What's on your desktop?

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Glocksman
Emperor's Hand

What's on your desktop?

Post by Glocksman »

I found some matchbox diecast aircraft models on clearance at Target and set them on top of my PC speakers.

They don't look bad for $6 each.

EDIT: Added pics of other models

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."- General Sir Charles Napier

Oderint dum metuant
gizmojumpjet
Padawan Learner

Post by gizmojumpjet »

I have one of these on my work desk and get a lot of comments on it.

I tried to buy an R2-D2 pen holder (because R2D2 rules all) welded out of scrap metal off of Ebay, but kept losing the auction. :(

Thanks for reminding me that I need to check if the seller has any more available!
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

K'plah!

To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Caius
Padawan Learner

Post by Caius »

My sister and I cut out faces from newspapers and magazines and tape them around the monitor screen. Our favorite right now is John Malkovich. lol. Don't ask why, he just rules.

It's a strange practice but it amuses us. like when we glued a boys head on a dog's body and stuck that on. Brilliance. lol
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

Two monitors, two keyboards, two mice and a couple of bionicles.
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

I have no desktop, but I sometimes catch my cat Artie sleeping on my laptop.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Dillon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Dillon »

I have you now!

Hasta la Vista, baby. 8)
Lord Woodlouse
Mister Zaia

Post by Lord Woodlouse »

Image[/list]
Check out TREKWARS (not involving furries!)

EVIL BRIT CONSPIRACY: Son of York; bringing glorious summer to the winter of your discontent.

KNIGHTS ASTRUM CLADES: I am a holy knight! Or something rhyming with knight, anyway...
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

[Basil Brush] Hah hah hah! Boom boom! [/Basil Brush]
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

All my Lego Star Wars stuff is on the desk. TIE Fighter, TIE Bomber, Droid fighter, X-Wing, N-1 collector's edition, Geonosian fighter, and Jedi Starfighter. Picture of my ex-girlfriend, crapton of writing stuff...and my thesaurus.
Stanley Hauerwas wrote:[W]hy is it that no one is angry at the inequality of income in this country? I mean, the inequality of income is unbelievable. Unbelievable. Why isn’t that ever an issue of politics? Because you don’t live in a democracy. You live in a plutocracy. Money rules.
BattleTech for SilCore
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

On this one?

All my art supplies... gouache, acrylics, watercolor assortments, brushes, paper, Sculpey, Super Sculpey, duct tape, packing tape, multiliner pens, toilet paper, sewing needles, pins, 3 sizes of metal ruler, the book Paradise Lost, my marker assortment, my deoderant, plaster of paris mixing ratio recipe, aluminum wire, and the soundtrack to Charlie and the Chocolate factory.

... and a work-in-progress full-size sculpture of a person :wink:
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

I apologise for the graininess on some of these pictures. I could only use the flash on the first one.

First of all, an overview of the desk, showing where everything is:

Top of the monitor, showing my webcam, Star Wars Buddies Jawa, and stuffed toy versions of the Aichi, Japan Expo 2005 mascots:

On the right side of the desk, my PC speaker remote control and Last Exile mousepad, which came with the first DVD and series box:

On top of the right surround speaker, a somewhat blurry image of RotS actions figures of Darth Vader and post-fall Anakin Skywalker, wearing the Wormie Hat from a PotF2 Luke figure:

Behind the right surround speaker, my Rei and Asuka school desk figures made by Sega, facing out toward the room, mainly because I couldn't find a good spot where they could face me:

On the left side of the desk, my Beatles Yellow Submarine coaster, which my mother got when she was in Liverpool:

On top of the left surround speaker, my RotS Aayla Secura action figure, which due to her flimsy knees, is kind of a pain in the ass to both pose and keep from tipping over:

And finally, on the base of the lamp behind the left surround speaker, are my Rei trading figure and TPM Jar Jar Binks action figure:
Last edited by Spanky The Dolphin on 2005-07-16 01:13am, edited 1 time in total.
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

