Cage Match: 7of9 vs. Buffy

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Xero Cool Down
Padawan Learner

Cage Match: 7of9 vs. Buffy

Post by Xero Cool Down »

Inspired by this thread

Buffy gets a stake, 7 gets her nanoprobes. Let's get it on!
@( !.! )@
Xero Cool Down
Padawan Learner

Post by Xero Cool Down »

I guess this isn't SWvsST. hmmmm fantasy maybe?
@( !.! )@
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Indeed.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

I give it to Buffy. From what I know of the borg, they may be strong, but they are not that fast, Buffy is.

And why bother giving them weapons, we've already seen 7 of 9 in a hand-to-hand combat situation in that episode where she got her ass kicked by an Alien!The Rock.
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Which season of Buffy are we talking here? Season 1 & 2 she's not -that- much stronger than a regular human, but 5+ she gets to be. . .well, let's say Seven wouldn't stand much of a chance.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
sparrowtm
Youngling

Post by sparrowtm »

7 of 9 seems to have the same level of close-combat knowledge as her fellow Starfleet officers. Since that level equals "any blind tortoise with athritis can kill me easily", Buffy won't have any problems staking the Borg-bugger.
"Never trust a grinning horse. It is always planning something." --- Terry Pratchett
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Re: Cage Match: 7of9 vs. Buffy

Post by Jason von Evil »

Xero Cool Down wrote:Inspired by this thread

Oh they will, they will. 8)
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
Glimmervoid
Jedi Master
Location: Some were in the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm.

Post by Glimmervoid »

I give it to Buffy. Buffy seems to have the upper hand in strength (correct me if am a wrong) and she is also trained in close combat unlike 7 of 9.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Glimmervoid wrote:I give it to Buffy. Buffy seems to have the upper hand in strength (correct me if am a wrong) and she is also trained in close combat unlike 7 of 9.
7 actually did receive close combat training, but that wasn't til much later in Voyager, iirc. I'd quote the episode name and number, but I haven't watched Voyager in . . .well, awhile. It was the episode with The Rock where she and Chakotay were kidnapped and forced to fight in a gladiatorial style event.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
THEHOOLIGANJEDI
Jedi Council Member

Post by THEHOOLIGANJEDI »

General Zod wrote:
Glimmervoid wrote:I give it to Buffy. Buffy seems to have the upper hand in strength (correct me if am a wrong) and she is also trained in close combat unlike 7 of 9.
7 actually did receive close combat training, but that wasn't til much later in Voyager, iirc. I'd quote the episode name and number, but I haven't watched Voyager in . . .well, awhile. It was the episode with The Rock where she and Chakotay were kidnapped and forced to fight in a gladiatorial style event.
It was Tuvok.

Oh and Buffy wins with ease.
Stupid risks are what make life worth living.-Homer Simpson

-PC Load Letter?! What the Fuck does that mean!?!?!- Micheal Bolton
-Bullshit! I'll bet you can suck a golf ball through a garden hose! - Sgt. Hartman
-I'll bet your the kind of guy who would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the Goddamn common courtesy to give him a reacharound!- Sgt. Hartman
THEHOOLIGANJEDI
Jedi Council Member

Re: Cage Match: 7of9 vs. Buffy

Post by THEHOOLIGANJEDI »

Jason von Evil wrote:
Xero Cool Down wrote:Inspired by this thread

Oh they will, they will. 8)
I was waiting for that. 8) :D
Stupid risks are what make life worth living.-Homer Simpson

-PC Load Letter?! What the Fuck does that mean!?!?!- Micheal Bolton
-Bullshit! I'll bet you can suck a golf ball through a garden hose! - Sgt. Hartman
-I'll bet your the kind of guy who would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the Goddamn common courtesy to give him a reacharound!- Sgt. Hartman
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

It was the episode with The Rock where she and Chakotay were kidnapped and forced to fight in a gladiatorial style event.
Tsunkatse
Pendragon
Padawan Learner

Post by Pendragon »

Cage fight? They should be mudwrestling!
"Perfect. It's everything a girl could hope for: Expensive, explosive and phallic."
- Critical Maas
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Does Buffy know about the Nanoprobe's and know to avoid Seven's mechanical-hand.

