Major incident occuring on the London Underground.

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

Flagg wrote:
weemadando wrote:
Durandal wrote:*snip*
I'm sorry, but did I hear someone whining?

Paraguay is safe, so don't start dumping your currency holdings yet.

In the meantime, the Australian debate on whether or not to recommit troops to Afghanistan is as good as over and our troops in Iraq are likely to be reinforced. I can't see the WoT spreading, but I can sure as shit see it getting a shot in the arm.
What the fuck does Iraq have to do with Al Qaeda? Oh, that's right, nothing.
What about that Al-Zaquawi [I spelt his name wrong...] fellow? He is AQ isn't he?

Apparently the bus was not a tourist bus, it was the number 30 if that means anything to our London members.
"I'm personally against seeing my pictures and statues in the streets - but it's what the people want." - Saparmurat Niyazov
"I'm not good in groups. It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent." - Q
HAB Military Intelligence: Providing sexed-up dodgy dossiers for illegal invasions since 2003.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

ALI_G wrote:
Flagg wrote:
weemadando wrote: I'm sorry, but did I hear someone whining?

Paraguay is safe, so don't start dumping your currency holdings yet.

In the meantime, the Australian debate on whether or not to recommit troops to Afghanistan is as good as over and our troops in Iraq are likely to be reinforced. I can't see the WoT spreading, but I can sure as shit see it getting a shot in the arm.
What the fuck does Iraq have to do with Al Qaeda? Oh, that's right, nothing.
What about that Al-Zaquawi [I spelt his name wrong...] fellow? He is AQ isn't he?

Apparently the bus was not a tourist bus, it was the number 30 if that means anything to our London members.
The guy that had his leg amputated in Baghdad when saddam was in power, who was then magically given a new one in perfect working condition after the invasion?
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

weemadando wrote:
Peregrin Toker wrote:
ClaysGhost wrote: Eh? Isn't that the same order of daftness as arresting all Catholics to spite the IRA, or all the Protestants to annoy the UDA?
I just get the impression that Islam is a far more polarized religion than Christianity - there appears to be a lot of fundies and a few muslims-in-name-only, with only a few actual moderates.
I don't think I've ever met any muslim I wouldn't class as a moderate...

Most of them are happy enough with the basic "restrictions" of their religion and don't feel that they're lifestyles are that cramped by them.
How can you know that's not just a sham and they aren't either fundies at heart or those Muslims-in-name-only (MsINO) I mentioned? After all, the people found to be the 9/11 hijackers lived very Western lifestyles.
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Peregrin Toker wrote:
How can you know that's not just a sham and they aren't either fundies at heart or those Muslims-in-name-only (MsINO) I mentioned? After all, the people found to be the 9/11 hijackers lived very Western lifestyles.
How do I know that you aren't a card carrying KKK spam bot? :roll: fuckhead :roll:
kheegster
Jedi Council Member

Post by kheegster »

[quote="ALI_G"

Apparently the bus was not a tourist bus, it was the number 30 if that means anything to our London members.[/quote]

Yes. It's the bus I usually take to go into uni during term time. Moves from Marble Arch in the western end of Oxford St to Hackney in NE London. It does pass through King's Cross and Aldgate as well I think.
Articles, opinions and rants from an astrophysicist: Cosmic Journeys
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Thanks to Archaic...

Be afraid.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
kheegster
Jedi Council Member

Post by kheegster »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:Thanks to Archaic...

