Split from ROTS Revelations

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Ender wrote:Am I the only one disappointed tha we didn't get to see wookiees rip any arms out of sockets? I mean, have Gree get decapitated, have Tarful take on the scout. Or have random wookiee 5 rip the arms off a SBD. Something, please!
It looks like the Wookiee stuff was cut out for a reason. It didn't even get a mention in the novelixzation. TV show fodder, people? Recall, that Ann Crispin was forbidden to write about how Han and Chewie met in her Solo trilogy! Considering the fact that Lucas originally wanted Han to be Jungle Boy on Kashyyk, this might be a clear indication that LFL has other plans for the Wookiees.

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Vader's saber has been inconsistent since Star Wars first came out. There was one shot in the Death Star where it was WHITE.

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
VT-16
Sith Marauder

Post by VT-16 »

If you're talking about the 2004 DVD's, I wouldn't trust that too far.
No, I´m talking about ever single version I´ve seen. Orange for the seeker droid in ANH, orange/red for the speeder bike-cannon in ROTJ.

Though I must admit to liking the yellow center of the DS II superlaser in the DVD-version. Made me think of the yellow beam for the crab cannon in SW: CW. 8)
LaserRifleofDoom
Padawan Learner

Post by LaserRifleofDoom »

I just noticed this. In the picture of the emperor with two clonetroopers (look at the General Reactions page), we see that they're moving away from the style of helmet used in AotC, and more toward the Stormtrooper helmet. They have seperate eyes instead of the T-bar, and they've almost completely eliminated the fin on top. Also, the bulges at the base are much more prominant.
Firefox
Jedi Council Member

Post by Firefox »

The trooper helmet evolution is pretty well known by now. :wink:
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

Cykeisme wrote:
Isolder74 wrote:Has this been mentioned?

It appears that the Chanceller has on his person a tracking becon. This becon is on him in such a way that the jedi feel confident that finding it they find the chanceller. It HAS to but on him in such a way that taking away his clothes would not lower their confidence in finding it.

Is it some type of implant?
Oh, I see where this is going. :shock:
Where what is going? It could be something similar to a dog info tracking chip placed in his wrist. It could be an article of jewelry, perhaps even sewn into his underwhere
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

It HAS to but on him in such a way that taking away his clothes :roll: would not lower their confidence in finding it:roll: .
erhaps even sewn into his underwhere":roll:
Oh my aching backside :wink:
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Firefox
Jedi Council Member

Post by Firefox »

How the hell are you getting all of these good images? They don't all appear to be from official releases.
VT-16
Sith Marauder

Post by VT-16 »

They don't all appear to be from official releases
Don´t ask, don´t tell. :wink:
Firefox
Jedi Council Member

Post by Firefox »

That's what I thought. Any way of not knowing how low the Venator sits in dock from Yoda's arrival at the yards?
VT-16
Sith Marauder

Post by VT-16 »

You´re gonna have to get that from some other source right now. =\
Firefox
Jedi Council Member

Post by Firefox »

Bah! Some miracle worker you turned out to be. :P
VT-16
Sith Marauder

Post by VT-16 »

Just give me.....

...09:36 hours. :P
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

VT-16 wrote: I think that might have been an error, someone could have thought the AT-RTs were named AT-STs, like their decendants.
I think Stover knows the EU pretty well to not make such a mistake- I think his reference to AT-ST was on purpose. More the merrier really.

Nice screenshots there too, btw. Mike should definitely have them on hand for the technology section, if it's ... advisable. :)

I could swear there's some sort of unidentified walker design during the Utapau combat.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
VT-16
Sith Marauder

Post by VT-16 »

Personally I can´t wait for the DVD, there´s so much going on, especially on Mygeeto and the other CW worlds, here´s hoping they added some low-res CG EU stuff somewhere. *Sigh*

If not, there´s plenty of opportunity in the TV series. I still can´t wrap my mind around the fact that we´ll probably see more stuff in that than in all six films combined! :shock: According to some high-profile dude on MF who attended a party with Lucas and Co (even got a pic of him and the Flanneled One), he was heading for Sydney next week to begin pre-production already.
Kurgan
Sith Marauder

Post by Kurgan »

Lord Poe wrote:Vader's saber has been inconsistent since Star Wars first came out. There was one shot in the Death Star where it was WHITE.
True dat, but barring the color screwups in the new DVD's, it's been pretty consistent from ESB to ROTJ (okay, so the hilt looks slightly different, but I mean the blade).

The goal of modifying the lightsabers on the DVD's was supposedly to smooth out any inconsistencies that had been in the films since day one, instead they mostly just introduced more inconsistencies or made them uglier (though I liked the changes to the Vader/Kenobi fight in ANH, even if they still left 1% of it messed up; and the fix for Vader's white saber in that one shot).
Kurgan
Sith Marauder

Post by Kurgan »

VT-16 wrote:
If you're talking about the 2004 DVD's, I wouldn't trust that too far.
No, I´m talking about ever single version I´ve seen. Orange for the seeker droid in ANH, orange/red for the speeder bike-cannon in ROTJ.

Though I must admit to liking the yellow center of the DS II superlaser in the DVD-version. Made me think of the yellow beam for the crab cannon in SW: CW. 8)
I always thought those were both red, but maybe I'm wrong. For years our home TV had the color settings messed up. I could dig out my SE VHS (non-widescreen, woo hoo) tapes sometime and compare. If you're right, then I stand corrected. The SE was a clean up of the films supposedly, but even then we had some colors changing (Luke's saber in Ben's hut looks green due to aging of the stock). I wish I had the original originals... :(

I'll just take your word for it then unless somebody else can post some caps. If it's in the SE there's a pretty good chance it's always been that way though, 'cause I think Luke's saber in ANH was never blue in the SE (the only colored parts had faded to green or were white).

You did bring up a good point though, sometimes blaster bolts (in the OT) have a "core" to them (almost like a lightsaber blade) other times they're just solid color, though usually we're talking different weapons, not the same one.
Kurgan
Sith Marauder

Post by Kurgan »

Okay, finally I think I might have another ROTS Revelation (or more of a nitpick, whatever):

I swear I saw lightsabers shadows (ie: as if they were physical blades) in the Dooku/Kenobi/Anakin fight. Of course Lucas could easily fix that if he wanted to...

Slug ridding Trooper? :lol:
VT-16
Sith Marauder

Post by VT-16 »

Yeah, that poor slug was pulsating harder than Jabba in heat! :lol:

I noticed especially the stormtrooper blasters throughout the OT firing solid red bolts.
Kurgan
Sith Marauder

Post by Kurgan »

So really Dark Forces had it right. It was the subsequent sequels (Jedi Knight, et al.) that got it wrong by portraying red bolts with white (or yellow) cores.
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Kurgan wrote:So really Dark Forces had it right. It was the subsequent sequels (Jedi Knight, et al.) that got it wrong by portraying red bolts with white (or yellow) cores.
IIRC, in photo stills, the blaster bolts had yellow cores. Don't ask me why just in the photos. :P
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
VT-16
Sith Marauder

Post by VT-16 »

It was the subsequent sequels (Jedi Knight, et al.) that got it wrong by portraying red bolts with white (or yellow) cores.
I don´t think it´s necessarily wrong, just another type of ammo. :wink:
Firefox
Jedi Council Member

Post by Firefox »

The smaller doors on the Venator dorsal hull are likely a mod or variant of the class. Other ships, such as those seen in the opening battle, don't have them.
Mange
Sith Marauder

Post by Mange »

Kurgan wrote:Okay, finally I think I might have another ROTS Revelation (or more of a nitpick, whatever):

I swear I saw lightsabers shadows (ie: as if they were physical blades) in the Dooku/Kenobi/Anakin fight. Of course Lucas could easily fix that if he wanted to...
There have always been shadows cast by lightsabers.
The Original Nex
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Original Nex »

Man, looking at the first pic above, even the fucking V-wings look huge next to the Eta-2!