The Onomastikon is Down...

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Junghalli
Sith Acolyte

The Onomastikon is Down...

Post by Junghalli »

Kate Monk's Onomastikon is down. Can anyone direct me to a similar site, I can't think of a name for a character?
Junghalli
Sith Acolyte

Post by Junghalli »

Nothing?
Google doesn't turn up anything useful. I hope it gets fixed soon or else I'm back to the bad old days of picking foreign names out of the New York Times.
Well, I learned my lesson. From now on whenever I find a massively useful website I'm going to save it on my computer.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

I take it this is some sort of name generator?
JADAFETWA
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

No, it's a list of names and naming guidelines for, well, most of the world's cultures.

This, of course, is why I downloaded it long ago. :twisted:
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Online web archive maybe?

Or you could really nicely ask Steve to send you a copy.
Setesh
Jedi Master

Post by Setesh »

Steve wrote:No, it's a list of names and naming guidelines for, well, most of the world's cultures.

This, of course, is why I downloaded it long ago. :twisted:
Explains why I never heard of it, my 'Writers Digest' subscription has led me to buying several of their more interesting books namely

'The writers digest: Character Naming Sourcebook' 'The Eastern Character Naming Sourcebook' ect.

I have quite the oddball list of sources for names. Even the differances between english/welsh, german/teutonic, ect
"Nobody ever inferred from the multiple infirmities of Windows that Bill Gates was infinitely benevolent, omniscient, and able to fix everything. " Argument against god's perfection.

My Snow's art portfolio.