Mind of mencia

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

lance
Jedi Master

Mind of mencia

Post by lance »

This show was pretty good. Much better than alot of the other crap that Comedy central has put on. The "Why the FUCK is This in the News" part was very funny.
Especialy when he put on what should have been in the news.
Ninja of the North
Youngling

Post by Ninja of the North »

I didn't think it was too bad. I liked the little psudo-Chappelle skit at the beginning.
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

It was fucking terrible. Easily one of the worst shows they've ever aired. About nine minutes into it, I just turned it off. Ooooh, you can make fun of Muslims. What incredible talent. :roll:
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
Xero Cool Down
Padawan Learner

Post by Xero Cool Down »

I don't want to watch it just from seeing the commercials advertising the show. He isn't funny, just fucking loud and annoying. He's like a George Lopez wannabe.
@( !.! )@
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Carlo Mencia's earlier stuff is pretty solid. I think the biggest problem with Comedy Central as of late is that they latch onto a comedian whose talent is stand up and try to build a show around them.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
That NOS Guy
Jedi Council Member

Post by That NOS Guy »

Xero Cool Down wrote:I don't want to watch it just from seeing the commercials advertising the show. He isn't funny, just fucking loud and annoying. He's like a George Lopez wannabe.
Except the fact that George Lopez can make you crack a smile once and awhile, Mencia is just an asshole who plays the race card too often.
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

That NOS Guy wrote:
Xero Cool Down wrote:I don't want to watch it just from seeing the commercials advertising the show. He isn't funny, just fucking loud and annoying. He's like a George Lopez wannabe.
Except the fact that George Lopez can make you crack a smile once and awhile, Mencia is just an asshole who plays the race card too often.
George Lopez's voice is annoying as fuck. Hell, George Lopez in general is annoying as fuck. Family Guy said it best in reference to Lopez's show. "That show only furthers the stereotype that George López is funny."
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
That NOS Guy
Jedi Council Member

Post by That NOS Guy »

Durandal wrote:
George Lopez's voice is annoying as fuck. Hell, George Lopez in general is annoying as fuck. Family Guy said it best in reference to Lopez's show. "That show only furthers the stereotype that George López is funny."
Didn't say the guy was George Carlon, just that he has a good crack occasionally. Operative word: Occasionally.
Death from the Sea
Sith Devotee

Post by Death from the Sea »

VF5SS wrote:Carlo Mencia's earlier stuff is pretty solid.
yeah it is, from the mid to late 90's, thoise stand up routines are so funny they make my cry everytime.
"War.... it's faaaaaantastic!" <--- Hot Shots:Part Duex
"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't care how fucking crazy they are!"~ Seth from Dusk Till Dawn
|BotM|Justice League's Lethal Protector
SeebianWurm
Padawan Learner

Post by SeebianWurm »

Just from the promotionals I knew I didn't want to see this show. Jokes about there being a lot of stupid people, and not couched in a funny way of saying it. Really gonna draw me in.

But as anyone who frequents the AIM chat knows, I am an adamant fan of Stella. It's so absurd I fucking love it.
[ Ye Olde Coked-Up Werewolf of the Late Knights ]

Fuck fish.