ViewSonic monitor, several speakers, black Microsoft keyboard, Microsoft ForceFeedback joystick, black CompUSA mousepad, older Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0A (optical, wired), Caller ID thingie, Simpsons day calendar, salt, Soldat hat, vitamins, calcium tablets, old meds, misc papers, Ti-83+ calculator, mechanical pencils, ballpoint pen, wallet, a couple 3.5" floppies, a shitload of CDs and CD cases, digital camera, keychain, a ton of D&D dice, change, and some other misc crap.
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

My harmonica
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Lord Woodlouse
Mister Zaia

Post by Lord Woodlouse »

Ford Prefect wrote:[Basil Brush] Hah hah hah! Boom boom! [/Basil Brush]
Basil is the biggest argument against foxhunting that ever existed. :P
Check out TREKWARS (not involving furries!)

EVIL BRIT CONSPIRACY: Son of York; bringing glorious summer to the winter of your discontent.

KNIGHTS ASTRUM CLADES: I am a holy knight! Or something rhyming with knight, anyway...
Losonti Tokash
Sith Devotee

Post by Losonti Tokash »

A lot of trash, a lot of paperwork, and a half-finished model of an F/A-22.
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

A BK Vader and a 10 inch Superman in the box and a 10 in Batman in the box. A Falcon and a few transformers
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

A 7in statue of Thoth. The ibis headed version.

Sorry, can't provide a picture, my camera isn't working at the moment.
The Gentleman from Texas abstains. Discourteously.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
"WHO POOPED IN A NORMAL ROOM?!"-Commander William T. Riker
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

Glocksman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Glocksman »

Dalton wrote:K'plah!
That's beautiful.
I've always thought the Klingon logo was cool.

Maybe I need to find a D-7 model or two. 8)
"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."- General Sir Charles Napier

Oderint dum metuant
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

A model TIE fighter on the desktop box, and a TIE bomber on the subwoofer. They're only there because I was cleaning my shelves and never bothered to put 'em back.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
A Big Flying Fish
Jedi Knight

Post by A Big Flying Fish »

An increasingly large pile of books, CD cases, cups and, worst of all, hankeys, many, many hankeys. Mostly used. Sharing a computer has it's disadvantages.
Dwarf Obsessive. There's just something about short barrel-chested people with a penchent for axes and beards.
El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

Post by El Moose Monstero »

Not very exciting, but going left to right:

- A USA flag puzzle coaster thingy the folks gave me as a going to Oregon present
- Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds
- A cricket ball which belonged to dad for years before I pinched and it has done about as many miles as I have.
- A lump of rock salt from Cheshire Salt Mines and a lump of obsidian from eBay.
- A bottle opener from a luau in Hawaii
- A purple painted toy moose whichwas a present from somebody for a secret santa and a glass with purple moose monster written on it which was a present from another friend as a going to university thing.

Additional objects are a gin and tonic and a slice of a geode/thunder-egg thing which also serves as a drinks mat, my laptop, chapter 4 from my moose story and a mobile phone.
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie
Xero Cool Down
Padawan Learner

Post by Xero Cool Down »

Uraniun235 wrote:*snip pic*

:shock: ooooooooooo ahhhhhhhhhhh
@( !.! )@
Chmee
Sith Marauder

Post by Chmee »

G-man's pictures take me back to a childhood bedroom where I used fishing leader to suspend from the ceiling a B-17 being pursued by a pair of 109-G's, who were being pursued in turn by a pair of P-51D's .... everything except the Mustangs had incurred a little lighter-fluid battle damage before mounting.

If there were just a better 'invisible' means of suspending the models in air, that would still look cool today above my computer desk ... of course all the models are long gone.
[img=right]http://www.tallguyz.com/imagelib/chmeesig.jpg[/img]My guess might be excellent or it might be crummy, but
Mrs. Spade didn't raise any children dippy enough to
make guesses in front of a district attorney,
an assistant district attorney, and a stenographer

Sam Spade, "The Maltese Falcon"

Operation Freedom Fry