Major incident occuring on the London Underground.

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

What do you think the respose will be from the Lib Dems and other left wing parties now? Will their position on Iraq now have to change in response to public outrage?
What does this attack have to do with Iraq ?
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

18-Till-I-Die wrote:Some guy, i think on either CNN or Fox i cant look around to tell for sure, is talking...he says he saw like a bus blown open and people were laying out on the street...says he couldnt tell if they were alive or dead.

What kind of bomb can rip a bus in two!?
A couple of kilos of C4 is more than enough. Though as that is a controlled substance, SEMTEX would be the right material, practically a copy of C4. A briefcase full of the stuff would easily take out a whole tube train, letalone a double-decker or other road vehicle.

The reports are saying this was likely a sleeper cell, not some guys coming over for this event and just dropping off some parcels around the capital.
18-Till-I-Die
Emperor's Hand

Post by 18-Till-I-Die »

Tiger Ace wrote:
18-Till-I-Die wrote:Some guy, i think on either CNN or Fox i cant look around to tell for sure, is talking...he says he saw like a bus blown open and people were laying out on the street...says he couldnt tell if they were alive or dead.

What kind of bomb can rip a bus in two!?
Hmn..local explosives here can do that, have done that.
To be honest, compared to stuff here, that bus hit was a firecracker.
Really? Jesus.

I imagined...i mean with all the metal, a bomb would have to be...i dont know i imagined like a small missile. To take out a whole bus like that, just tear it in two like a tin can.

Overestimating i guess.
Kanye West Saves.

CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Jason von Evil wrote:
Admiral Valdemar wrote:Whoever they are, they made a big mistake. They've once again sowed solid resolution rather than fear and disarray now.
They shall learn that the lion still has quite a few teeth left and why one eighth of the world once swore alliegence to the Kingdom.

God save the Queen. :)
Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind. 18-til, 2-deckers aren't terribly sturdy. A medium suicide-bomb could pop the top off.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

Oh God ... rescuers had to walk through the carriages and step over all the dead bodies, it has been confirmed. :(

How horrible must the SAR job be? They are very brave.
"I'm personally against seeing my pictures and statues in the streets - but it's what the people want." - Saparmurat Niyazov
"I'm not good in groups. It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent." - Q
HAB Military Intelligence: Providing sexed-up dodgy dossiers for illegal invasions since 2003.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

You can drive westerners out by killing people in a foreign country, but you kill people in a western country and you piss us off. Remember 9/11? Everyone and his dog was onside to jump on Afghanistan.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

Bounty wrote:
What do you think the respose will be from the Lib Dems and other left wing parties now? Will their position on Iraq now have to change in response to public outrage?
What does this attack have to do with Iraq ?
Some people may claim that is we hadn't have attacked Iraq then these attacks may not have happened.
"I'm personally against seeing my pictures and statues in the streets - but it's what the people want." - Saparmurat Niyazov
"I'm not good in groups. It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent." - Q
HAB Military Intelligence: Providing sexed-up dodgy dossiers for illegal invasions since 2003.
Tiger Ace
Jedi Knight

Post by Tiger Ace »

18-Till-I-Die wrote:
Really? Jesus.

I imagined...i mean with all the metal, a bomb would have to be...i dont know i imagined like a small missile. To take out a whole bus like that, just tear it in two like a tin can.

Overestimating i guess.
As Vald says, its not alot of matirial, though it was on the upper deck, so atleast the bus didn't go up in flames. Stuff here is usually exploded upfront to hit the engine.
Useless geek posting above.

Its Ace Pace.
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Damn! :shock:

It is with great shock that I say:

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Jason von Evil wrote:
Admiral Valdemar wrote:Whoever they are, they made a big mistake. They've once again sowed solid resolution rather than fear and disarray now.
They shall learn that the lion still has quite a few teeth left and why one eighth of the world once swore alliegence to the Kingdom.

God save the Queen. :)
By the end of this its going to be: Rule fucking Britannia, for Britannia has reformed the old Palestinian and other Middle Eastern colonies...
Dark
Youngling

Post by Dark »

God save the Queen.
God save the Queen
In the future we wont spank the monkey, The monkey will spank us!
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

ALI_G wrote:What do you think the respose will be from the Lib Dems and other left wing parties now? Will their position on Iraq now have to change in response to public outrage? Or will Labour take a hit as people blame this on our support for Bush and his policies?
I don't think so. Iraq was still a mistake, and we all hated terrotists before then, so...
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
kheegster
Jedi Council Member

Post by kheegster »

ALI_G wrote:What do you think the respose will be from the Lib Dems and other left wing parties now? Will their position on Iraq now have to change in response to public outrage? Or will Labour take a hit as people blame this on our support for Bush and his policies?
I have serious doubts that this would have happened if Blair hadn't went into Iraq against the opinions of both his own party and the majority of the population. The question is: how many people think the same?
Articles, opinions and rants from an astrophysicist: Cosmic Journeys
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

This may be dumb, but does anyone have a screencap of Blair with all of the G8 leaders standing behind him? I want one.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Tiger Ace
Jedi Knight

Post by Tiger Ace »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:This may be dumb, but does anyone have a screencap of Blair with all of the G8 leaders standing behind him? I want one.
Your not the only one.

Its Ace Pace.
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

How will Blair get to London? Will it be chopper? If so how long would it take?
Archaic`
Jedi Council Member

Post by Archaic` »

weemadando wrote:Shit - BBC website appears to be slashdotted. Trying to find a good shot of the G8 leaders at that speech... I cannot emphasise enough how fucking scary they all looked.
Image Here
Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos
Tiger Ace
Jedi Knight

Post by Tiger Ace »

ALI_G wrote:How will Blair get to London? Will it be chopper? If so how long would it take?
Chopper.

Its Ace Pace.
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

His Chinook is taking-off now. He should be back within a couple of hours.
Dark
Youngling

Post by Dark »

the most powerful people in the world and thay look pissed. i'd hate to be the people who did this.
In the future we wont spank the monkey, The monkey will spank us!
18-Till-I-Die
Emperor's Hand

Post by 18-Till-I-Die »

Stupid question: What was happening at the G8? Why would it be a target?
Kanye West Saves.

Tiger Ace
Jedi Knight

Post by Tiger Ace »

Police officials..get your facts straight, witnesses say they were told to quickly leave stations, that there was a bomb, not that there was no warning.

Its Ace Pace.
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

I know I am almost starting to sound like Shep or something, but this is almost making me think that it seriously would be a good idea to quarantine all Muslims...
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

18-Till-I-Die wrote:Stupid question: What was happening at the G8? Why would it be a target?
Euhm - the leaders of the most powerful nations in the world together in one place :?
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

I have an odd idea... I wonder if an agreement by the G8 is now more likely after this terrorist attack? Almost as if the G8 want to show a unified front against terrorism and thus will agree to unite against poverty?

If so, then at least some good will have come from this. If not ... then it has been an absolute disaster. :(