Major incident occuring on the London Underground.

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker
Location: Ulthwé Craftworld, plotting the downfall of the Imperium.

Post by Lord Zentei »

18-Till-I-Die wrote:I mean...i dont know, its that i get this feeling like 'The Secret Jihad of Al-Queda'? WTF? It seems made up like you know, almost mocking.

I have this image of some crazed supremacist militia in my head, laughing that off.

But yes you're right. Probably nothing, just a brain fart.
The dramatic nature of the title may be lost in translation. OTOH, these are fundamentalists. As we all know they have no taste, - hell they pepper their statements with "God is great", "God is merciful", Blah blah God" so much that it is a goddamn pain to sift through all of that crap. Why should the names of their organizations be any less overblown and corny?
CotK <mew> | HAB | JL | MM | TTC | Cybertron

TAX THE CHURCHES! - Lord Zentei TTC Supreme Grand Prophet

And the LORD said, Let there be Bosons! Yea and let there be Bosoms too!
I'd rather be the great great grandson of a demon ninja than some jackass who grew potatos. -- Covenant
Dead cows don't fart. -- CJvR
...and I like strudel! :mrgreen: -- Asuka
Techno_Union
Jedi Council Member

Post by Techno_Union »

My sympathies go out to those families of the victims and, of course, to all people of Great Britain. I hope it doesn't get worse. :(

... and this was a terrible way to wake up this morning.
Proud member of GALE Force.
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

Urghh, the police are saying at least 40 dead on the bus alone according to the BBC. Fucking terrorists. :x
"I'm personally against seeing my pictures and statues in the streets - but it's what the people want." - Saparmurat Niyazov
"I'm not good in groups. It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent." - Q
HAB Military Intelligence: Providing sexed-up dodgy dossiers for illegal invasions since 2003.
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Has there been confirmation of a suicide bombing on the bus or was it a package left unattended?
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker

Post by Lord Zentei »

ALI_G wrote:Urghh, the police are saying at least 40 dead on the bus alone according to the BBC. Fucking terrorists. :x
Damn. And the number of fatalities will no doubt rise due to some of the wounded not making it.

I'd rather be the great great grandson of a demon ninja than some jackass who grew potatos. -- Covenant
irishmick79
Rabid Monkey

Post by irishmick79 »

18-Till-I-Die wrote:I mean...i dont know, its that i get this feeling like 'The Secret Jihad of Al-Queda'? WTF? It seems made up like you know, almost mocking.

I have this image of some crazed supremacist militia in my head, laughing that off.

But yes you're right. Probably nothing, just a brain fart.
I thought the same thing. When I first heard the news, I immediately thought that it was an IRA attack. It seems like British Intelligence are hedging their bets on whom to accuse right now, so maybe this is indeed a BS claim of responsibility.
"A country without a Czar is like a village without an idiot."
- Old Russian Saying
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

Here's the story from the BBC about the group claiming responsibility.
BBC wrote:Statement claiming London attacks
The BBC has located an Islamist website that has published a 200-word statement issued by an organisation saying it carried out the London bombings.
The organisation calls itself the Secret Organisation Group of al-Qaeda [literally the base] of Jihad Organisation in Europe.

The group is previously unknown.

The website has previously carried statements purporting to be from al-Qaeda. It is not possible to verify such claims published on the web.

This is the full text of the statement.

In the name of God, the merciful, the compassionate, may peace be upon the cheerful one and undaunted fighter, Prophet Muhammad, God's peace be upon him.

Nation of Islam and Arab nation: Rejoice for it is time to take revenge against the British Zionist Crusader government in retaliation for the massacres Britain is committing in Iraq and Afghanistan. The heroic mujahideen have carried out a blessed raid in London. Britain is now burning with fear, terror and panic in its northern, southern, eastern, and western quarters.

We have repeatedly warned the British Government and people. We have fulfilled our promise and carried out our blessed military raid in Britain after our mujahideen exerted strenuous efforts over a long period of time to ensure the success of the raid.

We continue to warn the governments of Denmark and Italy and all the Crusader governments that they will be punished in the same way if they do not withdraw their troops from Iraq and Afghanistan. He who warns is excused.

God says: "You who believe: If ye will aid (the cause of) Allah, He will aid you, and plant your feet firmly."
Remember everyone, Islam is a religion of peace ... mmmmmkay?
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

Keevan posted that statement hours ago from WikiNews, but yes, it does speak volumes on their religion and its power over some, even if most Muslims are benign. That's assuming this is the group responsible.
Glocksman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Glocksman »

My sympathies for the victims and my hope that the UK government finds the murderers.
I'm sure the SAS would just love to get the bastards. :evil:
"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."- General Sir Charles Napier

Oderint dum metuant
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

Never mind the SAS, any Englishman would love to get their hands on them. :evil:
"I'm personally against seeing my pictures and statues in the streets - but it's what the people want." - Saparmurat Niyazov
"I'm not good in groups. It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent." - Q
HAB Military Intelligence: Providing sexed-up dodgy dossiers for illegal invasions since 2003.
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

According to ABC, due to Arabic Translation difficulties, the Al-Qaeda of Jihad in Europe behind this may not even be the same Al-Qaeda that comes from 9/11.
Since it means "The Base of the Jihad In Europe", there are supposedly several Al-Qaeda of Jihad in Europes, and ABC believes the one makign this claim may have made other untrue claims before.

