Major incident occuring on the London Underground.

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

Yahoo! has the latest figures: 40 dead, 334 injured, including 120 who have been treated and released.
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

The one that really concerns me - I want to know what happened to the guy mentioned back on about page 5 - the poor bastard with the burns who was getting CPR as he came out of the ambulance. That image is going to stick with me for a long time to come.
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker
Location: Ulthwé Craftworld, plotting the downfall of the Imperium.

Post by Lord Zentei »

I just called my mom, and she managed to get through to my sister: she is OK.

I was more than a little worried since she lives right bloody next to Edgeware road station and I couldn't contact her. She claimed that the whole house shook and it was a minor miracle that the windows didn't shatter. Apparently she slept in today.
CotK <mew> | HAB | JL | MM | TTC | Cybertron

TAX THE CHURCHES! - Lord Zentei TTC Supreme Grand Prophet

And the LORD said, Let there be Bosons! Yea and let there be Bosoms too!
I'd rather be the great great grandson of a demon ninja than some jackass who grew potatos. -- Covenant
Dead cows don't fart. -- CJvR
...and I like strudel! :mrgreen: -- Asuka
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

45 KIA, 1000+ wounded, from Sky News Continiuous Feed
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Tiger Ace
Jedi Knight

Post by Tiger Ace »

Sky gives 1000+ wounded.
Useless geek posting above.

Its Ace Pace.
kheegster
Jedi Council Member

Post by kheegster »

Durandal wrote:Yahoo! has the latest figures: 40 dead, 334 injured, including 120 who have been treated and released.
The first body count I heard for Madrid was also around 40. Rest assured that it's going to go into 3 digits.
Articles, opinions and rants from an astrophysicist: Cosmic Journeys
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

Fuck me, a thousands injured?! The fatality rate is going to be huge... :cry:
"I'm personally against seeing my pictures and statues in the streets - but it's what the people want." - Saparmurat Niyazov
"I'm not good in groups. It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent." - Q
HAB Military Intelligence: Providing sexed-up dodgy dossiers for illegal invasions since 2003.
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

MKSheppard wrote:45 KIA, 1000+ wounded, from Sky News Continiuous Feed
Jesus Christ, over a thousand wounded? Any idea of the severity?
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
Tiger Ace
Jedi Knight

Post by Tiger Ace »

Listening to the Beeb radio now, their saying the hospital is releasing alot of the minor wounded. But ALOT are in intensive care.

Its Ace Pace.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

What really fucking impresses me is how the UK is playing it as "Business as usual", even to the extent that Blairs intended agenda is to come down to London, have a few briefings and meetings, then head straight back to the G8 meeting. The House of Commons is still sitting and the FTSE is staging one unbe-fucking-lievable holding action.

Kudos to the UK for not having any "undisclosed location" or "My Pet Goat" incidents.
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Durandal wrote:
I see roundabout 180 critical wounded.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Tiger Ace
Jedi Knight

Post by Tiger Ace »

weemadando wrote:What really fucking impresses me is how the UK is playing it as "Business as usual", even to the extent that Blairs intended agenda is to come down to London, have a few briefings and meetings, then head straight back to the G8 meeting. The House of Commons is still sitting and the FTSE is staging one unbe-fucking-lievable holding action.

Kudos to the UK for not having any "undisclosed location" or "My Pet Goat" incidents.
Whats the status on the markets? Way down or just dropping?

Its Ace Pace.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Tiger Ace wrote:Listening to the Beeb radio now, their saying the hospital is releasing alot of the minor wounded. But ALOT are in intensive care.
Well, when the Royal London was having multiple double decker bus loads of casualties coming in you can't really doubt that there are a shitload of injured.
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand
Location: In the Land of Logic and Reason, two doors down from Lilliput and across the road from Atlantis...

Post by Keevan_Colton »

weemadando wrote:What really fucking impresses me is how the UK is playing it as "Business as usual", even to the extent that Blairs intended agenda is to come down to London, have a few briefings and meetings, then head straight back to the G8 meeting. The House of Commons is still sitting and the FTSE is staging one unbe-fucking-lievable holding action.

To be honest, it is in a way business as usual...we've had terrorist attacks since the 70's, we're not going to let it phase us. The yanks often forget that terrorism didnt start in 2001.
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
"It's all about popularity really, if your invisible friend that tells you to invade places is called Napoleon, you're a loony, if he's called Jesus then you're the president."
"I'd drive more people insane, but I'd have to double back and pick them up first..."
"All it takes for bullshit to thrive is for rational men to do nothing." - Kevin Farrell, B.A. Journalism.
BOTM - EBC - Horseman - G&C - Vampire
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Tiger Ace wrote:

Dow down 50 now creeping up, oil going nuts. Bad, but not that bad.
ImageImage
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

The FTSE is currently down 114 points, which is not the end of the world.
"I'm personally against seeing my pictures and statues in the streets - but it's what the people want." - Saparmurat Niyazov
"I'm not good in groups. It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent." - Q
HAB Military Intelligence: Providing sexed-up dodgy dossiers for illegal invasions since 2003.
Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

I have yet to see anything about 40 deaths on BBC 24, hopefully that will soon be corrected.
EBC: Northeners, Huh! What are they good for?! Absolutely nothing! :P

Cybertron, Justice league...MM, HAB SDN City Watch: Sergeant Detritus

Days Unstabbed, Unabused, Unassualted and Unwavedatwithabutchersknife: 0
kheegster
Jedi Council Member

Post by kheegster »

Durandal wrote:
Unlike the Madrid bombings, we have blasts in underground tunnels. I'd expect a significant fraction of the casualties from smoke inhalation rather than directly through the blasts.
Articles, opinions and rants from an astrophysicist: Cosmic Journeys
Archaic`
Jedi Council Member

Post by Archaic` »

Slightly ironic note. BBC Radio Five Live is currently talking to Rudy Giuliani, who was apparently at Liverpool Station in London at the time of the first blast.
Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Tiger Ace wrote:
Worldwide in teh first few hours the markets and currencies were dropping in the whole percents...

FTSE 100 -126.20/5103.40

FTSE 250 -158.90/7338.00

FTSE ALLSHARE -61.43/2554.23

Not bad at all... Its climbing from what I can tell.
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Archaic` wrote:Slightly ironic note. BBC Radio Five Live is currently talking to Rudy Giuliani, who was apparently at Liverpool Station in London at the time of the first blast.
That man just can NOT get a break!
ImageImage
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Archaic` wrote:Slightly ironic note. BBC Radio Five Live is currently talking to Rudy Giuliani, who was apparently at Liverpool Station in London at the time of the first blast.
That man is a terror-magnet!
Archaic`
Jedi Council Member

Post by Archaic` »

I'm not sure who's got it worse. Rudy, or that guy Channel 7 were talking to earlier who was walking out of Kings Cross station at the time of the explosion, who had also been at Bali and had only left the Sari club 2 minutes before that went up in flames.
Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Fuck - watching the CNN finance ticker - you can see the DOW taking a giant header as it refreshes during its time onscreen. Everyone else seems to be dealing with it pretty well...
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

ITV are reporting at how people seem to be carrying on as normal. Maybe the spirit of the Blitz still lives on even after all these years?

Either way, there are sure to be many heroes that emerge from todays events.