Star Crossed Fanfic

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Sweet. I liked the characterisation of Jellico. Reminded me a bit of the Peter David version's attitude towards Calhoun although yours was not as vement.
Last edited by Crazedwraith on 2005-06-13 05:50pm, edited 1 time in total.
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

Impressive work .... two chapters so close one to another ... although with a great delay before of that.

I only wonder if the Federation Remnant will have the time to put the new technologies to work before the battle for Andor... but I'm sure our writer will take care of that :wink:
Not all Dacians died at Sarmizegetusa
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Sweet! A 2-for-1 Starcrossed update! Well, nearly.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
applejack
Padawan Learner

Post by applejack »

Great job as always, Stravo. I do have a question though:
Stravo wrote:"His vision was particularly clouded here. Too many decisions to be made, too many forks in the road and the Force was no longer as clear as it once was. It was as if a great mudslide had clouded the waters of the future. So little could be seen now – he had never even had a glimpse of his son until now."
The bolded part seems awfully suspicious. Is it just because of the recent turn of events, or is it deliberate on the part of Palpatine and Gary?
Dear Lord, the gods have been good to me. As an offering, I present these milk and cookies. If you wish me to eat them instead, please give me no sign whatsoever *pauses* Thy will be done *munch munch munch*. - Homer Simpson
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

applejack wrote:Great job as always, Stravo. I do have a question though:
Stravo wrote:"His vision was particularly clouded here. Too many decisions to be made, too many forks in the road and the Force was no longer as clear as it once was. It was as if a great mudslide had clouded the waters of the future. So little could be seen now – he had never even had a glimpse of his son until now."
The bolded part seems awfully suspicious. Is it just because of the recent turn of events, or is it deliberate on the part of Palpatine and Gary?
Actually it's been stated as far back as the 50's (Christ I'm referring to chapters like decades) that Nemesis was having trouble seeing into the future and even Palpatine expressed some concern to Gary that his precog wasn't what it used to be. With the universe unravelling the very fabric of time is no longer stable and so precog is failing for everyone.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
applejack
Padawan Learner

Post by applejack »

Ah, okay. I can hardly remember that far back...
Dear Lord, the gods have been good to me. As an offering, I present these milk and cookies. If you wish me to eat them instead, please give me no sign whatsoever *pauses* Thy will be done *munch munch munch*. - Homer Simpson
Trytostaydead
Sith Marauder

Post by Trytostaydead »

This story just keeps getting better and better. I do wonder what will happen with Thrawn and Kahn. And what happened to the Cosmos ending? I doubt Gary will want Kahn getting in Thrawn's way.
Trogdor
Sith Devotee

Post by Trogdor »

So very close to giant three way battle among the stars :drools:
Darth Garden Gnome wrote:The Federation Remnant
Kirk with all his gang, including Leia, Chewbacca, Rogue Squadron, etc.; the rest of the Federation fleet along with Jellico; the Klingons, Vulcans, and Andorians; not to mention a fully armed and operational... Borg. Did I miss anyone?
I don't think so. The most I can come up with is that Charlie X might get done with being Q's errand boy and pop in.
"I want to mow down a bunch of motherfuckers with absurdly large weapons and relative impunity - preferably in and around a skyscraper. Then I want to fight a grim battle against the unlikely duo of the Terminator and Robocop. The last level should involve (but not be limited to) multiple robo-Hitlers and a gorillasaurus rex."--Uraniun235 on his ideal FPS game

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force."--Darth Vader
Raven
Padawan Learner

Post by Raven »

Trogdor wrote:So very close to giant three way battle among the stars :drools:
Darth Garden Gnome wrote:The Federation Remnant
Kirk with all his gang, including Leia, Chewbacca, Rogue Squadron, etc.; the rest of the Federation fleet along with Jellico; the Klingons, Vulcans, and Andorians; not to mention a fully armed and operational... Borg. Did I miss anyone?
I don't think so. The most I can come up with is that Charlie X might get done with being Q's errand boy and pop in.
Assuming he survives Maul.
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

*begins sharpenning knife*

I was lied to.
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

Crown wrote:*begins sharpenning knife*

I was lied to.
Next chapter sees the fruit of your labors. You cannot predict which road the creative process takes. An extra chapter here one there...next thing you know you're approaching 100 chapters. :P

Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Stravo wrote:
Crown wrote:*begins sharpenning knife*

I was lied to.
Next chapter sees the fruit of your labors. You cannot predict which road the creative process takes. An extra chapter here one there...next thing you know you're approaching 100 chapters. :P
I'm convinced that you are hiding a double life as a soap opera writer.

