RoTS Alternate Ending Fic (Updated 9/2)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

LordShaithis
Redshirt

Post by LordShaithis »

Fast gold! NOW! *cracks whip*
If Religion and Politics were characters on a soap opera, Religion would be the one that goes insane with jealousy over Politics' intimate relationship with Reality, and secretly murder Politics in the night, skin the corpse, and run around its apartment wearing the skin like a cape shouting "My votes now! All votes for me! Wheeee!" -- Lagmonster
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Anakin's gunship had arrived at the Lars homestead not long after a quick stop at the base camp. With preparations in place to eradicate Jabba's palace and to establish a garrison he could divert his attention to more personal matters. Again he traveled alone, but this time he ordered the ARCs to remain behind, giving the order in such a tone that not even the the most battle hardened one of them would dare question it. Such was the added weight of the Dark Side of the Force.

Son, my place is here. My future is here. It is time for you to let
go...to let go of me. I cannot go with you.

The sight of the homestead, the heat of the twin suns, and the pain that would forever occupy his heart surged inside of him. He had never called this place home, but the emotions of this place and their echo in the Force could still be felt. When the feelings of a powerful Force user manifest themselves in such a strong way they leave an imprint in the surrounding area. Anakin was powerful enough to leave such an imprint, and this was the place where he had buried his mother.

"Now, be brave, and don't look back."

How brave could he have possibly been? One of the first things the JEdi Council had told him was that he was full of fear. Even on the brink of war as a Padawan all Anakin could do was dream of his mother, longing for the days when his fears could be laid to rest with a soft smile and a warm touch.

"Annie...? Is it you...?"

He had played the sscenario in his mind many times, no matter how many times he had tried to envision it he always asked himself the same question. "Would she even remember me?" It had been many years, he had become a man. Traveling across the galaxy as he had dreamt. But even on the brink of death after so long Shmi Skywalker had still recognized her boy in an instant.

"Annie? Annie? You look so handsome. My son... my
grown-up son. I'm so proud of you, Annie... so proud... I
missed you so much...

How many years had it been that he longed to see his mother again, the only family he had ever known aside from the Jedi. Of them all only Obi-Wan had ever felt like family, he had made friends but no one he could trust. Even his master he could not fully confide him, the feelings he held dear to himself were in direct violation of the Jedi Code.

I love you.

The final words his mother had spoken, although the last part had been inaudible as she had gasped in her final breath. He forced himself to wonder if she would still say those same things now that he had forsaken the Jedi she had entrusted her son with. He had won many victories, defeated powerful enemies, but even the powers his new master had promised him weren't enough. Keeping someone from dying was not enough to erase the terrible pain in his heart.

"Fall upon you, the shadow of greed has."

The voice of his mother was replaced by Yoda's, only this time the vivid recollection was replaced by actual sound. A stunned Anakin turned to see his former comrade and teacher standing in the desert no more than ten meters from him, a gust of sand blowing over his cloak.

"Anticpate this when you were a boy I did, felt it I did before Geonosis, see it I did on Coruscant when sought my counsel you did."

"The typical arrogant observations of a Jedi." Anakin snapped through clenched teeth. If his fury were a turbolaser he would have atomized Yoda by now, but his fury was something far more destructive than that. "How did you find this place? Answer me!"

"Typical impatience of a Sith, the quick and easy path you do seek, for power and for knowledge. With your feelings reach out, and the answer on your own, you can find."

Anakin immediately reached for his lightsaber, wanting nothing more than to strike Yoda down and present his diminuitive corpse before his master. Then Yoda could have the same peace that every other dead being supposedly enjoyed, including his mother.

"Enough of this. If a battle is what you wish however I would be more than willing to accomodate you." Anakin's blade flashed, the crimson bloodshine of a Sith blade had replaced the sky blue of his former blade, and if Yoda had felt there was any chance Anakin could be redemmed it was incinerated with the ignition of his new blade.

"STOP!"

The voice was that of Owen Lars, who had come running out to the grave site with a blaster rifle in hand. An older model better suited for scaring away the occaisional Jawa or Tusken Raider than for taking on a highly skilled Sith Lord, but to his credit he refused to flinch.

Yoda had met with OWen, informing them of Anakin's impending arrival. Owen and most of his hands hated the Empire and readily evacuated, but something had kept Owen behind, and Yoda was worried that the farmer did not know what he was getting into. There was nothing he could do however, if he broke his concentration on Anakin for but a moment he could readily leap into action and strike him down, and it was not Yoda's place just yet to die.

"I'm sorry Master Yoda, but my brother and I need to have a few words."

Owen barely restrained himself when he spoke of how much he hated the Republic, esepcially since it had becoem the Galactic Empire. Cliegg had specifically ordered him to stay on the farm, so that his boy could not join the Separatists. But Owen had dreamed of overthrowing the government and establishing a real democracy and order on Tatooine and worlds like it, planets that had been ignored for centuries and allowed to languish under the control of scum such as the Hutts. But at least the Hutts gave residents autonomy so long as they didn't meddle with their affairs, the Empire however had begun nationalizing everything it could get its hands on. When Cliegg had died Owen had inherited the farm though, and his dreams of joining the CIS died that day. Anakin did not even make a motion towards Lars, his concentration was fully on Yoda, he didn't care about some pathetic farmer whom he was associated with by tragic circumstances.

"What gives you the right to set your dirty Imperial boots on my farm Skywalker!"

Anakin admonished himself for letting this irrelevant mositure farmer get under his skin. He wasn't worth the attention.

"Damnit! You scum, answer me!" Owen fired his blaster in the air in a testosterone-influenced display to show how serious he was. Anakin was now irritated enough to address his stepbrother's presence.

"This doesn't involve you Lars. This is between me and the Jedi."

