Does your pee stream stop when you sneeze?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Does your pee stream stop when you sneeze?

Post by aerius »

Since my allergies started acting up a couple days ago, I noticed something interesting. With my allergies, my nose itches like hell and I sneeze a lot. Anyways, I was standing in front of the toilet taking a leak when I suddenly had a massive sneeze, the kind that wakes up everyone in the house. I thought for sure I'd be mopping up piss from the floor, but I soon realized that I'd stopped mid-stream when I sneezed and thus all the piss went where it should. After a moment of reflection, I finished relieving myself and filed this bit of info away for further observation. Over the rest of the day and the next day, I sneezed a few more times while pissing, each time I stopped mid-stream.

And so I ask, when you sneeze while taking a leak, does your pee-stream stop or does it keep on going?
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

"Do you ever have to sneeze while taking a piss? It's frightening, isn't it? It's frightening, actually, because you can't do it. It's physically impossible to sneeze while pissing; your brain won't allow it. Your brain says, "Stop Pissing! We're going to sneeze now!" Because your brain knows...you might blow your asshole out!"

I've sneezed while pissing. What generally happens is a sudden increase of pressure in the urine stream. And loss of control. And a sudden burning sensation. And plenty of pain.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

It also stops when I have to yell really loud.

Learned that in boot.
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

Believe it or not, you concentrate when urinating, it's a voluntary control of bladder sphincters and a sneeze is an upset in the system. Sneezing means losing control, sensory overload and therefore a hiccup in urinating. Mystery solved.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

A disturbing thread not started by KAN nor Clark. Refreshing, actually.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
zannal
Redshirt

Post by zannal »

Man, Dalton, you made my friend nearly choke on her glass of OJ when she read that.
Also, to stay on topic I never thought of it, but yea I do stop wizzing when I sneeze.
Tinkerbell
Jedi Master

Post by Tinkerbell »

What the fuck??

This is almost as bad as the thread where someone talked about posting on SDN while shitting...
Darth Wong wrote:The American "family values" agenda is simple: alter the world so that you can completely ignore your child and still be confident that he is receiving the same kind of Christian upbringing that you would give him if you weren't busy.
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

xBlackFlash wrote:What the fuck??

This is almost as bad as the thread where someone talked about posting on SDN while shitting...
You mean you never saw this thread?
YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

Hahahaha.

Just wait 'till the Pink Foam link comes along... :lol:
Name changes are for people who wear women's clothes. - Zuul

Wow. It took me a good minute to remember I didn't have testicles. -xBlackFlash

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

It's only happened to me once, but yes, I stopped mid-stream when I sneezed.

I farted really loudly too.
The Gentleman from Texas abstains. Discourteously.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
"WHO POOPED IN A NORMAL ROOM?!"-Commander William T. Riker
Erik von Nein
Jedi Council Member

Post by Erik von Nein »

Yeah, I've done it once or twice. What happens is that the stream usually goes in a random direction while I sneeze and the pressure goes up. Happened in a port-a-potty once. That was not a pretty sight.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Maybe it's just that I've had allergies all my life and therefore sneezes no longer interupt my concentration, but if I sneeze while pissing there's no interuption, though occassionally the pressure goes up and I get a "surge".

Back when I played bass drum in a marching band the band leader spoke of his amazement that, during a sneezing fit with my eyes slammed shut and snot flying in large chunks everywhere, I was nonetheless able to keep in step and never missed a beat.

Then he told me to clean the damn drum off and take something for the allergies.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Admiral Valdemar wrote:Believe it or not, you concentrate when urinating, it's a voluntary control of bladder sphincters and a sneeze is an upset in the system. Sneezing means losing control, sensory overload and therefore a hiccup in urinating. Mystery solved.
Well, I guess that answers that, but it brings up another question. Why is it so hard then to voluntarily stop peeing in mid-stream? Well, at least it's hard for me...

You really need to read the Ejaculation Distance thread, all 12 pages of it. It's a classic from our earlier days.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Thats a thread I missed.

I did not want to know.
I did not need to know.
Now I know. :P
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

I don't know, I really don't. While I've undoubtedly sneezed while peeing at some point in my life, it's just one of those things which I never paid much attention to, and certainly not enough to remember for more than a few moments.
aerius wrote:You really need to read the Ejaculation Distance thread, all 12 pages of it. It's a classic from our earlier days.
Why? Why does that thread have to haunt me again? Why? :banghead:
This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker
Johonebesus
Jedi Master

Post by Johonebesus »

aerius wrote:Why is it so hard then to voluntarily stop peeing in mid-stream? Well, at least it's hard for me...

It is not hard. It is painful, but easy, for me anyway.
"Can you eat quarks? Can you spread them on your bed when the cold weather comes?" -Bernard Levin

"Sir: Mr. Bernard Levin asks 'Can you eat quarks?' I estimate that he eats 500,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,001 quarks a day...Yours faithfully..." -Sir Alan Cottrell

Elohim's loving mercy: "Hey, you, don't turn around. WTF! I said DON'T tur- you know what, you're a pillar of salt now. Bitch." - an anonymous commenter
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

aerius wrote:Well, I guess that answers that, but it brings up another question. Why is it so hard then to voluntarily stop peeing in mid-stream? Well, at least it's hard for me...
Because you touch yourself at night, obviously.

Offhand, I'd say it's a combination of the fact that the sphincter has relaxed, and the fact that the bladder is still forcing urine out. The same reason that putting your finger over the end of a hose doesn't really stop the water flow.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

:::scratches head:::

I touch myself at night (mmmmm.....goooooooooood*.....) and I don't have any problem stopping a piss mid-stream....

:P
:twisted:
SpacedTeddyBear
Jedi Master

Post by SpacedTeddyBear »

"Stop Pissing! We're going to sneeze now!" Because your brain knows...you might blow your asshole out!"
I farted a little bit doing this "experiment". It stung my bowels pretty good as well as getting some black pepper all over on the floor. I stopped in midstream too.
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

Batman wrote:A disturbing thread not started by KAN nor Clark. Refreshing, actually.
The administration has relieved KAN of his account. No pun intended.
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
Vertigo1
Defender of the Night

Post by Vertigo1 »

aerius wrote:You really need to read the Ejaculation Distance thread, all 12 pages of it. It's a classic from our earlier days.
Thank you sir for posting a refreshing reminder of my past. :D

Getting back on topic...I guess theres something wrong with me because I don't stop mid-stream when sneezing. Stopped mid-stream while farting or taking a shit, yes. But no other time.
"I once asked Rebecca to sing Happy Birthday to me during sex. That was funny, especially since I timed my thrusts to sync up with the words. And yes, it was my birthday." - Darth Wong

Leader of the SD.Net Gargoyle Clan | Spacebattles Firstone | Twitter
Natorgator
Jedi Knight

Post by Natorgator »

I always make myself stop mid-stream to sneeze, cause if I don't it really burns and that's not cool.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Durandal wrote:
Batman wrote:A disturbing thread not started by KAN nor Clark. Refreshing, actually.
The administration has relieved KAN of his account. No pun intended.
since when? Was it at KAN's request?
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
felineki
Infantile Brat

Post by felineki »

I can't recall ever sneezing while urinating, but this sounds very plausible. A large sneeze tenses up pretty much every muscle in your torso for a moment.
I'm a trolling moron and my E-mail is mbiddinger@mchsi.com
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Mine doesn't stop, and hence I never noticed anything odd. Probably a difference between girls and guys.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia