Star Trek - in the twenty sixth century!?

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

26th or 27th Century?

26th
43%
27th
57%

Total votes: 7

Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

As it is, does anyone have any suggestions as to what should be included, weapons for example, or ships or summat. And does anyone have any ideas for a name?
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
DrkHelmet
Social Butterfly

Post by DrkHelmet »

Ford Prefect wrote:As it is, does anyone have any suggestions as to what should be included, weapons for example, or ships or summat. And does anyone have any ideas for a name?
Transphasic torpedos would probably still be in use. Do you want names of weapons or a name for your fanfic?
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Just stuff you think should be present in the twenty sixth or seventh century.

And also, I wouldn't mind a name for the fic.

EDIT: It also needn't be anything cannon. Just suggestion you have for stuff that the Feddies could do, taking into consideration about a hundred years of development.
What is Project Zohar?

mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

In Enterprise I believe Daniels took Archer to the 26 th century to see the Enterprise J lead a Federation fleet to defeat the Sphere builders. I have to say, from the pics displayed the Enterprise J looked fugly.

Among the other ships were "Dauntless" class, ie ships which were carbon copy of the USS Dauntless (which was of course the fake ship that Arcturus tried to trick Janeway with). Presumably they took some of the ideas from the Dauntless bought back with Voyager and made their own version.

If you want some tech progression which doesn't have to be canon, I can suggest

1) transphasic torpedoes

2) quantum slipstream

3) primary and secondary shielding (like the Scimitar)

4) cloaks (by the 29th century the Federation are supposed to comprise most of the Milky Way's powers, so its not inconceivable that the Romulans will have joined thus paving the way for the Federation to finally develop proper cloaking device). In any event Janeway did attempt to bring some stealth tech back to Voyager but that was damaged when escaping the Klingons.

5) Perhaps some other energy weapon rather than phasers. In Insurrection the Federation had some other non-phaser hand held weapons, eg the isomagnetic disentegrator and the tetryon something or rather. So perhaps you could have ship weapon platforms using these.

6) "Batmobile" armour.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

mr friendly guy wrote:In Enterprise I believe Daniels took Archer to the 26 th century to see the Enterprise J lead a Federation fleet to defeat the Sphere builders. I have to say, from the pics displayed the Enterprise J looked fugly.

Among the other ships were "Dauntless" class, ie ships which were carbon copy of the USS Dauntless (which was of course the fake ship that Arcturus tried to trick Janeway with). Presumably they took some of the ideas from the Dauntless bought back with Voyager and made their own version.

If you want some tech progression which doesn't have to be canon, I can suggest

1) transphasic torpedoes

2) quantum slipstream

3) primary and secondary shielding (like the Scimitar)

4) cloaks (by the 29th century the Federation are supposed to comprise most of the Milky Way's powers, so its not inconceivable that the Romulans will have joined thus paving the way for the Federation to finally develop proper cloaking device). In any event Janeway did attempt to bring some stealth tech back to Voyager but that was damaged when escaping the Klingons.

5) Perhaps some other energy weapon rather than phasers. In Insurrection the Federation had some other non-phaser hand held weapons, eg the isomagnetic disentegrator and the tetryon something or rather. So perhaps you could have ship weapon platforms using these.

6) "Batmobile" armour.
Ah. There is mention of things happening in the twenty sixth century. Hmm, I'll have to deal with that. Was there much mention of the Federation at large, apart from the Klingons being an actual member of the Federation?

1) What do they do?

2) It's too slow. Fifteen lightyears per three minutes, four month journey between the Alpha and Delta Quadrants. It will exist, but it won't be the primary method for FTL.

3) Shielding goes to the tertiary level.

4)The Rommies haven't joined the Federation yet.

5) I've done that. Phasers still exist, but aren't main type of weapon for anyone. This has been replaced with Compression Weapons (Thanks Antares, for the idea), but most ships have a variety of other weapons, such as that Isokinetic Cannon that appeared in VOY. And yes, the Isomagnetic Disentegrator (how could I not, it has disentegrator in the name!).

6) I've heard of this. What's the actual operation?

If anything, to avoid continuity errors, I'll have to have this occur before 2550, which is when Archer is in the future. Trek ignores its own continuity - But I shall not!
What is Project Zohar?

Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

Ah. There is mention of things happening in the twenty sixth century. Hmm, I'll have to deal with that. Was there much mention of the Federation at large, apart from the Klingons being an actual member of the Federation?
The timeline didn't happen, so you don't have to follow the events. Basically, the Klingons are part of the Fed fleet, as are the Xindi. The E-J looks like this.
1) What do they do?
One-hit-kills against Borg ships.
6) I've heard of this. What's the actual operation?
Add armour generators

Turn generators on
Wait a sec
Get a fugly invincible Intrepid that shrugs off Borg weapons
DrkHelmet
Social Butterfly

Post by DrkHelmet »

Ford Prefect wrote: 1) What do they do?
One hit kills on borg ships. From the explosions, it SEEMED to me (don't attack, please!) that it is a torpedo that phases out of time/space to get inside the target, then detonates. That's what the name would imply and that's the impression I got. However, I have no proof other than what I said.
Ford Prefect wrote: 2) It's too slow. Fifteen lightyears per three minutes, four month journey between the Alpha and Delta Quadrants. It will exist, but it won't be the primary method for FTL.
If I recall correctly, the first Federation ship in TOS was limited to warp 5. It would not be a hard jump to say that they use a refined quantum slipstream drive which moves faster. Remember the original one was a prototype.
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

If I recall correctly, the first Federation ship in TOS was limited to warp 5.
Warp 1 for the Phoenix (2063)

Warp 1.8 for Y-and J-class freighters (2100)

Warp 2 for Neptune-class surveyors (21xx)

Warp 2 and later 5 (2151, NX-class) were considered major breakthroughs.
DrkHelmet
Social Butterfly

Post by DrkHelmet »

Bounty wrote:
If I recall correctly, the first Federation ship in TOS was limited to warp 5.
Warp 1 for the Phoenix (2063)

Warp 1.8 for Y-and J-class freighters (2100)

Warp 2 for Neptune-class surveyors (21xx)

Warp 2 and later 5 (2151, NX-class) were considered major breakthroughs.
Ok so I didn't recall correctly. You get the gist, however. Warp got faster, and so can Quantum Slipstream.
Dark Primus
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Primus »

As for weapons. I do like the Pulse phasers, why not add in them? ehmm... Twin pulse phaser batteries or something?
EAT SHIT AND DIE! - Because I say so

"Me Grimlock Badass" -Grimlock
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Ah good, I don't have to worry then. Excellent. And I have even better pic of the E-J, thanks Bounty.

As for Quantum Slipstream, it has a cruising speed of 28 lightyears an hour, and a burst speed of three hundred lightyears an hour. And can it work in areas of very high gravity? The thing is, while yes, QS could be refined, could it be refined so that it is sixteen times faster?

And I do have pulse phasers, and normal phasers on the Ships pf the Future (tm).
What is Project Zohar?

DrkHelmet
Social Butterfly

Post by DrkHelmet »

Ford Prefect wrote: As for Quantum Slipstream, it has a cruising speed of 28 lightyears an hour, and a burst speed of three hundred lightyears an hour. And can it work in areas of very high gravity? The thing is, while yes, QS could be refined, could it be refined so that it is sixteen times faster?
It's your creation. I reckon you can refine QS as much as you want, given it's not mentioned in any other Star Trek episode that I can possibly think of.
mr friendly guy
The Doctor

Ford Prefect wrote:Ah good, I don't have to worry then. Excellent. And I have even better pic of the E-J, thanks Bounty.

As for Quantum Slipstream, it has a cruising speed of 28 lightyears an hour, and a burst speed of three hundred lightyears an hour. And can it work in areas of very high gravity? The thing is, while yes, QS could be refined, could it be refined so that it is sixteen times faster?

And I do have pulse phasers, and normal phasers on the Ships pf the Future (tm).
I you think QS is too slow, just say that its been improved by the 26th century to go whatever speed your plot requires, just as warp improved from TOS to TNG.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Does anyone have a good last name that I could use for one Commodore Samuel *insert name here*? I'm currently using Kirk as a place holder (so much easier to type than *insert name*). Does anyone have an suggestions?
What is Project Zohar?

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Beckett.
Smith
Jones
Hodgeson
mr friendly guy
The Doctor

Ford Prefect wrote:Does anyone have a good last name that I could use for one Commodore Samuel *insert name here*? I'm currently using Kirk as a place holder (so much easier to type than *insert name*). Does anyone have an suggestions?
Hartnell, Troughton, Pertwee, Baker, Davison, McCoy, McGann, Eccleston, Tennant. :lol:

Ok so I borrowed the names from another sci fi show.

Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

Commodore Samuel "Brick" Brannigan III