If so, buffy beats the living tar out of Seven in a way that makes a WWE Hell in the Cell match look tame

If not, Seven has a chance, abiet not much of one.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Solauren wrote:Does Buffy know about the Nanoprobe's and know to avoid Seven's mechanical-hand.

If so, buffy beats the living tar out of Seven in a way that makes a WWE Hell in the Cell match look tame

If not, Seven has a chance, abiet not much of one.
More importantly, does Seven know how strong Buffy is? If not, then she's likely to vastly underestimate Buffy's strength and agility. I don't think Seven's nanoprobes would be of much use against that.
The Guid
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Guid »

I can't help but feel that a close combat expert who spends her entire life fighting super strong blood sucking types is going to deal with someone who sees close combat very very rarely.
Self declared winner of The Posedown Thread
EBC - "What? What?" "Tally Ho!" Division
I wrote this:The British Avengers fanfiction

"Yeah, funny how that works - you giving hungry people food they vote for you. You give homeless people shelter they vote for you. You give the unemployed a job they vote for you.

Maybe if the conservative ideology put a roof overhead, food on the table, and employed the downtrodden the poor folk would be all for it, too". - Broomstick
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

The Guid wrote:I can't help but feel that a close combat expert who spends her entire life fighting super strong blood sucking types is going to deal with someone who sees close combat very very rarely.
. . . .care to rephrase that in coherent English? So that it makes sense? I'm trying to make heads or tails of it and. . .well, failing badly.
ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey
Location: Born and raised in Brooklyn, unfornately presently in Jersey

Post by ArmorPierce »

That show where her and tuvok were captured seemed to suggest that 7 of 9 was stronger than vulcans. How strong are vulcans and how much stronger is buffy than an normal human?
Brotherhood of the Monkey @( !.! )@
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
Exalted_Leader
Redshirt

Post by Exalted_Leader »

In the first episode of the series, Buffy made a leap while standing in place that cleared a fence gate that was at least 10' in height (and not just marginally). She's also torn-off her fair share of car doors (and regularly goes toe-to-toe with demons who can do much more than that).

I don't recall Seven demonstrating any such feats of raw strength (post-borg, anyway).
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Buffy also handles the Troll-God hammer like it was made of plastic, meanwhile, the thing is dense and heavy enough it collapsed a display case that can hold an old heavy register.

Using said hammer, she swung it with enough force to hurt a being that shrugged off being his by a speeding semi-truck.

Unless Seven gets in a very lucky nanoprobe injection, she's spare parts
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

ArmorPierce wrote:That show where her and tuvok were captured seemed to suggest that 7 of 9 was stronger than vulcans. How strong are vulcans and how much stronger is buffy than an normal human?
Vulcans seem to be 2 or 3 times stronger than the average human, though I can't recall any actual measurements given out. In a ToS episode, whose name I'm forgetting at the moment, (it's the one where Spock and the rest of the crew gets infected by alien happy spores) Kirk had to use a metal pipe in order to knock an enraged Spock unconscious, while his fists and legs weren't doing much in the way of actual damage.
Pendragon
Padawan Learner

Post by Pendragon »

Solauren wrote:Buffy also handles the Troll-God hammer like it was made of plastic, meanwhile, the thing is dense and heavy enough it collapsed a display case that can hold an old heavy register.

Using said hammer, she swung it with enough force to hurt a being that shrugged off being his by a speeding semi-truck.

Unless Seven gets in a very lucky nanoprobe injection, she's spare parts
According to the RPG at least, the hammer amplifies the strength of the weilder. Glory was also in a weakened state because of the Dagon sphere.

As far as I remember, she didnt really "shrug off" the hit from the semi either. IIRC it caused her to involountarily turn back into Ben, something wich happens when she's hurting.
"Perfect. It's everything a girl could hope for: Expensive, explosive and phallic."
- Critical Maas
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

[RPG Data, beware!]