*snip*[/img]

Be afraid.
Who's the guy standing at the extreme right? He's TALL.
Articles, opinions and rants from an astrophysicist: Cosmic Journeys
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

They just showed images of the front of the BMA building that the bus blew up next to. It's literally painted in black blood from the blast. Fuuuuck.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

kheegan wrote:Sorry...make that several MILLION Muslims.
1.6 million.
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

kheegan wrote:

*snip*[/img]

Be afraid.
Isn't that the PM of Italy?
ImageImage
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:
kheegan wrote:

*snip*[/img]

Be afraid.
I don't think so ... could be President of Mexico?
"I'm personally against seeing my pictures and statues in the streets - but it's what the people want." - Saparmurat Niyazov
"I'm not good in groups. It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent." - Q
HAB Military Intelligence: Providing sexed-up dodgy dossiers for illegal invasions since 2003.
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

weemadando wrote:
Peregrin Toker wrote:
How do I know that you aren't a card carrying KKK spam bot? :roll: fuckhead :roll:

This gives me another idea... could the bombing perhaps be done by Neo-Nazis who then put out a false message claiming Al-Qaeda responsibility in order to boost xenophobia across Europe?
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

ABC News - World leaders condemn London blasts

Fuck me - thats a whole lot of condemnation - check out the link, everyone from NATO to Pope Benedict stating a willingness to kick arse and take names.
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

ALI_G wrote:
CaptainChewbacca wrote:
kheegan wrote: Who's the guy standing at the extreme right? He's TALL.
I don't think so ... could be President of Mexico?
Yup, that's Fox. Didn't realize he was so tall.
ImageImage
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Peregrin Toker wrote:
weemadando wrote:
Peregrin Toker wrote: I just get the impression that Islam is a far more polarized religion than Christianity - there appears to be a lot of fundies and a few muslims-in-name-only, with only a few actual moderates.
I don't think I've ever met any muslim I wouldn't class as a moderate...

Most of them are happy enough with the basic "restrictions" of their religion and don't feel that they're lifestyles are that cramped by them.
Hey, now here's an idea: How about after we round them all up, we put them in "decontamination rooms" and pump a bunch of gas in there to kill 'em?
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
AniThyng
Sith Devotee

Post by AniThyng »

Peregrin Toker wrote:
:?

Because if a significant majority of muslims are lunatic fringe mass murderers, not people who go to work to raise thier families but avoid pork and alcohol, and perhaps wear a headscarve, I'd never have lived long enough to try to comprehend this preposterous statement made on a internet webboard.
I do know how to spell
AniThyng is merely the name I gave to what became my favourite Baldur's Gate II mage character :P
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

My news channels are now saying that there were only 4 bombs, some bombs may have been suicide ones, and some guy who is not Al-Qaeda is now claiming responsibility too. (Al-Zsomething)

Are we getting new info or am I just listening to the wrong sources?
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

MRDOD wrote:My news channels are now saying that there were only 4 bombs, some bombs may have been suicide ones, and some guy who is not Al-Qaeda is now claiming responsibility too. (Al-Zsomething)

Are we getting new info or am I just listening to the wrong sources?
Nobody knows what the hell is going on right now. 4 or 7 or 10, no clue.
ImageImage
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

Muslim women warned to protect themselves from revenge attacks:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4660411.stm
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Apparently FBI officials have "leaked" to CNN that the Brits have confirmed 40 dead.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

ALI_G wrote:Muslim women warned to protect themselves from revenge attacks:

I would hope that ANYONE linked to a revenge attack would suffer some pretty hefty fucking penalties.
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

You reap what you sow.

Just like the UK's involvement in Iraq (and to a lesser extent Afganistan), the idiots responsible for these attrocious acts will also reap what they sowed.

My heartfelt condolences to all the victims and their families, and wish those injured a speedy recovery.
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

CaptainChewbacca wrote: Nobody knows what the hell is going on right now. 4 or 7 or 10, no clue.
That's reassuring. I've heard there were 4 bombs, but two trains were near eachother or collided or something and also people exited through 6 tunnels when wounded so it looked like there were more.
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

weemadando wrote:
ALI_G wrote:Muslim women warned to protect themselves from revenge attacks:

I would hope that ANYONE linked to a revenge attack would suffer some pretty hefty fucking penalties.
Well, in the US it'd be a hate crime. Does the UK have hate-crime laws?
ImageImage
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

weemadando wrote:Apparently FBI officials have "leaked" to CNN that the Brits have confirmed 40 dead.
Looks like Andrew Marr's statement that this would not be as bad as Omagh seems preety fucking stupid now.