To sum up, nobody has any clue who we need to shoot at yet because an organization named exactly like other organizations that may or may nor be bullshitting has claimed the bombings. Hopefully there'll be a clearup in our intelligence tomorrow.
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

There's not been any terror or fear anywhere, they've just made a load of people sad and pissed off.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
speaker-to-trolls
Jedi Master

Post by speaker-to-trolls »

I find it bitterly ironic that they refer to god as 'the all merciful, the all compassionate' after they've killed dozens of people. I mean, if they believe that God is like that, and that they are working with his approval, just what the hell do the words 'merciful' and 'compassionate', mean in their happy islamic lalaland?.
Post Number 1066 achieved Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:19 pm(board time, 8:19GMT)
Batman: What do these guys want anyway?
Superman: Take over the world... Or rob banks, I'm not sure.
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

speaker-to-trolls wrote:I find it bitterly ironic that they refer to god as 'the all merciful, the all compassionate' after they've killed dozens of people. I mean, if they believe that God is like that, and that they are working with his approval, just what the hell do the words 'merciful' and 'compassionate', mean in their happy islamic lalaland?.
The same as they do for the Christian Old Testament God's. Merciful means "Merciful towards believers". Compassionate means "Smiting all who oppose him."
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

MRDOD wrote:According to ABC, due to Arabic Translation difficulties, the Al-Qaeda of Jihad in Europe behind this may not even be the same Al-Qaeda that comes from 9/11.
Since it means "The Base of the Jihad In Europe", there are supposedly several Al-Qaeda of Jihad in Europes, and ABC believes the one makign this claim may have made other untrue claims before.

To sum up, nobody has any clue who we need to shoot at yet because an organization named exactly like other organizations that may or may nor be bullshitting has claimed the bombings. Hopefully there'll be a clearup in our intelligence tomorrow.
So... Al-Qaeda is just as fractured as the Ku Klux Klan?
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker

Post by Lord Zentei »

Peregrin Toker wrote:
MRDOD wrote:According to ABC, due to Arabic Translation difficulties, the Al-Qaeda of Jihad in Europe behind this may not even be the same Al-Qaeda that comes from 9/11.

"Al Quaeda" has become more of an ideology and a rallying call than an actual network. Any asshole islamofacist with a grudge can claim to be a part of it.

Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Peregrin Toker wrote: So... Al-Qaeda is just as fractured as the Ku Klux Klan?
I don't know, I wasn't listening half as hard as I should avhe to the lady talking about it on ABC.

Either Al-Qaeda is so compartmentalized into cells they compete for claims and don't operate together, or Al-Qaeda is a common enough name for terrorist organizations that several irrelated one share it.

Either way it still means it'll be hard sorting through all of them to find the perpetrators.
Lord of the Abyss
Village Idiot

Post by Lord of the Abyss »

Rye wrote:There's not been any terror or fear anywhere, they've just made a load of people sad and pissed off.
That's a big difference between political and religous terrorism. The politicals are trying to manipulate people, so they try to make people more afraid than angry. Religious fanatics are trying to impress God/Allah/whatever, not people. They don't worry that much about the real effects of their actions.
Peregrin Toker wrote:So... Al-Qaeda is just as fractured as the Ku Klux Klan?
I've heard some claims that "Al-Qaeda" is really more of a terrorist brand name or even a myth, not a real organization.
Glimmervoid
Jedi Master
Location: Some were in the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm.

Post by Glimmervoid »

Peregrin Toker wrote:

There was a radio program I was listening too and they were interviewing an army major who runs a website called {First name that I can’t remembers} armies.
Any ways he was saying that Al-Qaeda dose not do direct terrorism any more but acts more as a consultant. They will give funds, training, adviser etc to there afflicted groups (which is what the Europe group is meant to be) and general be the “god fathers” of terrorism.

Al-Qaeda is not and I will repeat NOT a world spanning organization with tentacles going down to the lowest levels.
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

ugh, the first conspirancy theorists are starting to bitch also :x
Glimmervoid
Jedi Master

Post by Glimmervoid »

wautd wrote:ugh, the first conspirancy theorists are starting to bitch also :x
That is not a conspiracy theory.
Glimmervoid
Jedi Master

Post by Glimmervoid »

Sorry meant to add.

I was just saying what he said. Also there is not conspiracy there. The group is not called Al-Qaeda(it is called Al-Qaeda of some thing something or some thing like that)
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

Bastards.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Any info on our beloved brat?

I know she takes the tube to work/post grad school most days...

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:Any info on our beloved brat?

I know she takes the tube to work/post grad school most days...
IB's fine, thankfully. She started a thread in OT.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth