What was wrong with TNG, Illustrated

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Lancer
Sith Marauder

What was wrong with TNG, Illustrated

Post by Lancer »

Gordonfrost
Redshirt

Post by Gordonfrost »

Wow, fantastic, you must be really proud of yourself for finding that. :)
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

While TNG had such moments, it was Voyager that took technobabble to new heights - to the point where Ron Moore said there were scripts with just pages and pages of technobabble that confused even him.
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Voyager took it to new heights, but TNG was the start of this downward slide. And Voyager is just a bastard offspring of TNG. The same people who made TNG made Voyager, only they got 'promoted'.
Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

And 'reversing the polarity' is Doctor Who's catch-phrase, anyhow. *Not* TNG's.

'Savages', indeed. :P
By His Word...
Dennis Toy
BANNED

Post by Dennis Toy »

While TNG had such moments, it was Voyager that took technobabble to new heights - to the point where Ron Moore said there were scripts with just pages and pages of technobabble that confused even him
Voyager took everything bad about trek to new heights, it took rehashing scripts, incompetence and bad acting to new heights.
You wanna set an example Garak....Use him, Let him Die!!
Kaintukee_Bob
Youngling

Post by Kaintukee_Bob »

But it also took the requisite T&A to new cup sizes. For that, it will always be fondle...I mean, fondly remembered.

Come on, what other recent sci-fi show has had the guts to change their T&A right in the middle of its run?

Voyager wasn't that bad! Come on...it had...that one episode. You know the one...it was really good. And the Forehead of the Week (tm) was really unique that show...you know the one!
Anakin: "Padme, I love you."
Padme: "Ani...I'm pregnant."
Anakin: "..."
*waves hand*
Anakin: "This is not the dad you're looking for"
-inspired by the 5/24 User Friendly
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

Voyager wasn't that bad! Come on...it had...that one episode. You know the one...it was really good.
The only Voyager epsiodes worth watching are the Doctor ones - "Blink of an Eye", "Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy", "Message in a Bottle", and thath early one where he goes insane and thinks he's the real human on a holographic ship.
Xon
Sith Acolyte

Re: What was wrong with TNG, Illustrated

Post by Xon »

The funny/sad part is the last 2 speach bubbles on the 3rd pannel are technobable. Everything before that is perfectly legit.
"Okay, I'll have the truth with a side order of clarity." ~ Dr. Daniel Jackson.
"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." ~ Stephen Colbert
"One Drive, One Partition, the One True Path" ~ ars technica forums - warrens - on hhd partitioning schemes.
Jay
Padawan Learner

Post by Jay »

And 'reversing the polarity' is Doctor Who's catch-phrase, anyhow. *Not* TNG's.
"Reverse the polarity of the neutron flow!!!"
...and knowing is half the battle
Lancer
Sith Marauder

Post by Lancer »

ggs wrote:
The funny/sad part is the last 2 speach bubbles on the 3rd pannel are technobable. Everything before that is perfectly legit.
your forgetting about the "we're not savages" bit Tycho goes through on the second panel.
Xon
Sith Acolyte

Post by Xon »

Matt Huang wrote:your forgetting about the "we're not savages" bit Tycho goes through on the second panel.
No that is perfectly understandable rationalization for buying a new expensive shinny technological artifact which will be sold for a 1/10 of the price in about 5 years.
"Okay, I'll have the truth with a side order of clarity." ~ Dr. Daniel Jackson.
"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." ~ Stephen Colbert
"One Drive, One Partition, the One True Path" ~ ars technica forums - warrens - on hhd partitioning schemes.
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

http://sluggy.com/daily.php?date=971008]Pleeease. This sums it up much more nicely.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
Madurai
Redshirt

Post by Madurai »

For something that bills itself as "science fiction," Star Trek seems to have a strange contempt for science. The biggest uphill battle I have to face is the pervasive notion that radiation is a green gaseous substance. I'm not even going to start on the DS9 spirituality hogwash.
Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

Thanks to Voyager, my best friend and I decided that our lives could be made perfect with a sustained tachyon pulse piggybacked through the main deflector on an anti-neutrino field.