Which do you dislike more?

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Which do hate/dislike more

TOS opening music
24%
"Faith of the heart" (ENT opening music).
76%

Total votes: 17

Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Which do you dislike more?

Post by Lord Revan »

Whitch do you dislike more, the opening title music of Star Trek(TOS) or "Faith of the heart" (ST:ENT opening title music).

Personally as bad as it's "Faith of the heart" is prolerable, but with TOS I just Mute my TV for opening title after the "where no man has gone before" part.

but make no mistake, I do prefer TOS as series more, I just don't like title music)
Last edited by Lord Revan on 2005-08-06 06:52pm, edited 1 time in total.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

I can't STAND "Faith of the Heart". Period.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Dakarne
Village Idiot

Post by Dakarne »

TOS Music, the lyrics:

AH AH AH AH AH AH!
AH AH AH AH AH AH

Rinse and repeat. Very annoying.

I actually somewhat like the "Faith of the Heart" music, (dodges behind flame-proof barrier and prepares for the bombardment), it fits the "First Steps into space" theme.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Never watched enough of ENT to see the orignal OP, but I'm going to say that I automatically dislike it more than the TOS OP, which I could never dislike.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Gah, I hate the TOS opening "song." :x

The ENT opener really wasnt that bad, I just wished they had stuck with the style used in the other series (personally, I thought that the best part of Voyager was it's title sequence.) :P
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Chmee
Sith Marauder

Post by Chmee »

TOS's music is dated ... whereas Ent's was never considered anything but putrid swamp-muck puked up by the Berviathan onto defenseless fandom ....
[img=right]http://www.tallguyz.com/imagelib/chmeesig.jpg[/img]My guess might be excellent or it might be crummy, but
Mrs. Spade didn't raise any children dippy enough to
make guesses in front of a district attorney,
an assistant district attorney, and a stenographer

Sam Spade, "The Maltese Falcon"

Operation Freedom Fry
Erik von Nein
Jedi Council Member

Post by Erik von Nein »

Out of those two? "Faith of the heart." It just annoyed me too much, like they were trying to make it heart touching or something. Geh. Just stupid.
"To make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the universe."
— Carl Sagan

YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

Well, with TOS I can detect how it eventually evolved into the TMP Theme that I love so, and its overall tune isn't that bad, it also fits with the mood of the show. Faith of the heart is... well... its okay as far as songs go, but for a Star Trek show? Horrid. Then again, so is Enterprise (I watched two seasons and counted 4 good episodes).
Name changes are for people who wear women's clothes. - Zuul

Wow. It took me a good minute to remember I didn't have testicles. -xBlackFlash

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

The instrumental version of the TOS theme is okay, though the version with vocals sucks balls. I didn't mind "Faith of the Heart", really. It fit the show.

And the word, Lord Revan, is "which". A witch wears a pointy hat and rides a broomstick. There's no such thing as a whitch at all.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

RedImperator wrote:And the word, Lord Revan, is "which". A witch wears a pointy hat and rides a broomstick. There's no such thing as a whitch at all.
fixed.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n