The Evidence:

Your ability to string us along with each chapter without advancing the plot too far.

You cause us to crave the next chapter like a whore craves her crack

The elapsed time in real life FAR exceeds the elapsed time in the story. (Didn't Kelly kill Westley about a week ago storywise? Need I mention the fact that the aformentioned chapter was posted in 2003? :P )

*eyes Stravo suspiciously....
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

You can tell great writing because it makes you emotional. This is great writing. Jellico's points were so good I ended up being pissed at Kirk and want to see him charged with desertion.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

Chris OFarrell wrote:
Ender wrote:Bump from bottom of page 2 because I say so.
NOT COOL Ender!
It got us 2 chapters in a week. Apology accepted.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

Ender wrote:You can tell great writing because it makes you emotional. This is great writing. Jellico's points were so good I ended up being pissed at Kirk and want to see him charged with desertion.
Thanks Ender, that is precisely the reaction I was looking for, Jellico had some pretyty compelling reasons not to hand over command and I didn't want to paint him in a one dimensional light as the gloating hand rubbing villainous power grabber. He has as much a right to do what is best for the fleet as Kirk does at this stage considering there is no real Federation government to act as a moderating influence. For the fleet legitimacy is being handed out by force of charisma and will and unfortunately for Jellico Kirk has them both in spades.

Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Stravo, you brought back the Excaliber, thank you, thank you very much. I shall be counting the days till we see it properly Dual and deal out death with a Star Destroyer.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:Stravo, you brought back the Excaliber, thank you, thank you very much. I shall be counting the days till we see it properly Dual and deal out death with a Star Destroyer.
The Excalibur comes on to her own and shines in the upcoming Battle of Andor. Afterall she is the Sith's first attempt at a Great Weapon. :twisted:

Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Stravo wrote:
Crossroads Inc. wrote:Stravo, you brought back the Excaliber, thank you, thank you very much. I shall be counting the days till we see it properly Dual and deal out death with a Star Destroyer.
The Excalibur comes on to her own and shines in the upcoming Battle of Andor. Afterall she is the Sith's first attempt at a Great Weapon. :twisted:
:shock: holy shit!

you know it does seem like a lot of loose ends are beginning to tie up...
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

A great chapter, though I have to agree with Jellico - Kirk is just too hotheaded and way too spoiling for a fight. Poor Jellico - first he works his ass off, and then this guy pops up and steals his fleet. A sad day for the only competent TNG starfleet captain.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

Wait, wait, wait. When did Maul show up?
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

Agent Fisher wrote:Wait, wait, wait. When did Maul show up?
Gary brought him back in order to win Palpy's trust IIRC.
Not all Dacians died at Sarmizegetusa
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Comosicus wrote:
Agent Fisher wrote:Wait, wait, wait. When did Maul show up?
Gary brought him back in order to win Palpy's trust IIRC.
I read every single chapter and I don't think I would miss a detail such as that either! :(

Anyone remember what chapter it is in? :shock:
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

I don't think it ever said it was Maul, and later in commentary Stravo mentioned that he never said it was Maul.
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Well even then, I am still wondering what Faram was referring to:
And lest we forget, Section 31 is ready to blow Andors star and take out the entire system ANY any hostile ships and I'm sure they have a plan to keep the bad guys traped in system until its too late....
--------------------
Maul is off trying to kill people for the Emperor, who is still running around with his *dramatic pause* FULLY ARMED AND OPERATIONAL BATTLE STATION slaying most of Treks lesser 'superbeings'.
I asked earlier but it has been ignored. Faram mentioned these two events but I never read about these either. :!:
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Of course, S31 may not be aware that Star Destroyers have been known to endure supernovas. :twisted:
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth