RoTS Alternate Ending Fic (Updated 9/2)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Me like.
Stuart Mackey
Drunken Kiwi Editor of the ASVS Press

Post by Stuart Mackey »

Story good
Me need more.
Via money Europe could become political in five years" "... the current communities should be completed by a Finance Common Market which would lead us to European economic unity. Only then would ... the mutual commitments make it fairly easy to produce the political union which is the goal"

Jean Omer Marie Gabriel Monnet
--------------
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Heh, Gen. Ben Cody. Nice. Well done as always, DF.
rommel17
Youngling

Yoda's lack of Faith

Post by rommel17 »

Yoda has a very serious misunderstanding of the force and should pay the price.
Trogdor
Sith Devotee

Post by Trogdor »

Seems Yoda doesn't practice what he preached to Anakin about being happy for those who become one with the Force.

Keep it up, Fanboy. This is good stuff.
"I want to mow down a bunch of motherfuckers with absurdly large weapons and relative impunity - preferably in and around a skyscraper. Then I want to fight a grim battle against the unlikely duo of the Terminator and Robocop. The last level should involve (but not be limited to) multiple robo-Hitlers and a gorillasaurus rex."--Uraniun235 on his ideal FPS game

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force."--Darth Vader
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Yoda has a different mentality in this fic, because of Obi Wan's failure (Yoda blames himself for the disastrous pair of battles against the Sith) and because of that failure The Emperor not only has Anakin at his full potential but Luke and Leia as well. There is no light in the dark so to speak.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Post by Sidewinder »

Sidious had been content to let Yoda die a lonesome miserable death in exile on some uncharted world, but when the passenger roster for a transport heading to Tatooine listed a diminutive passenger who gave no name, paid for fare in hard currency, and carried no posessions with him, Sidious had sought his answer in the Force and recieved it.
I'm assuming the Imperial intelligence service-- whatever the fuck it's called-- informed Sidious about Yoda's escape, but how would they know where to look? Considering the trillions of travellers arriving and departing millions of planets each day, you could burn out a million droid brains by ordering them to scan the registers of each and every ship.

Should I also assume that Sidious sensed, through the force, the star system Yoda was headed towards, and simply ordered the intelligence service to scan the registers for ships with that destination?
Please do not make Americans fight giant monsters.

Those gun nuts do not understand the meaning of "overkill," and will simply use weapon after weapon of mass destruction (WMD) until the monster is dead, or until they run out of weapons.

They have more WMD than there are monsters for us to fight. (More insanity here.)
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

They don't need to search every planet. The intelligence service is still in a wartime mode at this point and they are doing an extensive search of passenger liners for the surviving Jedi and/or known criminals anyway. Yoda's being pulled in a direction he was not meant to go due to Anakin defeating Obi Wan on Mustafar.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Padme, please understand.

I turned my back on the Jedi, and Obi Wan, so that you and I could have our future together, like I promised, so that we could grow old and happy along with our children. I didn't want them to know the horrors of war.

But in saving you, to keep you alive I have stained my hands with so much blood I fear they will never come clean. I can feel the light inside me fading, growing dimmer with each passing moment as I surrender myself to the darkness.

It was the only way to save you, and I will never regret it.

No matter what happens I will always love you and our children with all of my heart, our family will always shine brightly within me.

Love,
Anakin

Teardrops fell from Padme's eyes, soaking the flimsi letter she had received handwritten from her husband, scribed shortly before his departure to Kessel. Even though her children, and family members who had traveled far from Naboo surrounded her, Padme cried. Her children were safe, the war was over, and she was alive when she should have died, but it had been at the expense of her husband's soul. The love they shared had caused him to fall from grace, and she had wondered whether or not any love was worth the personal hell that both she and Anakin were going through right now.

And yet, as her children were handed to her and even as the tight sensation of remorse filled her chest, she summoned her courage. She knew there was still a light inside of him, a flame that could outshine the darkness if fanned properly. Luke and Leia cooed silently in their mother's arms, and the serenity on their faces calmed her heart. She wasn't the only one who could help bring Anakin back anymore.

Anakin remembered the moment he had written the letter to Padme, his duty had called for him before he had time to give her a proper goodbye, the note had been written in advance during the delivery itself. He had never been good with words, but he knew how to express himself to her.

Now as he entered the chamber of Jabba the Hutt, Anakin summoned some of his anger, and the light inside him faded as he pushed thoughts of her down into the depths of his psyche. This task required the Iron Fist of Darth Vader, but in order for Darth Vader to fully emerge another part of Anakin Skywalker had to die. The anger came forth easily, Darth Vader drew power from hate, and there was nothing in the galaxy that Darth Vader hated more than Anakin Skywalker.

If Jabba had more time in advance to prepare for this meeting he surely would not have chosen his throne room. The Hutt himself was situated in his usual position at the center of the chamber, surrounded by Gammorean and Weequay guards as well as what seemed to be hundreds of the worst scum in the galaxy. Vibroblades, blasters of various sizes, even grenades were trained on him. Yet, despite the seemingly overwhelming advantage in firepower, there was no other expression on Anakin's face other than disinterest.

["Ho Ho Ho Skywalker..."] came the low belly laugh that was Jabba's trademark among those who knew of him. ["The depictions of you on the holonet are as accurate as they say, you are as bold as they come."]

Anakin refused to speak; instead he called the Dark Side to him. While the Light Side of the Force allowed a Jedi to expand his consciousness to extend around him, The Dark Side made a Sith the center of the universe, allow the Sith to dictate the course of action. It was a different experience, but Anakin had been walking this fine line for many years during the Clone Wars with Obi Wan. As thoughts of his former master crossed his mind again his hate grew stronger and the Force drew to him quicker.

["I see...but it doesn't matter. This is not the Republic boy, and we have laws here."] Jabba turned to his attendant, a cowardly looking Twi'lek by the name of Bib Fortuna. ["Send in the Toydarian."]

Anakin was distracted by that, there was only one Toydarian Anakin had ever known. It couldn't possibly be...

"You have some nerve boy!" Came Watto's disgruntled sounding shout. "Returning to this planet yet again without paying off your debt to me!"

Watto had purchased Anakin's mother long ago, and assumed ownership of Anakin when he had been born. Won from a Hutt if he remembered correctly, to pay off a gambling debt. The last time Anakin had seen him, he had been down on his luck in the streets of Mos Espa. Now memories of his mother came back, of the Tuskens.

If the Force were visible to normal eyes, then the scores of mercenaries surrounding Anakin Skywalker would see the blackest and most ominous storm clouds they had ever seen in their entire lives. Jabba's booming voice filled the chamber again.

["This is not one of your planets Boy. The Jedi who assumed your ownership, as a citizen of the Republic he could not legally own a slave. Therefore, Watto retained his rights to ownership."]

Anakin's hand went to the grip of his lightsaber, eerily similar to the dreams of his youth. So Jabba had anticipated Anakin's arrival, and allowed him to make his way through with minimal effort. But if this was simply a desperate move by Watto to reacquire his former slave then why would the Hutts get involved, there was no profit in this.

["So instead of this grandstanding, you will be fitted with a slave collar and returned to Mos Espa. Unless your Empire wasnts to buy you back for say, a billion credits. Surely the hero of the Clone Wars is worth that much."]

So that is what this was all about, nothing more than a petty blackmail scheme. Jabba obviously hadn't very much experience with an enemy skilled in the force.

"You scum obviously have no idea of what power really means." Anakin said in a cold and grim voice. "Lay down your weapons and surrender immediately or I swear I will destroy each and every one of you."

"Don't listen to him!" Barked Watto. "It's nothing but a Jedi Mind Trick!"

Jabba laughed immediately after hearing that, although he did swat Watto for good measure, drawing a loud laugh from the Kowakian Lizard Monkey at his side.

["Ho Ho Ho...The young Jedi is a fool to think that he can sway a Hutt with such parlor tricks. I think for that the Empire will have to pay us even more."]

Those mercenaries closest to Watto, in the second before the fight broke out, could have sworn that the hairs on his head were standing straight up. Not long afterwards, a blast of lightning made of sheer rage burst from Anakin's fingertips and incinerated his former Master. Mercenaries looked on in absolute shock as the charred skin of Watto burned, creating a meaty smell in the room. His bones turned black, and his screams were muffled by the intense sound of the energy crackling around him. What was left of him lay on the floor in a stinking heap. Jabba's head turned from the remains, and back to his quarry.

["Fine, now I don't have to pay him. Whoever captures or kills Skywalker first receives the Toydarian's share of the purse. GET HIM!"]

A blast rang out, but it did not go towards Anakin, but into the skull of a mercenary. Then another, and another. One by one the mercenaries started to shoot each other at point blank ranges, stabbing each other with concealed vibroknives, Gammorean guards began bludgeoning each other with their axes. Weaker minded individuals and those sensitive to the currents of the Force fell in agony as their brains sent a neutralizing fear response through their body, crippling them. In the center of this storm, Jabba looked on in terror as Anakin flashed a vicious smile, the blade extended to its full length with a crimson hue. Anakin had replaced the crystal in his lightsaber with a new one that Palpatine had given him, taken from the blade of Darth Plagueis no less.

