Folk/Blues appreciation thread.

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Folk/Blues appreciation thread.

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

fairly self explainitory, your favorite folk and blues muscians and songs.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Superman
Pink Foamin' at the Mouth

Post by Superman »

I love blues... I fucking LOVE blues. I love when Elvis sang blues, I love when BB King rips out his slow solos, and I love when Buddy Guy rips it up.

I hate folk. I hate whiny ass hippy bands like Bread, America or Gordon Lightfoot. Fuck folk.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Blues, one of the few types of music which I never grow tired of hearing. There's just something about it that locks straight into your heart, you feel the blues as much as you listen to it, it has soul, life, and flow. Fave artists, well, I've always had a weakness for blues guitar, Albert King, Jimi Hendrix, and Stevie Ray Vaughan, they played good blues.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

mind you folk is not limited to just hippy bands, as there is a few hundred year tradition of folk songs such as "long black veil", "Maddy Groves", "Jim Jones", "Jack Chalk" etc.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

There's an awesome doco on at the moment about the blues, coinding with the ABC's (Australia) Blues Festival. Damn fine, damn fine.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.