That poor dog...

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

That poor dog...

Post by Alyeska »

I truly have to wonder if this picture is fake or not.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
DrkHelmet
Social Butterfly

Post by DrkHelmet »

It looks fake. Porcupine quills aren't that big, and I'm not sure what else it could be. Kinda looks like toothpicks.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

The first thing I thought of when I saw that was it reminded me of Homeward Bound. :wink:
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Unless it was beat about the head by someone holding a porcupine in a pair of tongs that quill density could never be achived. It looks as though someone blackened the bases of toothpicks then affixed them to the poor dog. The "blood" is probably food dye or something similar. Then again there is some puffieness, so It could be real and that's just the least lucky dog ever. Plus some look like they'd have to be inserted and not just taped or glued so maybe it is real. I'm now torn.
Pick wrote:The first thing I thought of when I saw that was it reminded me of Homeward Bound. :wink:
I thought that too.
KhyronTheBackstabber
Jedi Council Member

Post by KhyronTheBackstabber »

MM's Zentraedi Warlord/CF's Original Predacon/JL's Mad Titan
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

KhyronTheBackstabber wrote:It be real...yarg.

Yikes. It's almost strange seeing a True verdict from snopes.

Anyway, yeeesh!
Luzifer's right hand
Jedi Master

Post by Luzifer's right hand »

DrkHelmet wrote:It looks fake. Porcupine quills aren't that big, and I'm not sure what else it could be. Kinda looks like toothpicks.
They seem rather small to me. I know only african Porcupines from RL though.
I asked The Lord, "Why hath thou forsaken me?" And He spoke unto me saying, "j00 R n00b 4 3VR", And I was like "stfu -_-;;"
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Funnily enough, the dog may well be extremely satisfied with himself for chewing up a porcupine, despite getting pincushioned. :lol:
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

That's not a pit bull, despite what they say. The actual breed eludes me, but it will return. This is something I know. My dad breeds Pit Bulls.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

Ford Prefect wrote:That's not a pit bull, despite what they say. The actual breed eludes me, but it will return. This is something I know. My dad breeds Pit Bulls.
It's a Bull Terrier, like Spuds MacKenzie...
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
DrkHelmet
Social Butterfly

Post by DrkHelmet »

KhyronTheBackstabber wrote:It be real...yarg.
Yipes! I stand corrected. You have my apologies guys.
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Dogs of that type are not the sort to give up after being hurt. It enrages them to fight more. At least some of them are like that. This dog just wouldn't let up and kept getting more and more quills.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Chmee
Sith Marauder

Post by Chmee »

Un-frickin'-believeable ... that the dog isn't in a frenzy of pain and can stand still to have its picture taken is impressive. I can't even imagine any dog I've owned not going crazy from quills stuck in its EARS.
[img=right]http://www.tallguyz.com/imagelib/chmeesig.jpg[/img]My guess might be excellent or it might be crummy, but
Mrs. Spade didn't raise any children dippy enough to
make guesses in front of a district attorney,
an assistant district attorney, and a stenographer

Sam Spade, "The Maltese Falcon"

Operation Freedom Fry
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Chmee wrote:Un-frickin'-believeable ... that the dog isn't in a frenzy of pain and can stand still to have its picture taken is impressive. I can't even imagine any dog I've owned not going crazy from quills stuck in its EARS.
Tough dogs, are terriers.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

I'm undecided. If you do a google search for "porcupine quills" and "dog" you find a few pictures that show some real incidences. But what makes me skeptical of this photo are the quills on the sides of the head, the front legs, and the back of the dog plus the face that he appears to be on a leash walking around (If I had an injured animal I wouldn't put him on a leash and make him walk to the car, but thats just me I guess)

Then again i've seen some pretty dumb/stubborn dogs before...
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Check the Snopes article and then look at the link they provide. It showed more pictures of quilled dogs and they all pretty much look the same.