Jabba was desperate now, his minions were either slaughtering each other or crippled in fear. There was only one thing left he could do, he desperately fumbled with the switch to the trap door that Anakin stood over, for a second it looked as if the doors would open and that Anakin would be swallowed up and sent to his fate below. But the lever jammed, or at least that's what he had though at first. But Anakin was no idiot; he had walked into many traps before and knew exactly what he was doing.

"Do you really think I was going to fall for something as simple as a trap door Jabba?" Darth Vader said as he walked closer, the fat Hutt tried to slither away but there was no way out in between the walls behind him and the door, he would have to go through Skywalker to get anywhere. He looked to Bib Fortuna, who had sprinted away at the first blaster shots through the crowd and was probably prepping a skiff to evacuate by now.

["Listen, we can talk this over. NAme your price Skywalker. I grant you your freedom! Do you want money? More power? I have information! Anything you want!"]

Anakin raised his blade. "I'm getting tired of slime like you offering me anything I want, when no one could EVER possibly give me what I want."

Padme...

For a brief second Anakin's concentration slipped, Jabba's frantic pulling of the trap door lever managed to work for a brief moment, separating the doors for almost half a meter before Anakin regained his composure. He deftly stepped to the side and regained his hold with the Force. Sorely tempted, he looked down into the maw of Jabba's dungeon, which seemed big enough to hold a Rancor.

Anakin had never seen a Krayt Dragon before, but from all the descriptions he had been given this was definitely one of them. The legendary dragons were so few in number they were considered mythical to anyone except natives. Jabba had obtained one, for entertainment and to do away with the messes that caracasses tended to leave. Vader could feel the savage hunger of the monster, kept at the edge of ferocity with hunger and harsh treatment.

"Perhaps Jabba, it is time for you to feed your pet. Give my regards to Watto if you see him in hell."

Vader changed his grip with the Force and locked the lever to open, walking off of the door as it slowly slid open, unleashing the roars of the Krayt Dragon below him. The doors were locked open, and the fighting between mercenaries spilled over, with several of them falling to the demise. Using the Force, Vader sought out Jabba's stomach, even through the Force he could tell it was a vile and disgusting thing. the Force shot outwards from Jabba's stomach like needles, perforating his gut with many small holes, causing great pain to the bloated crime lord. Jabba cried out in great pain as Darth Vader levitated him off of his platform, and dropped him into the pit below. The de facto ruler of Tatooine suffered greatly before he died.

Anakin called the Force back to him as he left the palace, sending the signal to the ARC troopers to return with him.

"Sir," Alpha replied. "We captured a Twi'lek leaving the palace on a Skiff. Do you wish us to question him?"

"Kill him," Anakin said plainly. "And before departing send a signal to the Star Destroyer to turn this entire area into a large crater. No one gets out of this building alive. We will return to base camp for a short while, but keep a gunship ready, I have some personal business to attend to elsewhere on this rock."

"Yes Sir, General."

Across the sands in Mos Espa, Yoda had finally reached the Lars homestead, he dismounted the wild Eopie he had come across and sent it on its way. As he made his way towards the small complex of buildings he could feel the darkness in the air from Anakin's battle. Yoda leaned on his gimer stick as a strong wind combined with the gut wrenching feeling of the Dark Side nearly knocked him from his feet.

"Soon my time will be." He thought to himself before reaching out with the Force. As he came to the perimeter a pair of farm hands rushed towards him with weapons drawn expecting to find Tusken Raiders.

"To the head of the household I must speak." Yoda asked.

"To the head of the household he must speak." said one of the farm hands to the other, who seemed to agree with him.

"I'll go get Owen, he'll want to talk to this guy. Why don't you two go wait in the yard down where it's safe from the wind."

Yoda sighed softly as the first farm hand led Yoda towards the protected area of the farm, a sort of pit dug into the surface which afforded protection from the heat and the wind. He was more than a little irked at the fact that he had never been forced into using his mental abilities before to manipulate people, just to be able to meet someone face to face without worry he would be discovered or killed.

"Your highness, as you can see construction of the prototype is underway. The additional labor being provided by the captured Wookies and Separatists will allow us to conduct our first test shots within a few months."

"Excellent work Governor Tarkin. What will the status be of the weapon after that."

"According to Lemelisk sir as soon as we finish with the prototype and perfect the design of the superlaser itself we should be able to build a working model of the station within four months, and he claims that once we finish perfecting the design for that we could have the much larger version that you requested availiable within six months. Scaling up the design should not be a problem at all with the resources you have given us."

Emperor Palpatine smiled and folded his hands, Tarkin was still growing accustomed to Palpatine's new appearance and the Emperor was not above using his new visage to torment his underlings slightly.

"Then I will leave you to your work for now. Remember, word of this project must not reach the Senate just yet."

"I assure you my lord, we are being as careful as we can. Already our forces have eliminated the Separatists assigned to the initial development project, and the least skilled and least valuable workers are culled every few weeks."

"For your sake Governor, I hope you are right."

Palpatine shut down the power to the receiver on the holodisplay and laughed to himself, the most powerful technology in the galaxy was within his grasp, and when it was there would be nothing in the galaxy that could defeat him. Not even his apprentice.

JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Very nice. A wretched hive of scim and villainy is no match for good old Force Lightning... :twisted:
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

Another nice chapter, even if it is a little short.

Now, I was under the impression (and KOTOR only increased that feeling) that Krayt dragons were a lot larger than Rancors. For one of them to fit under Jabba's room, it would have to be either a small one, either the room was enlarged or the Dragon had no place to turn and just fetched what was dropped in front of him. Just my two cents :mrgreen:
Not all Dacians died at Sarmizegetusa
Trogdor
Sith Devotee

Post by Trogdor »

Cool chapter. Can't wait to see Yoda vs. Anakin. Minor nitpick: slaves on Tatooine are held with implants, not slave collars.
"I want to mow down a bunch of motherfuckers with absurdly large weapons and relative impunity - preferably in and around a skyscraper. Then I want to fight a grim battle against the unlikely duo of the Terminator and Robocop. The last level should involve (but not be limited to) multiple robo-Hitlers and a gorillasaurus rex."--Uraniun235 on his ideal FPS game

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force."--Darth Vader
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Trogdor wrote:Cool chapter. Can't wait to see Yoda vs. Anakin. Minor nitpick: slaves on Tatooine are held with implants, not slave collars.
Slaves that are allowed to work yes, Slaves that are going to be offered up for a ransom get collars. Self contained explosives and a small computer with failsafes provide more punch and isn't as easy to jam as a simple implant. Collars are reserved for flight risk and valuable slaves. At least that's how i'll write it off.

Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Comosicus wrote:Another nice chapter, even if it is a little short.

Now, I was under the impression (and KOTOR only increased that feeling) that Krayt dragons were a lot larger than Rancors. For one of them to fit under Jabba's room, it would have to be either a small one, either the room was enlarged or the Dragon had no place to turn and just fetched what was dropped in front of him. Just my two cents :mrgreen:
There's more space under there than you think.

Xero Cool Down
Padawan Learner

Post by Xero Cool Down »

Darth Fanboy wrote:
Comosicus wrote:Another nice chapter, even if it is a little short.

There's more space under there than you think.

hmmmm me like.
@( !.! )@
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Looking good.
rommel17
Youngling

Post by rommel17 »

Kill Yoda off, then off Palpatine. That is the way to balance the force.
LordShaithis
Redshirt

Post by LordShaithis »

Good stuff!
If Religion and Politics were characters on a soap opera, Religion would be the one that goes insane with jealousy over Politics' intimate relationship with Reality, and secretly murder Politics in the night, skin the corpse, and run around its apartment wearing the skin like a cape shouting "My votes now! All votes for me! Wheeee!" -- Lagmonster
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

This is damned good. *hits fanboy with force lightning*

WRITE MORE>
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
General Brock
Jedi Council Member

Post by General Brock »

Tell me you saved the krayt dragon!

I like how you're developing the characters.
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

I certainly enjoy it. Keep writing!
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
LordShaithis
Redshirt

Post by LordShaithis »

Where's the next part?! *whines and bitches*
If Religion and Politics were characters on a soap opera, Religion would be the one that goes insane with jealousy over Politics' intimate relationship with Reality, and secretly murder Politics in the night, skin the corpse, and run around its apartment wearing the skin like a cape shouting "My votes now! All votes for me! Wheeee!" -- Lagmonster
sparrowtm
Youngling

Post by sparrowtm »

Are you still working on that fanfic? For it would be a loss if you didn't. :)
"Never trust a grinning horse. It is always planning something." --- Terry Pratchett
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Yes I am still working, but I am trying to keep up the quality for the next chapter so its taking time.

That NOS Guy
Jedi Council Member

Post by That NOS Guy »

Darth Fanboy wrote:Yes I am still working, but I am trying to keep up the quality for the next chapter so its taking time.
I may whine and bitch because I want more, but the quality has to be maintained. Better slow gold then fast crap.