NGEvangelion coming to the mainstream

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

DPDP, if anyone else had suggested televised manga, my reply would have been:
Unless you were implying the probability/plausibility of CN actually showing it on TV, in which case put me down for $15,000 on 'no'.
But knowing you, you were just talkin' smack.
By His Word...
Exonerate
Sith Marauder

Post by Exonerate »

Admiral Valdemar wrote:The English dub is by far the worst dub for any animé in that language. Only the Finnish Digimon dubs beat it.
...and how did you ever come across Finnish Digimon dubs?
Now that you've mentioned it, I'm kind of curious... My friend acquired a fandubbing of Love Hina before - 2 minutes into it, he deleted it off his hard drive.

BoTM, MM, HAB, JL
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Theres the series ending, End of Evangelion ending and i heard that Death & rebirth has another ending plus whatever's in the manga.

Also can anyone pm me with a good source of the manga in english in a digital format?
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Shadowhawk
Jedi Knight

Post by Shadowhawk »

the .303 bookworm wrote:Theres the series ending, End of Evangelion ending and i heard that Death & rebirth has another ending plus whatever's in the manga.

Also can anyone pm me with a good source of the manga in english in a digital format?
Uh.
Death & Rebirth are a condensed retelling of the series and the first part of End of Evangelion. The End of Evangelion and the series ending are complimentary (IMO; there are those who think they are contradictory).

And here are some good places for the manga, in LEGAL analog format:
http://www.amazon.com
http://www.waldenbooks.com
http://www.barnsandnoble.com/
Shadowhawk
Eric from ASVS
"Sufficiently advanced technology is often indistinguishable from magic." -- Clarke's Third Law
"Then, from sea to shining sea, the God-King sang the praises of teflon, and with his face to the sunshine, he churned lots of butter." -- Body of a pharmacy spam email

Here's my avatar, full-sized (Yoshitoshi ABe's autograph in my Lain: Omnipresence artbook)
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

I did mean in an honest digital format, from any electronic bookstore's with any english comics in it.

I would never dream of asking for any illegal "warez" as per the board rules :angelic: ,
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

So who else wants to bet they'll show the manga on Cartoon Network instead of eps 25-26 or the movie? :P
Come on, Utsanomiko needs a new car...
By His Word...
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Il'l lay down a bet that they wont make a new (logical) ending and will use one of the psychadelic ending's.

I need a car also :wink:

Btw what was the manga ending? In detail please.
Photography
Manus Celer Dei
Jedi Master

Post by Manus Celer Dei »

the .303 bookworm wrote:Il'l lay down a bet that they wont make a new (logical) ending and will use one of the psychadelic ending's.

I need a car also :wink:

Btw what was the manga ending? In detail please.
It's not been done yet. AFAIK he's still making volume nine and he's up to the third Rei showing up.
"We will build cities in a day!"
"Man would cower at the sight!"
"We will build towers to the heavens!"
"Man was not built for such a height!"
"We will be heroes!"
"We will BUILD heroes!"
[/size][/i]
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

Exonerate wrote: ...and how did you ever come across Finnish Digimon dubs?
Now that you've mentioned it, I'm kind of curious... My friend acquired a fandubbing of Love Hina before - 2 minutes into it, he deleted it off his hard drive.
Some native Finnish person posted a video clip of one episode on SB.com years back. I can never forget the screams, the horrible, fake acting screams...
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Shadowhawk wrote:Uh.
Death & Rebirth are a condensed retelling of the series and the first part of End of Evangelion. The End of Evangelion and the series ending are complimentary (IMO; there are those who think they are contradictory).
The way I understood it, the series ending was where the big 3I succeeds, and EoE was where it fails.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia