Moosemonster Arts and Crafts presents...

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

What do you think?

Genius!
43%
It looks like shit...
14%
Your car will explode!
14%
Far too much time on your hands.
29%

Total votes: 7

El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

Moosemonster Arts and Crafts presents...

Post by El Moose Monstero »

What happens when I'm bored, the parents are away on holiday, I'm up at 7am and for a change don't have anything important or social to be doing? Well, I clean the inside of my car, make wedding presents, do the laundry etc etc. And I also make this:

My car's ashtray originally held the iPod and did it well, the one in the model is my old one that is buggered but the buttons on it were easily accessible from the ashtray. Since replacing it, the buttons are now on the wheel and I can't get to them easily without hampering my driving. So, I invented, the thingy!

Seems to work ok at the moment, fixative is drying on it. My only worry is whether the coathanger wires in the grill are posing a hazard. As near as I can tell, nothing comes out of that grill, not even air. However, if there are any VW Polo owners who know better, please let me know.
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

that grill serves SOME purpose. I just bet my left testicle that it is the recirculator. Like, when you put it on MAX A/C, what is does is it recirculates the cool air in the cabin over the evaporator, (its easier on the A/C compressor, and, it makes for colder cool air.) rather than pulling in fresh, hot air from the outside. pulling in hot, fresh air is quieter, the compressor has to work harder to extract the heat from it.

So...it's an intake. :D

EDIT__________

and no, your coathanger wires are not restricting the airflow enough to be concerned at all. just make sure the wires don't go TOO far down in there...I don't know where the evaporator is located in your procession of ventilation shafts, and they aren't the sturdiest things in the world. those coathangers COULD poke a hole in the tubing. and THAT would be expensive.

And shitty.

Because your Air conditioner wouldn't work.

And that is the mark of a good car.

20 years old? Hmm...

Tire falling off?

Engine nearly shot?

Tranny slips constantly?

3rd gear doesnt work at all?

A/C works?!!!

SOLD!
El Moose Monstero

Air conditioner? Excuse me a second, aha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! Sorry, my car isn't modern enough to have an air conditioning unit other than the window and the sunroof. I've got a heater and that's about it. :D

However, it is good to know that I'm unlikely to be doing damage; the coat hangers only go about 2-3 inches through the grill, so I think I'm safe. Am getting a hole in my exhaust fixed at some point in the next week or so, so I'll double check with the mechanic then.

The car is in fact 15-16 years old, with 40000 on the clock, no tyres falling off as far as I know, the engine is 1300, the fanbelt does occassionally squeak and all 5 gears and reverse all work fine. Just need to hunt down some white paint to cover the rust and some plastic ties to stop my glove compartment falling off. :D

Thanks, Chardok. Much appreciated.
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

no problem! (Just so youare aware, the little thing I wrote about the car being 20 years old and tires falling off, etc. Was just a little like...skit. I put a LOT of emphasis on the AC working on a car, just illustrating that I don't care if the car is falling apart around me, as long as the A/C works. It was not meant to be a criticism of your polo.)

what the hell is a polo, anyway? Is that the UK version of a VW Golf? Or a Jetta? Or a Rabbit?
El Moose Monstero

Chardok wrote:no problem! (Just so youare aware, the little thing I wrote about the car being 20 years old and tires falling off, etc. Was just a little like...skit. I put a LOT of emphasis on the AC working on a car, just illustrating that I don't care if the car is falling apart around me, as long as the A/C works. It was not meant to be a criticism of your polo.)

what the hell is a polo, anyway? Is that the UK version of a VW Golf? Or a Jetta? Or a Rabbit?
I got your drift, don't worry, I'm not protective of my car's feelings. It's a bastard and deserves everything it gets. Looking up online, it appears to be similar to what you called a Rabbit, although Polo is the European variant from what I can tell (and is therefore the original, and best :mrgreen:).