Split from ROTS Revelations

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Kurgan
Sith Marauder

Post by Kurgan »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:
Kurgan wrote:So really Dark Forces had it right. It was the subsequent sequels (Jedi Knight, et al.) that got it wrong by portraying red bolts with white (or yellow) cores.
IIRC, in photo stills, the blaster bolts had yellow cores. Don't ask me why just in the photos. :P
That makes perfect sense actually. Freeze framing the old movies you can see the lightsabers actually look like crap as stills in a lot of scenes (especially in ANH). So it makes sense they'd dress them up. That and you take publicity stills using the prop swords and paint them in. These shots of sabers look awesome and amazing, but compared to freeze frames from the same movies they don't like quite so impressive. They must have done the same with blaster bolts in shots. Whoever painted them must have made the artistic decision to do them this way. Then people making the games copied the shots instead of what the movie actually showed for the most part.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Just a heads up. Stills are not the same thing as frames.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

BTW.

We do know they used mutliple templates for clones by the end of the Clone Wars and the beginning of the Empire. This is supported alone by the shot of Obi Wan briefing Co. Cody and other clones in the Venator hanger bay. Cody is of the Jango template, and a second clone next to him is of another.

It is easier to see this difference in the Makine of RotS book where it has a blue screen on set shot of the encounter. It is Temura Morrison and another actor side by side talking to Ewan.

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am
Clone Sergeant
Padawan Learner

Post by Clone Sergeant »

Cal Wright wrote:BTW.

We do know they used mutliple templates for clones by the end of the Clone Wars and the beginning of the Empire. This is supported alone by the shot of Obi Wan briefing Co. Cody and other clones in the Venator hanger bay. Cody is of the Jango template, and a second clone next to him is of another.

It is easier to see this difference in the Makine of RotS book where it has a blue screen on set shot of the encounter. It is Temura Morrison and another actor side by side talking to Ewan.
No, sorry no new templates in that scene. IIRC, there was a Hyperspace set diary about the hangar scene. The other actor is merely Bodie Taylor, the actor they used for the younger clones from Episode II. The guy on the far end is probably a digital blending of Morrison and Taylor's face, which ILM said they were going to use in shots to add "diversity" to scenes where the clones appeared without their helmets. In addition, they never mentioned hiring or using anyone other than Morrison and Taylor to be filmed for that scene anyway.

Edit: Here's Taylor's cast page at the OS: link
Old Plympto
Jedi Master

Post by Old Plympto »

Clone Sergeant wrote:The guy on the far end is probably a digital blending of Morrison and Taylor's face, which ILM said they were going to use in shots to add "diversity" to scenes where the clones appeared without their helmets. In addition, they never mentioned hiring or using anyone other than Morrison and Taylor to be filmed for that scene anyway.
Ahhh.. they said that in Hyperspace, did they. OK, that explains it. Thanks Sarge.
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

Clone Sergeant wrote:
Cal Wright wrote:BTW.

No, sorry no new templates in that scene. IIRC, there was a Hyperspace set diary about the hangar scene. The other actor is merely Bodie Taylor, the actor they used for the younger clones from Episode II. The guy on the far end is probably a digital blending of Morrison and Taylor's face, which ILM said they were going to use in shots to add "diversity" to scenes where the clones appeared without their helmets. In addition, they never mentioned hiring or using anyone other than Morrison and Taylor to be filmed for that scene anyway.

Edit: Here's Taylor's cast page at the OS: link
It's an actor. The blue screen stills have Ewan, Morrison and another actor right with each other. They just don't name the actor.

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am
Grandmaster Jogurt
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grandmaster Jogurt »

Are the tanks on Mygeeto treaded or repulsored? I keep hearing that you see Republic treaded tanks during Order 66, but that tank looks like it's hovering to me.
VT-16
Sith Marauder

Post by VT-16 »

I´m not sure, in one of the earlier frames it looked like it had some form of ground contact (threads or something), but there´s nothing conclusive in the film itself.
Manus Celer Dei
Jedi Master

Post by Manus Celer Dei »

VT-16 wrote:The tank appears to have two long-barreled guns, one on each side, and a turret-gun similar to the AT-TE/AT-AP turret-gun. Only it appears to fire laserbolts. The cockpit is reminiscent of the AT-TE´s.
Maybe I'm just too tired, but that's not what I see. To me it looks like it's got two cannons on the side closest the camra and one big one on the far side, with a turret on top.

Also, is it just me or are the wookies in RotS much taller than Chewie was?
"We will build cities in a day!"
"Man would cower at the sight!"
"We will build towers to the heavens!"
"Man was not built for such a height!"
"We will be heroes!"
"We will BUILD heroes!"
[/size][/i]
Firefox
Jedi Council Member

Post by Firefox »

VT, you are a god among men. I can tell that the ship's keel doesn't touch the ground by about twenty meters. It's still too dark and too low a resolution to even think of where the landing gear are, unfortunately.

By the way, what program was used to make these captures?
Old Plympto
Jedi Master

Post by Old Plympto »

Yup that superlaser dish, the one that can't hurt a Starfleet shuttle ( :roll: ) looks mighty different.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Chewie is short for a Wookie. Those Republic tanks are tracked. The upside down AT-TE is just that.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
VT-16
Sith Marauder

Post by VT-16 »

Those Republic tanks are tracked.
Any official info? :D
VT-16
Sith Marauder

Post by VT-16 »

EDIT: I already sent to Saxton, and he replied. It´s on the page now. 8)
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Damn, that was pretty quick, don't you think?

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

VT-16
Sith Marauder

Post by VT-16 »

Yeah, and he even replied to some questions I sent him, regarding the names of various warships in the DK books. If they were meant to match existing craft from EU or not. Turns out some were and some weren´t. (I´m betting the "humpback cruiser" Saxton uses in his avatar is either a Procurator or a Praetor, time will tell if I´m right, though ;))

I also asked about the enigmatic text under an AT-AR picture, and according to him, there was a good possibility at the time that the battle of Hoth would be expanded for the DVDs last year. (I guess they had to work on ROTS instead ;)) He didn´t know what they would do in the future, though.
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Sorry that it doesn't contribute much to the thread, but...

God damn, I still can't get over the fact that all those Clonetroopers are CGI. That trooper who got shot looked totally real in motion.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
The Original Nex
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Original Nex »

I spot a possible hole where he was hit, but the chest armor seems mostly intact. Considering the size of that bolt, it goes to show how effective trooper armor is.
And Scout Trooper armor at that.
Kurgan
Sith Marauder

Post by Kurgan »

Mange the Swede wrote:
Kurgan wrote:Okay, finally I think I might have another ROTS Revelation (or more of a nitpick, whatever):

I swear I saw lightsabers shadows (ie: as if they were physical blades) in the Dooku/Kenobi/Anakin fight. Of course Lucas could easily fix that if he wanted to...
There have always been shadows cast by lightsabers.
I know this, I was pointing this out to demonstrate to fanboys who consider it a "glitch" that needs to be fixed (even the Jedi Outcast/Academy games follow up on this). Remember the old rumors that the 2004 DVD's would remove the saber shadows?

Of course, since the technique for rendering saber blades has changed little over the years even since ROTJ, it makes sense that this "gaffe" would continue and most people will miss it in the theaters anyway... but if we're using all "visual evidence" in canon then we can call them on it here.
;)

And he could still fix this, but so far he has not.
Last edited by Kurgan on 2005-06-13 06:31pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kurgan
Sith Marauder

Post by Kurgan »

The Original Nex wrote:
I spot a possible hole where he was hit, but the chest armor seems mostly intact. Considering the size of that bolt, it goes to show how effective trooper armor is.
And Scout Trooper armor at that.
Or was.. perhaps blaster tech has improved over the years to match the (then new?) armor.

Nice pics!
The Original Nex
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Original Nex »

Another indication of the power of blasters

http://img297.echo.cx/my.php?image=pdvd0230py.jpg

See the damage on the large pillar in the background center. I can only presume that it was made by the standard DC-14 Blaster Rifles carried by the Clone Troopers. Looking at the wide shots of the divisions of troops marching into the temple, none seemed to carry considerably larger weapons (ie. E-Web type weapons).
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

The Original Nex wrote:Another indication of the power of blasters

http://img297.echo.cx/my.php?image=pdvd0230py.jpg

See the damage on the large pillar in the background center. I can only presume that it was made by the standard DC-14 Blaster Rifles carried by the Clone Troopers. Looking at the wide shots of the divisions of troops marching into the temple, none seemed to carry considerably larger weapons (ie. E-Web type weapons).
It is possible that that blast mark was made by a LAAT/i. THey certainly had them availible on Coruscant.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Adam Reynolds
Jedi Council Member

Post by Adam Reynolds »

in the ROTS game when you fight Cin Dralling you see gunships decimating the temple
Manus Celer Dei
Jedi Master

Post by Manus Celer Dei »

Dammit, VT! I was just about to post pictures of the wookiee gun! :P

HAs anyone been able to find an instances of the AT-AP firing? I've been looking during the Kashykk battle but haven't been able to seen any.
"We will build cities in a day!"
"Man would cower at the sight!"
"We will build towers to the heavens!"
"Man was not built for such a height!"
"We will be heroes!"
"We will BUILD heroes!"
[/size][/i]
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

DPDarkPrimus wrote:Sorry that it doesn't contribute much to the thread, but...

God damn, I still can't get over the fact that all those Clonetroopers are CGI. That trooper who got shot looked totally real in motion.
Could be because it's likely motion-captured. :P