Return of The Art Thread + Advanced Version +

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Pick
Sith Marauder

Return of The Art Thread + Advanced Version +

Post by Pick »

Doop de doo! I guess I decided to put up some more stuff here. :wink:

Mild Nudity!

I wanted to see if I could do less line-defined work, and some of what I call "driveby shading" :P. It was a very fast piece in markers and white ink. Though I still like outlined pictures, it's very good to be able to work in a different way.

... :lol: I watched an oooold video the other day about Loch Ness monsters I used to watch when I was really little. I don't really know why I did it, but anyway, I decided to draw two of the antagonists. They were kind of lame, but it was one of those really sappy, sugary cartoons so I suppose it would be expected. Same kind of marker, white ink, and this time some multiliners for the outlining. I still can't believe I did this picture :lol: So lame. :lol:
Last edited by Pick on 2005-07-28 06:59am, edited 7 times in total.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Lame or not, I still think it's rather amazing that you have this kind of talent.

Both of them look great, Pick. :)
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

You are a fucking spectacular artist. I love the first piece.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

I agree, you are so good and should stop beng so critical of your work :) Just be proud sweetheart :) *hugs* I love the first one as well, the second one is just cute to me :D
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Beautiful work you've got there.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Nice Study art in college, damnit! work, honey. :D
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Absolutely fantastic work you have going there. :D
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Damnit! Thats good. *adds Pick to the top of the "artists to recruit" list*
Vicious
Jedi Knight

Post by Vicious »

Wow. That first one is just amazing. The second one is just too cute. Seriously, those rock. You are definately a top-notch artist.
MFS Angry Wookiee - PRFYNAFBTFC

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." -Richard Dawkins
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Those make my own artisitics abilities seem even more abyssmal. :(

Very, very nice work.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

Most impressive.

The Jazz Intern
Padawan Learner

Post by The Jazz Intern »

Very, Very cool. I wish i could draw... stickmen :cry: ... But seriously, sweet!
WWDD What would dogbert do?
Tiger Ace
Jedi Knight

Post by Tiger Ace »

Awesome :!:
Useless geek posting above.

Its Ace Pace.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Update!

Post by Pick »

Thanks, everybody, for your kind words! I really appreciate it :luv:!

As not to leave you bored, here's another I just finished:

Same markers as usual, same multiliners, ... same everything. :lol:

When/if I put the background in, the weird pose will be much more understandable in context (though I did make a couple really bad careless anatomy errors since I was trying to be 'dynamic' and lost some sense.) For the most part though, I just wanted to try out my new earth tone marker colors!
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Hey, a lady! ;)

I recall I once told you that you were almost pro level, if not already. That's still true. Wow, Pick, just wow...

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

Would you accept commissions?
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote:Would you accept commissions?
Absolutely, in fact, I've been eagerly looking out for some! I'd have put information up here, but I think there's a rule against advertising on the board...
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

Pick wrote:
Absolutely, in fact, I've been eagerly looking out for some! I'd have put information up here, but I think there's a rule against advertising on the board...
PM me with some sort of ICQ/YIM/AIM contact info, then, please, as I like relating these things in real-time.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Amazing Pick, just simply amazing.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Yeah, I might have to hit you up for some commissions too, eventually. :)

Dooey Jo
Sith Devotee

Post by Dooey Jo »

Pick, I must say that I think that you are simply amazingly talented! The rain-girl in your first post is so utterly beautiful, and just the concept of a girl being made out of rain shows of a level of creativity I have not seen even in some professional artists. And I also love the colours in that picture! I couldn't achieve that effect even if I spent forever with Photoshop trying...

But yeah, surely you must recognise your own talent, so I'll cease with the grovelling :)

How long does it take for you to draw and colour pictures like the ones you've posted in this thread?
"Nippon ichi, bitches! Boing-boing."
Mai smote the demonic fires of heck...

Faker Ninjas invented ninjitsu
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Actually come to think of it, that rain one would look awesome in my bathroom! *hint hint* ;)
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Noble Ire wrote:Those make my own artisitics abilities seem even more abyssmal. :(
*frowns* That's a rather self-serving way to compliment someone, don't you think?
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Dooey Jo wrote: How long does it take for you to draw and colour pictures like the ones you've posted in this thread?
Well, I'm not sure about the rain lady and the two monsters, but I was chatting on AIM with someone as I did the dragon-lady (not talking to them MUCH, granted) and checking the time logs on that conversation, I was working on that piece for about seven hours.

Thanks again, everyone!
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Pick wrote:
The Duchess of Zeon wrote:Would you accept commissions?
Only for people who are here ONLY to advertise. I don't see the harm in putting up some info.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.