Check this out

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Xero Cool Down
Padawan Learner

Check this out

Post by Xero Cool Down »

linky

Check out the Acclamator (sp?) infront of the Eclipse. I wonder if this was drawn before or after SW II?
@( !.! )@
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

It was drawn after.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Quadlok
Rabid Monkey

Post by Quadlok »

I've got that edition of Dark Empire, it has a copyright date of 2003.
Watch out, here comes a Spiderpig!

HAB, BOTM
Xero Cool Down
Padawan Learner

Post by Xero Cool Down »

Quadlok wrote:I've got that edition of Dark Empire, it has a copyright date of 2003.

I know they reprinted the book, but did they actually change the artwork? Or just the concept pieces in the back?
@( !.! )@
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

What do you mean by "change the artwork"? Looks like just a new cover, a BAD new cover specifically.

Jesus, that's ass ugly. What the hell was wrong with the original Dorman cover to change it to this crap?
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Re: Check this out

Post by Jason von Evil »

Xero Cool Down wrote:linky

Check out the Acclamator (sp?) infront of the Eclipse. I wonder if this was drawn before or after SW II?
Palpatine: Comeon, give your Sith master a hug!

Seriously, they could have made Palpatine and Luke look less retarded. :P
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Palpatine telling a fishing story.
*Snicker* :P

And what class is the rounded one on top? I've never seen an Imperial vessel like that before.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Techno_Union
Jedi Council Member

Post by Techno_Union »

The ventral side looks like an Acclamator, but the dorsal side is some other ship.

And I don't think the cover's that bad... ok I just like the Eclipse and the World Devastators.
Proud member of GALE Force.
Old Plympto
Jedi Master

Post by Old Plympto »

Yeesh. This is the first time I'm looking at this close up. I prefer the old Dorman cover with the violet background. I don't think this artist is used to painting SW ships.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

The one up on top looks more like a boat than a starship.

Most of those ships in general are too soft featured to even bother trying to figure out if any of them are a new class or not. It's just horrible, pure and simple.
Last edited by Spanky The Dolphin on 2005-07-20 10:37pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Meh. I think Luke looks cool, though his lightsabre is retarded. The original cover is better, though.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Post by Sidewinder »

Two important changes should be made:

1) Give Luke a look of fierce determination-- something that says, "Don't fuck with me,"-- instead of a bland look, like he's in a waiting room, seeing no magazines that interest him, and is just sitting around.

2) Have Force lightning coming out of Sidious' fingers, so he doesn't look like Grandpa offering his grandkids a hug.

Better yet, make it show Luke stand over a defeated Sidious, with a look that says, "You die now, motherfucker," while Sidious is hiding a lightsaber behind his back, ready to take Luke by surprise. I know this didn't happen in the comics, but come on! Wouldn't that look badass?
Please do not make Americans fight giant monsters.

Those gun nuts do not understand the meaning of "overkill," and will simply use weapon after weapon of mass destruction (WMD) until the monster is dead, or until they run out of weapons.

They have more WMD than there are monsters for us to fight. (More insanity here.)
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

Noble Ire wrote:And what class is the rounded one on top? I've never seen an Imperial vessel like that before.
It almost looks like a MonCal ship of some sort :? . And what's with the spiky Corvette-head poking out from behind Pappy Palpy's robes? And...and...oh, hell, Spanky's right. The ships are horribly drawn.
Stanley Hauerwas wrote:[W]hy is it that no one is angry at the inequality of income in this country? I mean, the inequality of income is unbelievable. Unbelievable. Why isn’t that ever an issue of politics? Because you don’t live in a democracy. You live in a plutocracy. Money rules.
BattleTech for SilCore
DoctorPhanan
Youngling

Post by DoctorPhanan »

Sidewinder wrote:Better yet, make it show Luke stand over a defeated Sidious, with a look that says, "You die now, motherfucker," while Sidious is hiding a lightsaber behind his back, ready to take Luke by surprise. I know this didn't happen in the comics, but come on! Wouldn't that look badass?
Better yet, add ninjas, and yoda and maybe even a dragon. :lol:

I think that the cloak that Luke is wearing, is a bit... pointy. It looks like something Dracula would wear. The Corvette by Palpatine's knees looks... interesting. I had no idea that there were spikes on the bridge.

Edit: The dark beat me to the corvette.
The Jazz Intern
Padawan Learner

Post by The Jazz Intern »

Hey, you can see a discarded design in the back: The feirce Momma devastator! (thats it's real name) But seriously, I think both covers are equal.
WWDD What would dogbert do?
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Sidewinder wrote:Two important changes should be made:

1) Give Luke a look of fierce determination-- something that says, "Don't fuck with me,"-- instead of a bland look, like he's in a waiting room, seeing no magazines that interest him, and is just sitting around.

2) Have Force lightning coming out of Sidious' fingers, so he doesn't look like Grandpa offering his grandkids a hug.

Better yet, make it show Luke stand over a defeated Sidious, with a look that says, "You die now, motherfucker," while Sidious is hiding a lightsaber behind his back, ready to take Luke by surprise. I know this didn't happen in the comics, but come on! Wouldn't that look badass?
No.
KhyronTheBackstabber
Jedi Council Member

Post by KhyronTheBackstabber »

The Dark wrote: And what's with the spiky Corvette-head poking out from behind Pappy Palpy's robes?
That's no Corvette. It's a Mobquet Medium Transport, like the "Starlight Intruder"
MM's Zentraedi Warlord/CF's Original Predacon/JL's Mad Titan