Starship drawing

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Melchior
Jedi Master

Starship drawing

Post by Melchior »

Made with Freehand and Photoshop.
Comments and criticism are welcome (and I know that it is overgunned).
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Do you have a version without the crazy effects?
Image Image
Melchior
Jedi Master

Post by Melchior »

Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:Do you have a version without the crazy effects?
I have a freehand-only picture:
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Nice, but I don't like the long skinny wings at all. The guns look nice tho. Do you have a pic that hasn't been shrunk down btw (I.E. same rez as the master)?
Image Image
Melchior
Jedi Master

Post by Melchior »

Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:Nice, but I don't like the long skinny wings at all. The guns look nice tho. Do you have a pic that hasn't been shrunk down btw (I.E. same rez as the master)?
I'll make one.
(please remember that that image was drawn quickly, without caring much for precision, since I was planning to apply a lot of effects on it)
Grandmaster Jogurt
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grandmaster Jogurt »

It seems a bit overgunned. I'd cut down the armaments by about half. If you removed tne forward-facing and the rear-facing small guns from the wings, as well as the small guns from the engines and downgraded the big guns there to little ones, I think the ship would look a lot less cluttered.
Melchior
Jedi Master

Post by Melchior »

Grandmaster Jogurt wrote:If you removed tne forward-facing and the rear-facing small guns from the wings, as well as the small guns from the engines and downgraded the big guns there to little ones, I think the ship would look a lot less cluttered.
The "wings" exist only to have some turrets attached to them, maybe I can leave a turret on each wing, the most external one, and remove the others.
Which big guns are you suggesting to downgrade, the two-barreled, forward-facing ones? Or the single-barreled one?
Grandmaster Jogurt
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grandmaster Jogurt »

Melchior wrote:Which big guns are you suggesting to downgrade, the two-barreled, forward-facing ones? Or the single-barreled one?
The double-barreled ones facing backwards. It might just be personal aesthetics, but I think heavy guns on the engine casing seem a bit out of place.
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Hehe. and here I was expecting the OP to be from Einy when I clicked on it. Just goes to show I've adapted to this place well enough. :) That said, I agree that the ship's a bit overgizmo'd.
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

I'd hate to be caught in front of that beast.
JADAFETWA