Major incident occuring on the London Underground.

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

CJvR
Sith Devotee

Post by CJvR »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:I am trully curious... Was this in direct response to London getting the Olympics? If it was, had Paris recieved it, would we have had this happen in Paris? Or NewYork? Where these guys SO Organized that they had Bombs set up in EVERY city, but said "Ok, they got the Games, lkets blow them up" ?
Unlikely the operation would become to large to keep secret if it was that big, particulary the international communications would be murder for the plotters. More likely it was a smaller organisation and mainly aimed at the long announced G8 meeting.
I thought Roman candles meant they were imported. - Kelly Bundy
12 yards long, two lanes wide it's 65 tons of American pride, Canyonero! - Simpsons
Support the KKK environmental program - keep the Arctic white!
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Paris is no doubt on alert, but the Olympics seems like a stupid thing to bomb over (as opposed to all those good bombing reasons).

Tony is coming home, G8 is continuing without him. Can someone Knight him already? He's a good man.

BTW, which SDers are from London that aren't in the thread?
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:Tony is coming home, G8 is continuing without him. Can someone Knight him already? He's a good man.
And what about the people who think hes a jerk? Are they going to be scoffed at and called "Unpatriotic" for not supporting him?
((sorry, am reminded of Bush after 9/11))
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Stuart Mackey
Drunken Kiwi Editor of the ASVS Press

Post by Stuart Mackey »

Over 100 casualties at Royal London Hospital, at least 10 are serious.
Via money Europe could become political in five years" "... the current communities should be completed by a Finance Common Market which would lead us to European economic unity. Only then would ... the mutual commitments make it fairly easy to produce the political union which is the goal"

Jean Omer Marie Gabriel Monnet
--------------
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:
CaptainChewbacca wrote:Tony is coming home, G8 is continuing without him. Can someone Knight him already? He's a good man.
And what about the people who think hes a jerk? Are they going to be scoffed at and called "Unpatriotic" for not supporting him?
No. Brits rally around the Queen, not the PM.
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Crossroads Inc. wrote:
He's always been a good man, at least I think so. He's the epitome of "English".

1 Fatality at Royal London.
ImageImage
CJvR
Sith Devotee

Post by CJvR »

With all the idiot anarchists keeping the British police busy at G8 it would be an excelent oppertunity to strike soft targets in London.
I thought Roman candles meant they were imported. - Kelly Bundy
12 yards long, two lanes wide it's 65 tons of American pride, Canyonero! - Simpsons
Support the KKK environmental program - keep the Arctic white!
Tiger Ace
Jedi Knight

Post by Tiger Ace »

Its official, Blair is calling this a terror attack.
Useless geek posting above.

Its Ace Pace.
Stuart Mackey

Post by Stuart Mackey »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:
Britian has a great tradition of 'Her Magesties Loyal Opposition'. It is not unpatriotic to oppose the government.
Via money Europe could become political in five years" "... the current communities should be completed by a Finance Common Market which would lead us to European economic unity. Only then would ... the mutual commitments make it fairly easy to produce the political union which is the goal"

--------------
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Stuart Mackey wrote:Over 100 casualties at Royal London Hospital, at least 10 are serious.
Didn't someone say Brits count all injuries as Casualties? Do we know how many Deaths have been comfirmed?
Stuart Mackey wrote:Britian has a great tradition of 'Her Magesties Loyal Opposition'. It is not unpatriotic to oppose the government.
Lucky you, wish we could say the same here :?
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Crossroads Inc. wrote:
Stuart Mackey wrote:Over 100 casualties at Royal London Hospital, at least 10 are serious.
Didn't someone say Brits count all injuries as Casualties? Do we know how many Deaths have been comfirmed?
Stuart Mackey wrote:Britian has a great tradition of 'Her Magesties Loyal Opposition'. It is not unpatriotic to oppose the government.
So far "confirmed deaths" are at less than a dozen, but that's lack of information. If its a BEEB report, they'll say "fatalities" for dead.
ImageImage
Stuart Mackey

Post by Stuart Mackey »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:
At least one. I gauruntee a lot more, im sorry to say.
Its the same in NZ, Aussie and Cananda.

--------------
Dark
Youngling

Post by Dark »

i didnt say i belived it i said you cant blame some people for thinking that

like the people who live next door to me. its just one big shock and every ones minds are rushing to differnt conclusions.

I dont know who did it.
In the future we wont spank the monkey, The monkey will spank us!
El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

Post by El Moose Monstero »

Phew... my friends are safe and so are their parents. I had a heart-in-the-mouth moment when I thought for a moment that mum was travelling back home via London, but the old man says she's flying. Nasty few moments of panic there.
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie
kheegster
Jedi Council Member

Post by kheegster »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:Paris is no doubt on alert, but the Olympics seems like a stupid thing to bomb over (as opposed to all those good bombing reasons).

Tony is coming home, G8 is continuing without him. Can someone Knight him already? He's a good man.

Innerbrat studies in UCL which is within a few blocks of at least 3 of the blasts.
Articles, opinions and rants from an astrophysicist: Cosmic Journeys
Stuart Mackey

Post by Stuart Mackey »

This shit sux, I have relatives in the London area.

--------------
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

According to the BBC, police now believe there's been 7 blasts. Anyone I know in London is safe, had calls from them.

The mobile phone network down there is jammed with everyone trying to phone at the same time.

It's weird, even here, at the other end of the country, in a quiet, sleepy area, the police are mobilising.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

kheegan wrote:
CaptainChewbacca wrote:Paris is no doubt on alert, but the Olympics seems like a stupid thing to bomb over (as opposed to all those good bombing reasons).

Innerbrat studies in UCL which is within a few blocks of at least 3 of the blasts.
I like Brat. Hope everything is ok.
ImageImage
Stuart Mackey

Post by Stuart Mackey »

This thread to be stickied?

--------------
Tiger Ace
Jedi Knight

Post by Tiger Ace »

Brat has reported all fine, see OT.
Useless geek posting above.

Its Ace Pace.
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Stuart Mackey wrote:This thread to be stickied?
I don't think its going anywhere.
ImageImage
El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

Post by El Moose Monstero »

Rye wrote:According to the BBC, police now believe there's been 7 blasts. Anyone I know in London is safe, had calls from them.

The mobile phone network down there is jammed with everyone trying to phone at the same time.

It's weird, even here, at the other end of the country, in a quiet, sleepy area, the police are mobilising.
Most of the police in the country are currently up in Edinburgh, I saw at least 10 vans in convoy last week travelling north up the A1/M1. Don't think that security will have been compromised however, especially in the capital, they're usually very tight at the railway stations. It's strange to be in an office surrounded by people laughing and celebrating people's birthdays whilst waiting to hear from various people in the London area.
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

Oh God, this is terrible. I am so sad yet also so angry. I feel like crying ...

BBC Monitoring says that Islamists have claimed responsibility. What are they trying to achieve? At this time when the G8 are talking about poverty and climate change, they have to ruin everything.

And innocents have to die for their aims. I just don't know what to say, I am stunned ... :(
"I'm personally against seeing my pictures and statues in the streets - but it's what the people want." - Saparmurat Niyazov
"I'm not good in groups. It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent." - Q
HAB Military Intelligence: Providing sexed-up dodgy dossiers for illegal invasions since 2003.
Stuart Mackey

Post by Stuart Mackey »

People trapped in underground near Kings Cross station

--------------