Major incident occuring on the London Underground.

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

Pheeew.

Just got in touch with my sister we had been trying to call for some time. She is fine. They WERE going to go into Londen today to show a heep of friends from Australia around, but got drunk celebrating NSW's win last night in the State of Origin match, so they slept in.

Bloody lucky for that. Otherwise they would have been heading into Londen via the tubes about the time this whole thing went down....
Arcen
Youngling

Post by Arcen »

Sorrow and Grief, Heartfelt condolences. To the cowards who did this :finger:
Serving in eternity waiting for my time to expire.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Admiral Valdemar wrote:Oh look, religious zealots, colour me unsurprised.

Their ignorance and arrogance knows no bounds it seems.
The ignorance of that statement is amazing... Sure... Defeated the British Zionists?

Hornet nest > kid with twig poking at it.
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

weemadando wrote:Any updates on the reports that the Israeli embassy got a "5 minute warning" on this?
Yeah, that turned out to not be true. Scotland Yard may have been making a quick call to Israel because they found some intel. No "Zionist Conspiracy" here.
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

weemadando wrote:Any updates on the reports that the Israeli embassy got a "5 minute warning" on this?
Oh look, the "blame the jews!" train of thought has already started! :roll:
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

Imperial Overlord wrote:
18-Till-I-Die wrote:Stupid question: What was happening at the G8? Why would it be a target?
Leaders of the the 8 wealthiest nations in the world and Russia, meeting with the leaders of other nations and Kofi Anan on strategies to combat world poverty.
And surounded by enough air and ground power for the vast majority of world powers to throw their entire military at and do nothing...
Archaic`
Jedi Council Member

Post by Archaic` »

Picture of the blown up bus

From that picture and others, it looks to me like something was left under the seats at the back of that top level, where it'd be least likely to be discovered quickly. If it was a suicide bomb, I would have expected a blast in the middle or front of the bottom level, where it should be able to do more damage.
Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

MKSheppard wrote:
Oh look, the "blame the jews!" train of thought has already started! :roll:
Shep, for the first 2 hours, the major media channels were reporting this, then they determined it wasn't true.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

It's still being reported that there were 'only' four explosions - has anyone got any sources that differ from this?
"I'm personally against seeing my pictures and statues in the streets - but it's what the people want." - Saparmurat Niyazov
"I'm not good in groups. It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent." - Q
HAB Military Intelligence: Providing sexed-up dodgy dossiers for illegal invasions since 2003.
Tiger Ace
Jedi Knight

Post by Tiger Ace »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:
Yeah, that turned out to not be true. Scotland Yard may have been making a quick call to Israel because they found some intel. No "Zionist Conspiracy" here.
But whats with the police denying there were last minute alerts to the subway stations to evacuate?

And from Israeli news, we did not get prior warning beyond what any other nation got. I.E nil.
Useless geek posting above.

Its Ace Pace.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

There are reports that a number of warnings were given just before the bombs went off.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Tiger Ace
Jedi Knight

Post by Tiger Ace »

ALI_G wrote:It's still being reported that there were 'only' four explosions - has anyone got any sources that differ from this?
The entire world? Its the officials being too busy to give updated reports, leaving the news media to actully find out themselves.

Its Ace Pace.
Tiger Ace
Jedi Knight

Post by Tiger Ace »

Archaic` wrote:Picture of the blown up bus

From that picture and others, it looks to me like something was left under the seats at the back of that top level, where it'd be least likely to be discovered quickly. If it was a suicide bomb, I would have expected a blast in the middle or front of the bottom level, where it should be able to do more damage.
I've seen buses destroyed alot more throughly.
Someone's inexperianced, sure, they have the resources to apprently plant bombs all over London, but their not that bright on blowing up busses.

Its Ace Pace.
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Tiger Ace wrote:
ALI_G wrote:It's still being reported that there were 'only' four explosions - has anyone got any sources that differ from this?
The entire world? Its the officials being too busy to give updated reports, leaving the news media to actully find out themselves.
Its 4 places, 7 separate devices. They'll sort it out.
CJvR
Sith Devotee

Post by CJvR »

A few of the trains might have blown up in between stations, that could cause some confusion. 6 stations involved but only 3 bombs...
I thought Roman candles meant they were imported. - Kelly Bundy
12 yards long, two lanes wide it's 65 tons of American pride, Canyonero! - Simpsons
Support the KKK environmental program - keep the Arctic white!
spikenigma
Village Idiot

Post by spikenigma »

Can't remember who requested this

(from my AV card)

http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs36&d=05274&f=bl ... enigma.jpg

my loved ones are all safe

phones are down
There is no knowledge that is not power...
Archaic`
Jedi Council Member

Post by Archaic` »

There was also apparently at least one situation where a bomb blew on a train while it was passing another in the tunnels, which would further confuse reports.
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Holy fuck. You wake up one morning and grab a book and you don't expect buses in fucking London to explode. It's just surreal.

My condolences to everyone who died- do we have confirmation that all SDN members are okay? I see quite a few are, but you have to make sure.

Are terrorists that stupid? Madrid and this new attack only strengthens the resolve to fight. Speaking hypothetically, the only way you could ever make the Western World feat is to pull of large attacks across the globe simultaneously and make yourself look powerful. These bus attacks just make Tony and Co. pissed.
kheegster
Jedi Council Member

Post by kheegster »

Tiger Ace wrote:
Archaic` wrote:Picture of the blown up bus

I've seen buses destroyed alot more throughly.
Someone's inexperianced, sure, they have the resources to apprently plant bombs all over London, but their not that bright on blowing up busses.
I don't think many people would have survived on that top deck. On the bright side, the top deck is usually less crowded because passengers aren't allowed to stand there.
Articles, opinions and rants from an astrophysicist: Cosmic Journeys
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

spikenigma wrote:Can't remember who requested this

(from my AV card)

http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs36&d=05274&f=bl ... enigma.jpg

my loved ones are all safe

phones are down
Do you have one that quality with all the leaders?
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Tiger Ace
Jedi Knight

Post by Tiger Ace »

MRDOD wrote:Holy fuck. You wake up one morning and grab a book and you don't expect buses in fucking London to explode. It's just surreal.

My condolences to everyone who died- do we have confirmation that all SDN members are okay? I see quite a few are, but you have to make sure.
SDN roll call in OT.

Its Ace Pace.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Someone try and get a shot of the look on Putin's face. That was one fuckin' angry man.
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

I know this probably isn't very porbable, but how would the al-Qaeda respond if the EU did the unthinkable and quarantined/arrested all Muslims? Would it deter the AQ, or just make them even angrier?
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
Archaic`
Jedi Council Member

Post by Archaic` »

CaptainChewbacca wrote: Do you have one that quality with all the leaders?
Not quite that quality, but better than the one I posted earlier.
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

Peregrin Toker wrote:I know this probably isn't very porbable, but how would the al-Qaeda respond if the EU did the unthinkable and quarantined/arrested all Muslims? Would it deter the AQ, or just make them even angrier?
Erm I think it would piss them off a LOT!
"I'm personally against seeing my pictures and statues in the streets - but it's what the people want." - Saparmurat Niyazov
"I'm not good in groups. It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent." - Q
HAB Military Intelligence: Providing sexed-up dodgy dossiers for illegal invasions since 2003.