She's 4x Stronger than an average human(lift a max of 1700lbs), and over 4.5 times faster (reflexes included) and 4 times as durrable.

[/rpg data]

Here are some of the more insnae feats Buffy pulled oiff in Seasons 1 through 5.

In "Who Are You" Buffy was able to rip off a hunk of wood from a pew without any effort. Thick Wooden doors have been easily kicked in as have lighter metal doors, though she is unable to break through heavy metal doors. ("Spiral", "I Robot, You Jane", "Lie to Me", "The Dark Age", "Ted", "Bad Eggs", "The Body" and many others).

Then there's breaking other things: , aside from snaping stands, various necks and yanking off pipes of various sizes (Various episodes, "Band Candy", "Flooded").

The maximum distance she's ever leapt occured in "Buffy vs. Dracula", where she covered 20ft vertically, and 15ft horizontally. Normally, she is shown to cover leaps of up to 12 feet with ease.

She is strong enough to throw a human body up to 20ft ("The Witch", "What's my Line part 2"). The speed of these unforunate's was about 28mph.

Her heavier blows have tossed normal humans 8ft over and 5ft in the air ("The Witch"). Later on ("The Initiative") a blow sent a target skdding along 25ft, reaching a height of 3ft, in 0.834 seconds (or, sending him flying at just over 20mph). A kick has sent a vampire flying 15ft over and 5ft up in half a second (22mph) ("The Gift").

In terms of simple lifting, the metal portcullis in "Anne" is by far the heaviest thing she's lifted, and that took her 12 seconds to lifte, and held for 3 more before going under it herself.

In terms of speed, aside from crossbow-snatching ("Help"), she has dodged shooters, but not their bullets. She avoids getting shot by moving faster than the shooter can follow. The range of how far she can do this is about 30ft. ("Angel", "Becoming part 2", "Homecoming"). The weapons involved were pistols, a revolver, a hunting rifle and an M-16 w/grenade launcher, as well as Adam's Minigun.

Outside of this, she and Faith used the same trick to dodge 116mph energy blasts in "Revelation".

Her aim ain't to shabby either, nailing a vampire in the heart with a thrown stake at over 50ft away ("Bad Girls").

Her running speed is stated to be up to 35mph. We've seen her run 16mph ("Anne"--pushing a guy from in front of a car from 50ft away). And catching the Sobekite Snake Monster ("Shadow") whose movement rate varied from 55mph to 28mph.

When fightging 2 demons in Maggie Walshes Trap ("The I in Team"), her heart rate is listed at 145BPM. I have no idea what that means, really. I just think it's interesting.

Durablity--yeah, we all know how good blunt-force trauma is against her. She's also taken bolts from livewire that only knocked her down for a few seconds (just over 2) ("I Robot, You Jane"). Not even Ted the Robot could cause any visible injury on her (none appeared 1hr after the incident). Even being hit by an older-model Ford caused her to do anything but be knocked down for a few seconds (Anne).

She's made several falls with little effect on her. The highest beign 2 stories in "The Freshman" and later knocked off Glory's Diving Board, falling 50ft onto cement, stunning her for only 1 second ("Barganing Part 2").
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Xero Cool Down
Padawan Learner

Post by Xero Cool Down »

ArmorPierce wrote:That show where her and tuvok were captured seemed to suggest that 7 of 9 was stronger than vulcans. How strong are vulcans and how much stronger is buffy than an normal human?

Unfortunately ST has a habit of making nonhumans superstrong when they wan't and then not continuing that in other episodes. I think Vulcans, like Ferengi are supposed to be 2-3 times stronger than humans, but other than the episodes where that was mentioned I don't recall ever seeing it demonstrated.
@( !.! )@
ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey
Location: Born and raised in Brooklyn, unfornately presently in Jersey

Post by ArmorPierce »

That reminds me of the Hirogen. They started off with them all being huge, about 7 feet tall, and shrugging off Tuvok's physical attacks. After the first couple of episodes that we see them, they had shrunken down to normal human size and weren't so fearsome nor seemed so strong.
Brotherhood of the Monkey @( !.! )@
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.