ST Pics I drew.

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

ST Pics I drew.

Post by Lord Revan »

It's non-canon I made for the Earth-Romulan war.

the ship itself.

Deck 1(aka the Bridge).

Deck 2

Deck 3

there is a fourth deck, but it contains only the plasma cannons, fuel tanks, service crawlways (aka Jefferies Tubes) and other stuff like that, so I didn't draw it.

EDIT. changed title to fit the thread.
Last edited by Lord Revan on 2005-08-12 03:52pm, edited 2 times in total.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

this the timeline I made up for the war.

21.6.2155:Raports increased raids by Orion pirates start to apear.

24.6.2155:The Romulan Star Empire accuses United Earth of selling arms to Orion Pirates.

25.6.2155:The Vulcan High Command suggest a multispecies investigation into the Orion raids, Romulans decline and declere war on Earth.

1.8.2155:Vulcans join the war on Humans side, but stay away from the battlelines

25.10.2155:The starship Mannerheim sends distress call.

30.10.2155:The Mannerheim is found adrift by the Enterprise (NX-01)

10.11.2155:Enterprise arrives at Earth with survivors of Mannerheim's crew and some very important integence.

23.11.2155:Integence from the Mannerheim proves that the Romulans were behind the new weapons the Orion pirates used in their raids. The Andorians and Tellerites join the war

4.12.2155:A spy is detected, inside the Goverment of United Earth, but who he/she is remains unknown.

6.12.2155 - 5.6.2156:The first outercolonies campain. Starfleet suffers immense casualties, but is able to stop the Romulan advance in the end.

1.7.2156 - 1.2.2158:Operation Counterstrike, 1st Strike fleet (lead by the Enterprise (NX-01)) and 2nd Strike fleet (lead by the Columbia (NX-02)),
with help from Andorians and Tellerites force the Romulan back to their pre-war borders.

4.3.2158 - 6.7.2158:The Second outercolonies campain. The Romulan try to retake what they lost, but succeed only partly while suffering heavy casulaties.

1.8.2158:The Battle of Earth. A large Romulan fleet attacks Earth in attempt to capture the President (or equilevant) of United Earth,
Secretary of State Berman is revealed to be the Romulan agent and shot peices by MACOs during the failed kidnap attempt.

20.8.2158 - 1.6.2159:The Andorian campain. the Romulan attack the Andorian Empire for helping Earth, in the the campain is unsuccesfull and the Romulans have retreat.

3.6.-12.12.2159: Operation Overkill. A huge Earth/Ardorian/Vulcan/tellerate task force begins to attack the Romulan held space.

1.1.2160 - 2.6.2160: Operation Final Blow, Starfleeet proceed to take back few of Earth colonies still held by Romulan Forces.

2.6.2160:The Battle of Cheron, A large Romulan fleet is defeated.

5.6.2160:Romulan Star Empire surrenders via voice only subscape transmission, The Neutral Zone is formed and the Earth-Romulan war ends.
Last edited by Lord Revan on 2005-08-13 07:02pm, edited 6 times in total.
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

OK the is capable of Warp 4 (for few hours) and is armed with 6 Plasma cannons and 2 standard Torp Tubes (that normally use Spatial torps, but are capable of launching Photonic Torps as well).

EDIT:It also has a crew of 66 men (max)

EDIT: the ship is in total from leading edge of saucer to end of the nacelles 57 meters in length.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Now a enhanced version (not that anyone would care).
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

bottom view.
fire at will !

as seen in the pic the plasma cannon are located this way: 2 flanking the Nav deflector next to the torp tubes, 2 flanking the lower sensor dome and 2 in bulb in the aft part of the engineering section.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

No comments?
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Very nice, especially the timeline.

Secretary of State Berman.
*Snicker* :)
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Noble Ire wrote:Very nice, especially the timeline.

Secretary of State Berman.
*Snicker* :)
What Trekkie hasn't had dreams about empting a Plasma rifle or Phaser (or any wepon for that matter) into Berman and since he's Producer in reallife making him a Redshirt instead high raking spy didn't just feel right (besides it would have been an insult to the Redshirts).

EDIT: not that I would ever try to execute those dreams.
The Guid
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Guid »

It all looks good, I like the ship - its got some real meat to it. I'm afraid I am not knowledgable enough in Treknology/history to give further comments but I found it interesting
Self declared winner of The Posedown Thread
EBC - "What? What?" "Tally Ho!" Division
I wrote this:The British Avengers fanfiction

"Yeah, funny how that works - you giving hungry people food they vote for you. You give homeless people shelter they vote for you. You give the unemployed a job they vote for you.

Maybe if the conservative ideology put a roof overhead, food on the table, and employed the downtrodden the poor folk would be all for it, too". - Broomstick
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

The Guid wrote:It all looks good, I like the ship - its got some real meat to it. I'm afraid I am not knowledgable enough in Treknology/history to give further comments but I found it interesting
well most of is made by me (the names Enterprise and Columbia and year and location of the Battle of Charon are canon)

EDIT:if you want any reference of this others of it's era, it's less then half of length of the saucer section of the NX-class.

EDIT2:Also the fact that the even the peace treaty was voice only is also canon.
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

As I said in the other thread, it's one of the better Steamtrepid varients that I've seen.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

OK this typical crew compliment of Pathfinder class starship.

Command- section
CO (aka the "captain") - commader

Helm/Nav - section
1 NCO/senior crewmen
3 Crewmen

Medical - section
CMO - Lieutenant
2 Nurses/Medical techs - crewmen

Science/Sensors - section
1 Officer - Lieutenant
14 sensor techs - crewmen

Communication - section
1 Officer - Ensign
10 comm techs - crewmen

Engineering
1 officer - ensign
14 techs -crewmen

Tactical
1 officer - Ensign
8 gunners/weapon techs -crewmen
1 MACO Sergeant
1 MACO Corpral
6 MACO Troopers

66 crew members in total (though not all of them are in duty at the same time).

EDIT:some changes to the crew.
Last edited by Lord Revan on 2005-08-10 05:57pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Name:Pathfinder class
Type:scout/patrol ship
Length:57 m
Standard cruise speed: Warp 2
Max speed: Warp 3.5 (for few hours)
Power system:Simple Impulse
Weapons: 2 torpedo tubes and 6 Plasma cannons
Crew compliment: 66 men

Name:Pathfinder class (upgrated)
Type:scout/patrol ship
Length:57 m
Standard cruise speed: Warp 3
Max speed: Warp 4 (for few hours)
Power system:M/AM warpcore
Weapons: 2 torpedo tubes and 6 Plasma cannons
Crew compliment: 66 men

The Pathfinder is light scout/patrol ship used UESPA Starfleet to locate any threats to it's fleet or the citizens of United Earth. Orginally designed in 2122 using a simple Impulse powerplant all of the Pathfinders were upgrated in 2154 to use M/AM Warpcores and served with distinction in Earth Romulan war.

OK this bit longer version of stats and some history for the ship.
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

Medical - section
CMO - Lieutenant
2 Nurses - crewmen
2 Medical techs - crewmen
That's an awful lot of medical personnel for such a small ship. You'd think they'd have one dedicated doctor, perhaps two or three regular crewman with basic med training, and teach the others CPR for emergencies.

One question : does this ship have any sort of auxiliary craft ? Perhaps one or two pods for external inspections ?

Otherwise, it's great. I'm not too fond of the lines, but maybe that's because I'm having trouble visualising it in 3D. Nice attention to detail.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Bounty wrote:One question : does this ship have any sort of auxiliary craft ? Perhaps one or two pods for external inspections ?
being almost the size of a shuttle it self there isn't really that much room anything like that (that's why this thing has a Transporter though it's possible I might add something).

EDIT:
That's an awful lot of medical personnel for such a small ship. You'd think they'd have one dedicated doctor, perhaps two or three regular crewman with basic med training, and teach the others CPR for emergencies.
well med techs handle biological agents (aka germs) the crew might find during a scouting missions (anyway I did cut med crew to half of what it was).
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

First pic of battle of Earth.
just the United Earth fleet.

Pic 2 (the Romulan fleet)

pic 3 (so it begins)
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Pic 4 (the battle rages on)

Comment would be appreciated (if they're constructive and mature of course).
Last edited by Lord Revan on 2005-08-13 11:51pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

I does any know what font was used in the NX-class proto LCARS system and it's possible get hold of that font from anywere in the Net.

Edit:is there good samples of ENT computer interface, I could use to make consols on the pathfiders-class' bridge?
Last edited by Lord Revan on 2005-08-12 08:08pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Lord Revan wrote:Pic 4 (the battle rages on)

Comment would appreciated (if they're constructive and mature of course).
Are all the Federation ships sporting battle damage? If so, why do none of the Romulan craft seem to have any (aside from those blowing up of course)?
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Noble Ire wrote:
Lord Revan wrote:Pic 4 (the battle rages on)
*snip*
Comment would appreciated (if they're constructive and mature of course).
Are all the Federation ships sporting battle damage? If so, why do none of the Romulan craft seem to have any (aside from those blowing up of course)?
No Romulan ship are blowing up there's two that have gotten hit by Spatial torp and one that rammed by a Pathfinder (it Earth ship's warpcore not the Romulan ship that blows up (though the romulans is also destroyed), so answer your first question, yes only Earth ships have battle damage at this point (and they're Earth, not Fedaration ships).
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Pic 5(the re-enforsments arrive)
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

pic 6 (the Romulans retreat)
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Oooh, I like the lighting effects.

On the ship, tis a pretty small gunship sized craft. I do like your deck plans though there doesn't seem to be much 'equipment' or dedicated space for all the stuff.

I'd also like to see how it looks from different vantage points.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Knife wrote:On the ship, tis a pretty small gunship sized craft. I do like your deck plans though there doesn't seem to be much 'equipment' or dedicated space for all the stuff.

I'd also like to see how it looks from different vantage points.
I tend not draw stuff like (equipment) in too much detail due the lack of skill/software.

as different views I might try to do that.

EDIT: low detail side view
the green stick figure is for scale reference.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Knife wrote:Oooh, I like the lighting effects.
sorry forgot to reply to this. Thanks and they were actually quite easy to make when I used some imagination (though good effect for nacelle glow wasn't easy to find) and they all were made with Gimp (as was streach effect for the warp jump), while ships themselves were made with MS Paint.

the Earth is from MS Encarta(TM)
Last edited by Lord Revan on 2005-08-17 01:48pm, edited 1 time in total.