Major incident occuring on the London Underground.

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Hillary wrote:How the fuck I'm getting home, God alone knows. Just realised how selfish that thought was - some people won't be going home at all.
That's not selfish, Hillary, that's your survival instincts kicking in. It's perfectly OK to want to get the hell out of a situation like that, even if you're not directly affected. Listen to those instincts, OK? Keep yourself safe
This is SO fucked up.
Absolutely.

NYC survived. DC survived. Madrid survived. London will, too.

During 9/11 a lot of folks in the US had the thought "If London survived the blitz in WWII, we can get through this." You're tough folks, Hillary. Be strong.
Stuart Mackey
Drunken Kiwi Editor of the ASVS Press

Post by Stuart Mackey »

Broomstick wrote:snip

During 9/11 a lot of folks in the US had the thought "If London survived the blitz in WWII, we can get through this." You're tough folks, Hillary. Be strong.
Indeed.
London had six years of being bombed and otherwise blasted. They will cope.
Via money Europe could become political in five years" "... the current communities should be completed by a Finance Common Market which would lead us to European economic unity. Only then would ... the mutual commitments make it fairly easy to produce the political union which is the goal"

Jean Omer Marie Gabriel Monnet
--------------
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

I am trully curious... Was this in direct response to London getting the Olympics? If it was, had Paris recieved it, would we have had this happen in Paris? Or NewYork? Where these guys SO Organized that they had Bombs set up in EVERY city, but said "Ok, they got the Games, lkets blow them up" ?
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Hillary
Jedi Master

Post by Hillary »

Broomstick wrote:
Hillary wrote:How the fuck I'm getting home, God alone knows. Just realised how selfish that thought was - some people won't be going home at all.
That's not selfish, Hillary, that's your survival instincts kicking in. It's perfectly OK to want to get the hell out of a situation like that, even if you're not directly affected. Listen to those instincts, OK? Keep yourself safe

Not going anywhere at the moment. Our windows are apparently bomb-proof - let's hope we don't get to test them.
This is SO fucked up.
Absolutely.

We'll survive alright - we have a very "let's get on with it" mentality. As long as there's no structural damage, everything will be running as normal come Monday.

Stock market's nose-dived.

Got to go, a bus opposite our windows has a suspect package. Brilliant.
Sir Sirius
Sith Devotee
Location: 6 hr 45 min R.A. and -16 degrees 43 minutes declination

Post by Sir Sirius »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:I am trully curious... Was this in direct response to London getting the Olympics? If it was, had Paris recieved it, would we have had this happen in Paris? Or NewYork? Where these guys SO Organized that they had Bombs set up in EVERY city, but said "Ok, they got the Games, lkets blow them up" ?
Doubtfull, a day seems like an awfully short preparation period for a strike directed at so many targets.
Tiger Ace
Jedi Knight

Post by Tiger Ace »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:I am trully curious... Was this in direct response to London getting the Olympics? If it was, had Paris recieved it, would we have had this happen in Paris? Or NewYork? Where these guys SO Organized that they had Bombs set up in EVERY city, but said "Ok, they got the Games, lkets blow them up" ?
Whats New York got to do with it? It had no chance.

If we buy into the idea that they were ready, maybe the Parisians should be glad they didn't get the Olympics.
Useless geek posting above.

Its Ace Pace.
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Hillary wrote:In other news, Australia 51-0 after 12 overs (off topic) :wink:
Wait, I know what that means... we are kicking your arses, right? In cricket I bet. :)

Seriously, I am saddened to hear of this tragedy.
PackMule
Youngling

Post by PackMule »

Hillary wrote:Got to go, a bus opposite our windows has a suspect package. Brilliant.
Keep safe. God Speed.
Long Time Lurker, Seldom Poster.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Looks like five to eight bombs, two disarmed in place and depending on the group(A Madrid copycat for example) there could be more delay set for the aid workers.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Dark
Youngling

Post by Dark »

Some people i'v been talking to think it might of been the french who did it so thay can have the olympics
In the future we wont spank the monkey, The monkey will spank us!
Mange
Sith Marauder

Post by Mange »

I'm shocked. My thoughts goes out to the people affected by these barbaric acts.
Tiger Ace
Jedi Knight

Post by Tiger Ace »

Dark wrote:Some people i'v been talking to think it might of been the french who did it so thay can have the olympics
Are they fucking insane?! :shock: While I have no doubt the French are VERY pissed at not getting the Olympics, but saying they just did a terror attack is outside the realm of rational thought.

Its Ace Pace.
Archaic`
Jedi Council Member

Post by Archaic` »

If it wasn't in response to the games, it would have to be due to the G8, and honestly, this doesn't fit the MO of those protesters.
Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Dark wrote:Some people i'v been talking to think it might of been the french who did it so thay can have the olympics
Which of course is stupid mornic and insane.

Make sure these people don't repoduce, we are depending on you.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Did you READ the first page?
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Dark
Youngling

Post by Dark »

not really when you know that Britain and france have the biggest rivalry in Europe. we did fight them for like 600 years
In the future we wont spank the monkey, The monkey will spank us!
Tiger Ace
Jedi Knight

Post by Tiger Ace »

Dark wrote:not really when you know that Britain and france have the biggest rivalry in Europe. we did fight them for like 600 years
Thats so far beyond the realm of possibility you need to get your head checked if you belive that. The french are PISSED that they lost. They are not terrorist bombers.

Its Ace Pace.
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Dark wrote:not really when you know that Britain and france have the biggest rivalry in Europe. we did fight them for like 600 years
No no, its retarded. French nationalists didn't spot-plan a bombing of london in less than 24 hours to retaliate at being snubbed over the fucking Olympics.
ImageImage
Tiger Ace
Jedi Knight

Post by Tiger Ace »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:
No no, its retarded. French nationalists didn't spot-plan a bombing of london in less than 24 hours to retaliate at being snubbed over the fucking Olympics.
Tin Foil Hat time.
Who said its only 24 hours? they could have prepered it for weeks, on the off chance. :P

Its Ace Pace.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Dude, I totally thought you were joking about this. Especially since a bunch of other people have already been joking "Gee, must have been the French"

Now, go and sit in a corner till you realize this is a joke and the French had nothing to do with it.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
WyrdNyrd
Jedi Knight

Post by WyrdNyrd »

Don't be fucking ridiculous! You fought together in the last big one!

Idiot
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Dark, you picked a bad time to show up and be stupid. Your name might get changed to "Dim".

Tony is up any minute now.
ImageImage
kheegster
Jedi Council Member

Post by kheegster »

I'm outside London now, but quite a few of the Tube stations which were hit are in the Metropolitan or Northern lines, which I use frequently. And from what I hear there were buses hit in Tavistock Sq and Russell Sq, which is a couple of blocks from UCL. And I have friends living in that area.

Shit...I get the feeling this is going to be at least as bad as Madrid.

Dark: SHUT THE FUCK UP. I believe he deserves immediate banning.
Articles, opinions and rants from an astrophysicist: Cosmic Journeys
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

kheegan wrote:I'm outside London now, but quite a few of the Tube stations which were hit are in the Metropolitan or Northern lines, which I use frequently. And from what I hear there were buses hit in Tavistock Sq and Russell Sq, which is a couple of blocks from UCL. And I have friends living in that area.

Shit...I get the feeling this is going to be at least as bad as Madrid.

Dark: SHUT THE FUCK UP. I believe he deserves immediate banning.
Its a tense time, and he's new. Give him a chance.
ImageImage
Tiger Ace
Jedi Knight

Post by Tiger Ace »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:Dark, you picked a bad time to show up and be stupid. Your name might get changed to "Dim".

Tony is up any minute now.
Post when hes talking, I'll go listen to the TV instead of you. :P

Its Ace Pace.