Yoda told me all about you, about the Sith. About how you manipulated both sides of the war, letting billions upon billions be killed just so you could weild the same power you accuse the Jedi of coveting. The hypocrisy in your voice is about a subtle as a sandstorm!"

Yoda looked right back at Anakin, radiating in the Force like a beacon of light in the darkness. Anakin began to focus, he could feel Yoda's intentions through the Force, and attacking was not something his adversary was planning to do. Anakin smiled inwardly with great viciousness as he turned his head toward Owen. Yoda's gaze broke, and turned somber.

"Leave you must Owen Lars! Deal with Anakin I will!"

"And let you handle the Sith the same way you handled the Clone Wars? Like Bantha fodder I will. Sith Lord or nothing you've got the count of three to start walking off my property before I blast you into pieces!"

Yoda wanted to leap out, to use the Force to carry Owen away, to deflect Anakin's impending attack. But he could not risk it, he was needed alive, he had a job yet to do. Even if he could defeat Anakin and save Owen LArs he would prevent himself from accomplishing the great task the Force had given him.

"One!"

Anakin turned away from Yoda, standing motionless. There was a brief pause before Owen shouted again.

"Two!"

Now Anakin was beginning to lift one of his hands, creating a gesture that would hagve looked silly to the untrained observer.

"Thr....!"

Anakin clenched his fist before Owen could fire his blaster as the Force crushed his spine. He could feel the vertebrae individually crack and shatterunder the pressure and suddenly all was black. His body lifted into the air as he died as Anakin toyed with him, and his body fell to the sand with a disgusting smack.

"Now you are the one who is afraid Master Yoda, you couldn't even raise a hand to save that insignificant worm. Could it be you value your own life more than those you are sworn to protect?"

"It is not fear that drives me young Skywalker. The Force is my ally, and a powerful ally it is. You would use it as an instrument of oppression and murder, rather than embrace it for what it truly is."

"Well spoken for a fallen Master, only someone as foolish as a Jedi would treat that as the truth. The Force serves me, I control it. I no longer need fear myself, the Force has freed me from the chains imposed on me, because I shape it to my will."

"Much to teach you Obi Wan still had." Yoda said with a vast regret. "Nevertheless, you are the victor. Wish to die I do not, surrender I do, so that the Jedi will live on."

Anakin's jaw nearly dropped. Yoda was surrendering without putting up any kind of a fight? "I never would have guessed that the great Yoda would allow the Jedi to survive in chains, rather than die with their freedom. The Emperor was right about you, all of you."

"My concern, that is not. All I ask, that the bloodshed stops, that I do."

"Very well then. After all, my master prefers to possess rather than destroy. Your long lifespan will be to your detriment in my master's care." Anakin powered down his lightsaber, and raised his communicator. "Arc Troopers, I will be returning to the Gunship. As soon as we depart this planet have the Star Destroyer set course for Coruscant immediately. I have a very important prisoner for the Emperor."

Yoda nodded his head and hung it low as he was placed in binders and watched by Skywalker the entire time. He knew Anakin would watch him like a hawkbat for the entire journey to Coruscant to prevent his escape. But escape was not in Yoda's plan. The only thing Yoda could do was meditate. To stay the course of his plan, and prepare himself for the inevitable penance he would have to suffer for his failures.

"General Skywalker, the shuttle has arrived to take you and the Prisoner back to the Star Destroyer."

"Excellent work Alpha, continue to follow all standing orders, have medical teams round up every slave on the planet and remove any and all slave collars and transmitters. Furthermore anyone on this planet claiming ownership of a slave will be placed under arrest...and be sure to demolish the Lars homestead, kill any survivors and witnessess."

Yoda nearly turned on his captors when he heard Anakin give that last order. "A deal we had! Safe the people would remain!"

"I no longer extend the courtesy of keeping my promises, to the Jedi Order that betrayed me."

The shuttle departed, Anakin's fears had been replaced by the Pride he felt within himself. Yoda was the last of the Jedi, and his victory was complete. Soon his ties to this planet would be nothing more than a distant memory and he could move on with his plans for the galaxy. But no matter how hard he tried, the words of his mother flood his ears and his heart. Adding sorrow to his anger, erasing the joy from his heart and renewing the darkness. Yoda was right, there was definitely a shadow over him, but not of greed, but of regret.

You can't stop change any more than you can stop the suns from
setting. Listen to your feelings; Annie, you know what's right.

Anakin knew what was right, and soon the rest of the Galaxy, even Lord Sidious would as well.

"Things just keep getting worse all the time." Obi Wan had thought while going through the latest news reports. The Empire had been instituted by Senate with an incredibly lopsided vote, but Obi Wan suspected that even some of the die-hard supporters would have sided against Palpatine if they had foreseen some of the consequences. Not more than a few hours after the Imperial Garrison on Tatooine was established the Empire had begun assisting local authorities is extermination campagins agaisnt the Sand People, while many people selectively ignored this massacre in lieu of the new anti slavery laws insituted by General Skywalker, Obi Wan felt sick to his stomach that his former apprentice was now condemning an entire species to extinction. The Sand People were not alone however, on Naboo Gungans were being forced into internment camps after several Gungan demonstrators sparked Violence in the capital city of Theed, protesting the new Planetary government's imposing of taxes. Both Geonosians and Wookies were being tried en masse as war criminals and being shuttled off to undisclosed locations to serve their sentences.

He was tired of hiding, so far he had contributed almost nothing towards unseating Palpatine, or even anything to Alderaan's defense for that matter. Obi Wan had come to embrace Alderaan as a pacificst world, unafraid to defend their beliefs but unwilling to compromise them by taking up arms. In a perfect galaxy, Alderaan would be far untouched by the conflicts that the Clone Wars had brought about. Yoda had told him to allow the Force to guide his path, he was unsure if it was the Force or his own instincts that were taking him in the direction he was going, but he felt in his heart it was the right thing to do for both himself, and for the legacy of the Jedi.

It was a short walk to the Capital Docking Bay, Obi Wan used his code clearance as General Ben Cody to gain access to the Shuttle bay. The hyperdrive ready fighter he had assumed on Utapau was still there, changed only in appearance with the colors of the Alderaanian Defense Force now painted on its Hull. Obi Wan climbed into the cockpit and took off. Using the integrated hyperdrive system he quickly plotted his course to Chandrila, to the Rebellion.

Authors Note: Comment and Critiques as usual please. A brief appraisal of the entire series up to this point would be very welcome as well, thanks. ~DF
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Perseid
Padawan Learner

Post by Perseid »

Nice chapter. Love Owen's arrogance finally getting him killed, I'm wondering whether Yoda has lost his mind or has a [Blackadder] very, very, very cunning plan [/Blackadder]
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

I think he has a plan.
Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Post by Sidewinder »

darthdavid wrote:I think he has a plan.
If so, Yoda must be braindead to think his plan won't be undone or, worse, manipulated to serve Sidious' ends when he's brought before the Sith Master.

A good story, overall. What surprised me is that Owen Lars would feel sympathetic towards the CIS.
Please do not make Americans fight giant monsters.

Those gun nuts do not understand the meaning of "overkill," and will simply use weapon after weapon of mass destruction (WMD) until the monster is dead, or until they run out of weapons.

They have more WMD than there are monsters for us to fight. (More insanity here.)
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Sidewinder wrote:A good story, overall. What surprised me is that Owen Lars would feel sympathetic towards the CIS.
Owen lived outside of the Republic and felt it was incredibly corrupt. It also fits in with the 'actual' SW timeline as another reason that Owen wouldn't let Luke head to the Academy, he hates the Republic/Empire.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Stuart Mackey
Drunken Kiwi Editor of the ASVS Press

Post by Stuart Mackey »

So far, so good. Allthough I dont like the emasculation of 'Ben Cody's' force ability.
Via money Europe could become political in five years" "... the current communities should be completed by a Finance Common Market which would lead us to European economic unity. Only then would ... the mutual commitments make it fairly easy to produce the political union which is the goal"

Jean Omer Marie Gabriel Monnet
--------------
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Stuart Mackey wrote:So far, so good. Allthough I dont like the emasculation of 'Ben Cody's' force ability.
Trying to stay consistent with what happened to Darth Vader at the end of RoTS, but I think you will be pleased with later events. Gen. Cody is tired of being sidelined.

Stuart Mackey

Post by Stuart Mackey »

Darth Fanboy wrote:
Stuart Mackey wrote:So far, so good. Allthough I dont like the emasculation of 'Ben Cody's' force ability.
Trying to stay consistent with what happened to Darth Vader at the end of RoTS, but I think you will be pleased with later events. Gen. Cody is tired of being sidelined.
Good good. I eagerly await for events to unfold.
Via money Europe could become political in five years" "... the current communities should be completed by a Finance Common Market which would lead us to European economic unity. Only then would ... the mutual commitments make it fairly easy to produce the political union which is the goal"

--------------
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

A question, how do you feel about the use of the Shmi Skywalker dialogue? I put it in because I kept thinking of the things she said in the films while I was writing this, but I would like to know what readers feel.

Stuart Mackey

Post by Stuart Mackey »

Darth Fanboy wrote:A question, how do you feel about the use of the Shmi Skywalker dialogue? I put it in because I kept thinking of the things she said in the films while I was writing this, but I would like to know what readers feel.
It was good. Sith or not, Vader or Skywalker he is still the same person, and this is pointed out in the novel of RotS. I have no doubt that memories of his previous persona would be with him, simply because he is still the same person.

--------------
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

A rough drawing of what Obi's helm looks like, or at least my original vision. Once I start skimming the cream off of UPF's SFX Budget (read: strippers and bourbon) we'll have something more proper I would hope.

Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

"Meesa officially protest! Weesa Gungans no do anything wrong!" Jar Jar was almost screaming the words as the squad of white armored stromtroopers entered the Naboo consulate.

"By orders of the Senate Mr. Binks." Came the reply in the all familiar clone voice. "You are under arrest for crimes of sedition relating to the protests on Naboo." The Clonetroopers raised their DC-15 rifles, keeping a safe distance from the dim witted but exceptionally strong gungan.

"But meesa only try to get help in Senate forsa my people! Gungans not do anything against the law! Yousa speak to Boss Nass heesa clear everyting up!" Jar Jar was now backing around his modest desk within the consulate, just outside of the office used by Senator Amidala.

"The Gungan leader has been convicted of Treason as well and has already been detained." More soldiers filled the hallway, bent on preventing any interference.

Jar Jar's head scanned across the room from left to right. "Then meesa surrender! Meesa request to be taken for trial on Naboo!"

"Since you are a Senator the jurisdiction belongs to the Federal Government, Senatorial Treason carries a minimum life sentence. An Imperial Tribunal has already convicted you in absence."

"Meesa was never told about no trial!" Jar Jar started opening drawers, praying that a blaster, or perhaps a thermal detonator was somewhere nearby. He found nothing except for a small ceremonial blade given to him after the Battle of Naboo. Then the idea flashed in his head. "Wait! Messa want to talk to General Skywalker! Heesa close personal friend!"

The clones paused, this situation had not been covered in the mission briefing. Suddenly, a Holotransmitter began beeping on Jar Jar's desk, the beleaguered Gungan pressed the button, hoping for an explanation to this mess, or perhaps even a way out. The gnarled and robed visage of Emperor Palpatine. "Chance....errr...Emperor Palpyteen! Youssa can essplain to the...."

Jar Jar's pleas were cut off as the Emperor turned to the Commander in the room. "Why haven't you dealt with him yet Commander?"

"Your highness, the subject has not yet surrendered, we are proceeding with the arrest but the Senator has demanded to appeal to General Skywalker." The reply was emotionless, crisp, flawlessy worded. Jar Jar knew there was no escape out of this one. If only Qui Gon, Or Obi Wan, or Ani would come through that door and save him as they had so many times before.

"Your orders come from me Commander, not from General Skywalker. Kill the Gungan and dispose of him and his effects." The transmission ended and Jar Jar's jaw dropped aghast. This time none of his friends would save him, not even Chancellor Palpatine, who had even admitted in private as much that he had owed Jar Jar a great deal for his support during the outbreak of the Clone Wars. The betrayal was one he had never expected, and as the clonetroopers raised their rifles to fire, he was beginning to wonder to himself if maybe he had been used...

Mas Amedda sat in the spa in his apartment flanked by a pair of Twi'lek dancing girls whose services he had purchased the night before. Life was good, a lot better than it had ever been under Valorum, whose incessant attention to the rules of office were as stifling as his own personality. At first, he had thought Palpatine would be no different, but the good Chancellor had been quite lax in his regulation of certain rules of office. Including rules about the use of taxpayer funds to fund the lifestyles of high ranking advisors. In fact, Palpatine himself had given his unspoken support for 'skimming the cream' so to speak, using the powers of his office and an excess of wartime funds to make incredibly opulent purchases. With the power and influence of the Chancellor's office and now the Emperor's throne behind him, the blue skinned Chagrian would be immune from prosecution for all time. To top all of that off, his position within the Empire had become even more important when he was named Grand Vizier of the Empire, much to the annoyment of his bureaucratic cohort Sate Pestage, Imperial Chief Auditor. Both men had competed for Palpatine's favor over the last ten years, and Mas Amedda had bested Pestage time and time again.

So it came to his great surprise when Pestage, flanked by stormtroopers, burst into his residence armed to the teeth, rummaging through his belongings without permission. He hadn't even managed to get out of the spa and into his robes before they had already begun to carry away several expensive antiquities he had purchased, using public funds of course.

"What is the meaning of this Pestage?" His voice boomed. "How dare you charge into the home of the Imperial Grnad Vizier like that! You will answer to the Emperor for this I guarantee it!"

Pestage's beady human eyes narrowed at the former Vice Chair and a nasty serpent's grin overcame his face. "The Emperor..." He snickered. "...has ordered this 'investigation' himself. Your office has been under scrutinty for some time. With the threat of the separatists isolated to the fringes of the galaxy we can now focus on more internal matters."

"Lies." Mas Amedda spat. "This is just another one of your tricks to discredit me in front of his majesty. What else could it be?" Amedda stepped closer towards Pestage when a pair of stormtroopers immediately flanked Pestage, aiming holdout blasters in Amedda's face and warning him to step back.

"If it was a lie, then how was I able to have soldiers assigned to me old friend? No, i'm afraid the Emperor has found you to be of little use to the New Order. Your time has come to an end."

"Palpatine would be a fool to have me stand trial! I know enough to bring his entire government down around him! He should be beggining me to keep quiet!" Amedda began waving his arms and baring his teeth in fury, causing the stormtroopers to step in front of Pestage and level their guns. Pestage held his hand in the air, keeping the clones from blocking his line of sight, laughing with that irritating rodent laugh he had always had.

"A trial? You still don't quite get it do you Amedda? I'm not here as head Auditor, i'm here as the Grand Vizier of the Empire. Here to inform you of your impending execution." Pestage turned to the nearest clone trooper. "Kill him, kill the twi'leks and any other potential witnesses."

"Wait! Pestage it doesn't have to be this way, we can make a deal! You soldiers! I'll pay you, don't kill me! You're making a mistake, I'll give you a fortune!"

Unfortunately for the former Vice Chair, the Kaminoans had made sure to instill a steep sense of loyalty into their creations. Not even the largest sum would sway one of their clones, from completing their mission. Mas Amedda continued to plead right up until he was shot to pieces.

Within his chambers on Coruscant, a pair of red robed Royal guards carried away the lifeless corpse of Sly Moore on the orders of their master. With Sly Moore dead there were few non humans left in Palpatine's inner circle, and none left that were not fully devoted to the new order. Moore had gone right to Palpatine's office upon hearing of Mas Amedda's death, along with several other Senator's he had courted personally during the Clone Wars. Now several of those same Senators had been bearing down on her as to why they were now being prosecuted by the government they themselves had propped up. Moore had gone to Palpatine asking for help, saving the Emperor's agents time in having to track her down.

In order to defeat the Jedi, Emperor Palpatine had enacted Order 66. When issued, the Order direct all of the clone soldiers serving under Jedi Commanders to turn against the Jedi, and for all of the forces within the Grand Army of the Republic to seek out and destroy any Jedi they would come across. Order 67 had a different target, but a similar objective. With the Jedi defeated and his political enemies curtailed Palpatine was now the most powerful man in the galaxy, and no longer did he require many of the underlings who he had used to consolidate his power, wresting control away from the tangled non-functioning mess that was the Senate. Using his loyal forces, anyone who knew secrets, anyone who could be an asset to dissenting movements was now an enemy of the Empire. Only the truly loyal servants, those dedicated to the New Order and to the Emperor would be spared. It was those servants who carried out Order 67.

From the view of his office high above Coruscant, Palpatine grinned as he felt his plans slowly moving forward through the Force. Those left from Valorum's old regime had finally been excised, bribed Senators who served no purpose were removed and killed now that the regional Governors were finally in place, and an old loose end from Naboo had finally been tied up as should have been done years ago. The days of the Senate were now numbered, once Tarkin's group finished the construction of the new battle station he would no longer need the Senate to act as his proxy. He would rule from the Death Star over every planet, and if his other plan continued to move along so smoothly, he would rule forever.

The capital city of Chandrila, Hanna, had become a very paranoid place. As Mon Mothma continued to brazenly travel the line between speaking out against the government and outright treason. She had spent as little time on Coruscant as possible, and instead preferred to spend time on Chandrila, where she and several other like-minded senators began forming the foundations to their rebellion.

She had counted on Bail Organa's help, despite being political opponents over the years they were of a common mind when it came to the tyranny of the Empire and she had hoped that he would agree that something had to be done. She was almost confident that if Bail had fully supported her and pressured Senator Bel Iblis more that he would have been inclined to join the cause, and bring with him soldiers and ships vital to fighting a rebellion. After their falling out, she had fully never expected to speak with him again, especially after cutting deals with Lot Dod, former envoy of the Trade Federation.

So when a hyperspace capable fighter transmitting an Alderaanian IFF code, painted in the colors of the Alderaanian Defense Force, entered the system, there was cause for surprise. Ground Control has relayed the encrypted message from Alderaanian General "Ben Cody" and made sure that the Senator Mothma was informed.

"I request an audience with Senator Mothma, there is a political situation on Alderaan I must discuss."

Obi Wan finished transmitting his message, he drew on the Force to guide his words, attempting to intrigue the Chandrilans enough to at the very least entertain his message. As he grew adjusted to his current condition, he found that he could still feel the Force and draw on it. Wether he would do so as easily or as powerfully as he could before was in question, but there was no doubt in his mind anymore of whether or not the Force was still with him.

It took a few complete orbits under close scrutiny from a trio of V-19 Torrent fighters, outdated by the V-Wing and redesignated to planetary defenses, before Obi Wan was granted landing clearance at the Hanna spaceport. Although the Belbullab-22 he was flying combined with his force-enhanced piloting skill was more than a match for the Chandrilan Navy, he was more than grateful to land without incident.

Upon landing several members of the Chandrilan guard provided an armed escort, something that Obi Wan was becoming gradually used to no matter what. There was a lot of uncertainty these days, and even those who protested war felt much safer with a cadre of loyal weapons protecting them. Many of the guards were unnerved by Obi Wan's appearance, not that they knew who he was or who he had been, but the mechanical appearance of Ben Cody was unsettling, especially in a culture that frowned upon cybernetic enhancements such as that of the core worlds.

They continued walking until entering a modest conference room with a long table, seated at the table were several figures Obi Wan could recognize as Galactic Senators. Mostly former Loyalists who had supported the Republic after Geonosis who initially supporte dPalpatine but later confronted them as his power grew beyond that of his office. Chi Eekway, Terr Taneel, Fang Zar, Male Dee, and seated in between those four was none other than Mon Mothma herself. A human woman who radiated confidence and determination, a woman who would do whatever it took in order to accomplish her goals. Obi Wan was grateful that she was on the side of democracy, and not of the Empire. She was finishing a short speech when Obi Wan caught her attention. She had been briefed of his impending arrival and had decided that she would speak to this man personally, Obi Wan wasn't entirely sure why but he considered himself fortunate that she did so.

"If you'll excuse me Senators I have to attend to a matter of business. Remember, we cannot allow our subgroups to know of one another. Their independence will be vital as we begin to grow in strength. Senator Dod has already delivered the first few cargoes and we can begin distributing the battledroids within a few weeks once our shipping infrastructure is up. I thank you all for your attendance."

The Senators began to file out of the room, nervous at outsiders witnessing their acts of sedition but calmed by Mon Mothma's apparent indifference to the unknown visitor. Mon Mothma stood and faced Kenobi, unaware that she had met him before during his days as a Jedi Knight.

"General...Cody is it? I find it very interesting that the supposed head of the Alderaanian Defense Force has arrived at this time, flying what appears to be a captured Confederate fighter. Tell me, what did Bail think he could accomplish by sending you?" She stood up, flicking a small switch that activated a holo recorder which allowed loyal security guards a view into the room. Obi Wan noticed, but said nothing, for it didn't matter.

"I assure you Senator my timing was a coincidence, and that Senator Organa did not send me. This is a mission of my own accord."

"Oh? What sort of mission would a member of a Planetary Defense Force have in an entirely different system? In a different sector no less."

"It has come to my attention that you and Senator Organa have had a falling out over your decision to go ahead and begin planning a revolution."

"I would expect a high ranking official from Alderaan to know that, that isn't anything new."

"I've come to let you know that Alderaan is disarming, all of the weapons of the Alderaanian Defense Forces aside from what is necessary for the defense of Alderaan itself is being sent off into unknown space, abandoned aboard three ships that are destined to become vagabonds."

Mon Mothma sat down again. Although this was in fact new information it did not come as a surprise, Bail had become a coward as of late and the majority of Alderaan was as pacifist as a population could be. Discarding their weapons would show the Empire how little of a threat they could be while at the same time pander to the whims of the pacifist elite. A shrewd move by Bail to stay in power she assumed. But then General Cody said something that caught her attention.

"I have recalibrated the slave circuits aboard the three ships so that they will be abandoned in an uncharted system. I will give you the coordinates of this system on one condition."

Mon Mothma placed her elbows on the table and clasped her hands, looking at this mysterious mechanized individual trying to read his motives. "What would that be General?" She asked. Obi Wan held out his left arm, a small compartment opened up from within it, and from it he removed a lightsaber. He clipped it to his belt and spoke.

"Let me lead your Rebellion."

Author's Note: On an updating frenzy due to a vivid imagination and a flood of great ideas. Don't forget to check out the rough sketch of Obi-Wan's helmet in the above post. As always comments and criticisms are appreciated.

Future Reasons to keep reading this fic: Aurra Sing and Asajj Ventress!
Last edited by Darth Fanboy on 2005-08-19 08:04am, edited 1 time in total.

darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Ooooh, tasty.
Stuart Mackey

Post by Stuart Mackey »

Oh, I say, monstrous good!!!.
I like how you treat Ben and his force abilities, nicely done indeed.

--------------
Perseid
Padawan Learner

Post by Perseid »

Getting good FanBoy, and i like the helmet for Obi-Wans armour very nice indeed. Keep up the good work.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Mon Mothma looked at the General, and activated another small button on her console and without warning a pair of Super Battledroids emerged from hidden wall panels. An additional security measure installed by Lott Dod's technicians, the Battle Droids could be integrated into the walls and disguised as inner circuitry and sound proofing equipment. Obi Wan sensed the danger and had his lightsaber in his hand and ignited his blade, Obi Wan had never enjoyed war but something about his sapphire blue blade was reassuring to him and it helped him maintain his focus and control his altered feel for the Force. There were only two droids but that him pinned in the middle in an enclosed space, sooner or later they sould manage to score a hit even if by luck. Obi Wan decided to end the conflict fast, calling on his telekinesis he hurled his blade with great speed perpendicular to the droid, the length of the blade managed to cut into the droids armor at the torso and the droid fell to the floor. In a split second Obi Wan turned and used the Force again, pushing the droid into the chamber it had emerged from and enveloping the Force around it, crushing it. Obi Wan turned again, expecting another attacker, only to see Mon Mothma calmly calling in for guards to come and remove the debris.

"Is this how you treat all your guests?" He replied, his mechanical rythmic breathing and synthesized voice making it sound as if he expended no effort.

Mon Mothma smiled and clasped her hands. "Perhaps when i'm older and wiser I will fully regret this Master Jedi, but there aren't any Jedi left these days. So when an unknown being with a masked appearance starts weilding a lightsaber asking me to employ him in treason, I expect a little proof. Surely you understand?"

Kenobi nodded simply to play nice. He didn't understand, he would never understand. If the people fighting the good fight in the galaxy began falling to the same levels of paranoia and anger of those opressing them, then perhaps this wasn't a galaxy worth fighting for anymore. Obi Wan deactivated his saber and pushed that thought out of his mind. He would always be a Jedi, and even in these dark times he would stay true to the Jedi Code.

"Hopefully you won't require any more...demonstrations."

"This was suitably impressive, again I apologize, however I cannot afford to have to deal with charlatans at this stage. We're too vulnerable at the moment, even with the generous contributions of Senator Dod and those other Senators. Though I fear that the events we ourselves set into motion all those years ago have made the Senate irrelevant, eventually the Senate will be disbanded and we'll be forced out into the open lest we allow the Empire to maintain their grip on our liberties."

There was something about Mon Mothma that struck Obi Wan as unquestionably genuine, something that made it past his general distrust of politicians. Before the war if he would have overheard a wealthy Senator speaking about concern for individual liberties he would have scoffed at it, the powerful and wealthy always had liberty. Perhaps that was why he came to Chandrila though, to find out wether or not the next war would be fought by patriots, or bankrolled by those who sought more power like the Separatists before them. Perhaps this had been a demonstration for Obi Wan also.

"General Cody was it?" Mon Mothma asked.

"An alias, there are certain figures in the Empire who believe I am dead at the moment and I would rather it stay that way." Obi Wan was not one for distorting the truth, but leaving out details as a way of keeping secrets had never offended him before. "For now Ben Cody will suffice."

"I can't say that I blame you General Cody, Bail proved more shrewd than I thought. Even the Bothans who ran your background check for me were inclined to believe the files they managed to access."

The two walked out of the room and into one of the grand foyers of the Chandrilan capital before stepping into a garden outside.

"Jamming equipment and other anti surveillance devices in the foliage, it is safe here. General Cody before I put you in any kind of position within this organization, I need your total assurance that you can function with former Separatists, even people you might have fought against and that you will not object to using Droid forces in the upcoming conflict."

"You have the word of a Jedi, which I would hope even in times like this would mean something."

Mon Mothma smiled. "If you believe the news coming from Coruscant, then no, but then again I haven't believed anything Coruscant says for a while now."

Mon Mothma turned and stepped away for a fe moments, looking up at the endless blue sky as if waiting for it to give her a response. Before long she turned to Obi Wan and smiled.

"Welcome to the Rebel Alliance."

Oovo IV had a reputation throughout the galaxy for two reasons. If one were to ask a member of the planetary board of tourism they would be most likely to discuss the championship podraces held. Because of the planet's low gravity, the races tend to be quite exciting as racers of different species compete for prizes and glory. However, if one were to ask one of the galaxy's less reputable denizens, you would learn of the fortesses that make up the planetary prison complex.

One of several maximum security detention facilities throughout the Republic, and one reserved for the most notorious of criminals. Rumored to be so tight with their security that not even a Hutt could operate on the inside, and Oovo IV did have the largest pirson bloc in the Republic, although newer facilities were now under construction by the Empire in the Despayre and Kessel systems would dwarf Oovo eventually. Oovo for the time being was not only one of the largest prisons in use, but also held the distinction of having the most diverse number of specialized holding blocs in the galaxy. Hutts, Wookies, Quarren, and at one point in the prison's past it was used to hold Mandalorians. One wing in particular though was quite notable. The official name was Block TK421, unofficially it was known as "The Black Hole".

The Hole, as was the term used between guards, was a specially designed cell block for the most violent prisoners and lethal beings and rumor has it that it was designed by Jedi Architects. It seemed little different from your standard maximum security isolation wing, but this part of the facility had a long history of interring Force Users. For many years the Jedi had submitted force sensitive prisoners to justice and at several points in history they had become a problem on the inside as the Jedi managed to lock away more and more especially talented force users. Fallen Jedi who had killed in anger but spared mercy, Force Sensitive Non-Jedi attempting to gain power, even the occaisional con artist who had a limited ability to read thoughts were deemed to dangerous for the general population. The entire wing was monitored only by non-combat droids (only guards were allowed weapons even before the threat of CIS droid armies), guards of species trained to resist the Force such as Toydarians, and personnel specially conditioned to resist Force techniques.

In the years prior to the clone wars there had been very few prisoners who qualified for The Hole, in fact so few that the warden had considered moving more and more dangerous inmates into the unoccupied cells to keep the more violent inmates in check. Then the Clone Wars came, and Oovo IV once again held a prisoner strong in the Force. After an incident on the planet Devaron involving an assaniated Senator a Jedi Knight by the name of Aayla Secura had fought against the reknowned Jedi Hunter Aurra Sing. Sing had been responsible for the murder of many Jedi, but Secura managed to defeat her and bring her to justice, justice which included a lengthy sentence in the prison on Oovo IV. Within her cell, she sat alone constantly plotting her escape. No materials were availiable to her to scavenge any sort of useful weapon, and even if she managed to escape into the hallway the passage would flood with a mixture of paralyzing gases before she could get far.

The lights that lined the hallways fizzled slightly, every day during the local midnight (1500 hours Coruscant Standard) the power would sputter only slightly as the guards began their prison wide deep scan of the entire facility. At this time of night, it was most efficient to use the power hungry equipment used to ensure the status of every inmate, but for Aurra it was the only way she had of keeping track of the days. Her meals were brought to her with irregularity so that she could not plan an escape around a certain time. She looked up at the light, sometimes the soft glow was the only thing that kept her from truly going mad. Fenn Booda, the warden, had promised her preferential treatment in exchange for information regarding the Separatists. But by the time Booda had got around to interrogating her the war was already in it's twilight hours following the death of Count Dooku. The Republic had little need for information on the whereabouts of a man who had just become a fresh corpse.

Minutes later, the lights flickered again. Aurra looked up, thinking to herself of how odd that was. It had been the first break in the monotony of her sentence. Even something as trivial as that was cause for consideration as the lights flickered again. Aurra's senses spoke to her, telling her that something was actually amiss. A normal person would have simply guessed something was wrong with the lights, but a normal person didn't have the insights of the Force to aid them. Moments later, the faint sounds of blasterfire could be heard down the hall. Whatever was going on it was happening just down the long corridor on the side of the large blast doors and through the gauntlet of energy barriers that sealed it. Suddenly the barriers themselves began to flicker, until they fully dissipated. Now the only thing that separated Aurra Sing from freedom, and whatever was taking place in the prison, was a half meter thick slab of transparisteel with a blast resistant transparisteel door. She could see fine, but was still restrained. In desperation she applied the Force to the door, pressing all of her weight against it. During her training as a youngling in the Jedi Temple every one of the teachers tried to impress in the students that size did not matter. Obviously none of them had ever actually compared lifting pebbles to knocking down a prison cell door. She bore down with everything she had, her body straining as more energy flowed through her. Her hatred of the Jedi fueled her, hatred twoards the Dark Woman, and that Twi'lek that had imprisoned her in the Hole. If the clone wars hadn't yet claimed them, then she would.

The joints on the door finally began to give way, and Aurra pressed harder. But the pain was too great even with her added rage fueling her strength and she collapsed, but not before she managed tobreak several parts of the doors internal security mechanisms. Aurra cursed at herself, her failure would be her undoing. Within seconds the gas mix would begin flowing, and she was still trapped in her cell. She tore a shred off of her sleeve and put it to her mouth, hoping to delay the poisons as much as possible while using the Force to create any kind of resistance she could. Smoke began to fill the room, but through the haze Aurra could make out a pair of red lights, possibly guardsmen coming to secure her cell. But the lights looked wrong, they were too long and narrow, they almost looked like lightsaber blades. Aurra nearly burst out laughing when she thought that, and she wasn't sure if the gas was entirely responsible for that. But the lights drew closer and suddenly Aurra realized that they could be nothing other than lightsabers, twin blades with a crimson hue just as her blade had been.

She couldn't entirely recognize the bald woman who held the blades, but she recognized the look of a predator when she saw it. Fierce eyes narrowed in a determined gaze, a stance indicating that she was ready to strike down anyone who appeared hostile. From the darkness seeping from her it was obvious she wasn't a Jedi. Aurra wondered if she had come to kill her, perhaps seeking vengeance ofr a master she had killed long before. The irony was not lost on her as she tried to stand and face this new threat. But the bald woman did not approach her, instead she reached into a pocket and produced a small rebreather, Aurra recognized it as something a Jedi might carry on a mission in an inhospitable environement. Aurra did n't hesitate to ask, she lunged for it and put it in her mouth and breathed a sigh of sweet oxygen into her lungs as the rebreather's filters removed the toxins from the air around her. The captor switched off one of her lightsabers and tossed the deactivated hilt over to Aurra as well. Through the Force she spoke.

"Aurra Sing I presume. Don't even try and double cross me. I have gone to great expense to get you out of here but I will not be killed as easily like those Jedi Sheep. Understand?"

Aurra nodded and returned the favor. "The same goes for you...whoever you are."

Even with the rebreather in her mouth the predator smiled. "The name is Asajj Ventress, and we have much to discuss."

The Dark Jedi Femme Fatales worked together, methodically carving their way through the prison as the guards fought valiantly to contain them while at the same time quelling the near riot that was brewing in the cells. They managed to battle their way out of the prison itself and into one of the nearby facilities which accomodated the prison shuttles and escort starfighters. Aurra was about to break for a grounded V-Wing fighter, but Ventress waved her off.

"You'll never make it out of the atmosphere, they've rigged every Shuttle to explode by remote in case of a breakout."

Aurra turned and angrily replied. "Do you have any other kriffing way off of this rock?"

At that moment a contingent of Stormtroopers burst into the room spraying supressive autmoatic fire, forcing the two women behind cover. From her crouched position behind a starfighter, Ventress shouted "I've made arrangements, but we have to hurry before its discovered. Combining their force talents, and taking advantage of the low gravity of Oovo they lifted a fighter from the ground and literally tossed it, scattering the pursuing clones across the hangar bay. Again drawing upon the Force they fled from the hangar at great speed to an outdoor landing bay where Aurra saw an incredibly odd looking fighter just touching down and landing, one she could only recognize from accounts and descriptions. Distinctively Geonosian in design, but different from the narrow starfighters that had become familiar to people watching holographic accounts of the war, this was none other than the sloop used by Count Dooku himself. How did this woman obtain it? It didn't matter to Aurra, as she and her benefactor climbed into the craft and settled in near the FA-4 pilot droid, who launched as soon as they were aboard. Fighters were scrambled, but not in time as the sloop deployed its unique solar sail and vanished into hyperspace.

The shuttle carrying Anakin and Yoda travelled right for the very airbase where Anakin had landed the cripped CIS flagship Invisible Hand, their route took them near the former site of the Jedi Temple, which was now a cordoned off area of wreckage monitored by Stormtroopers who sifted through every bit of wreckage by hand. The Emperor had ordered the thorough destruction of everything, and the ruins had to be searched lest anything managed to survive. Yoda resisted the urge to see the rubble that had been his home for hundreds of years. Throughout the entire journey Anakin had said nothing, not even the boasting yoda would have expected in this situation. Yoda hadn't said anything either, as he readied his mind for the trial to come. As they began their final approach though Anakin did speak.

"Have you ever heard of the tragedy of 'Darth Plageuis the Wise' Master Yoda?" Anakin asked, with an emotionless but hardened gaze unlike his former self.

"Unfamiliar with it I am."

"I thought you might say that, it is the story of a powerful Sith Lord who gained the ability to influence life itself, so that he could save people from dying."

Anakin turned to Yoda, looking down at the shackled Jedi. "He was stronger than death, he could keep people from dying. Soon I will be as well."

Yoda finally began making the connections, and began developing a picture of how Anakin Skywalker had been corrupted. The premonitions Anakin had asked about after the Battle of Coruscant, the almost brazen desire for power Anakin had displayed during those final days after being appointed to the council, and the revelation to the galaxy that Padme Amidala, now Padme Amidala Skywalker, was pregnant. All this time the Chosen One had been living a double life, one of selflessness and one of attachment. A stronger recipe for the Dark Side there wasn't, a Jedi of great skill bound and determined to protect the ones they loved at all costs. Yoda had seen it before, for some Jedi, the price of turning to the Dark Side was nothing compared to protecting their loved ones or seeking out vengeance.

"Promised you were, this power, by Palpatine were you?"

Anakin finally faced Yoda, scowling. "Whenever I looked to the Jedi teachings for answers all I recieved were more questions. My master gave me answers, not just how to save people from death, but how to restore order to this galaxy the Jedi have coddled for so long."

Yoda had no intention of debating philosophy with Anakin at this point. "Nothing I can say to you there is, that would convince you, of turning from this path."

"Tell me, do the Jedi have a way of conquering death?"

"A way all Jedi have, There is no death, there is only the Force."

Anakin slammed his metallic fist against the wall of the craft with an loud bang against the metal. There were many things he wanted to shout at the top of his lungs. He ragained his composure, and with an icy stare directly at Yoda he spoke. "For your sake, you had better cling to your teachings as hard as you can when you have this discussion with my Master." Anakin ended his sentence just as the shuttle touched down on the duracrete landing pad, and as they stepped out of the shuttle, Yoda took a long look at the sky, hoping that it wouldn't be too long before he saw it again.

Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

I like. I like alot. I want more.

I really enjoy the way you follow the threads without quite bringing them together; the introduction of the new Aurra thread was somewhat at odds wtih the flow of the story, but I trust you will integrate it more into the storyline at a later date.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Surlethe wrote:I like. I like alot. I want more.

I really enjoy the way you follow the threads without quite bringing them together; the introduction of the new Aurra thread was somewhat at odds wtih the flow of the story, but I trust you will integrate it more into the storyline at a later date.
Its really more of a Ventress thread than an Aurra Sing thread, as will be depicted but I liked the idea of writing that piece from Aurra's perspective more so. One of the things I am trying to do with this story is to tie up loose ends as well and Asajj Ventress is definitely one of them, however not only will that part be integrated but I think not only will readers enjoy the outcome, but see where it makes sense in retrospect.

Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Post by Sidewinder »

Who is Ventress working for? Herself? The Hutts? The Rebels? Palpatine? A combination of the above?

Is Ventress' goal vengeance against Skywalker? Does she still seek to be recognized as a Sith Lord-- possibly by killing Vader and replacing him as Sidious' apprentice-- or does she want to destroy the Sith to punish Dooku's betrayal and abandonment?

And how does Aurra feel about the Sith? "The enemy of my enemy is my friend?" "They who destroyed my enemies will become my enemy in time, and must be destroyed before they destroy me?"

Those gun nuts do not understand the meaning of "overkill," and will simply use weapon after weapon of mass destruction (WMD) until the monster is dead, or until they run out of weapons.

They have more WMD than there are monsters for us to fight. (More insanity here.)
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Answers cannot be given without massively spoiling what I have for the next two chapters, and possibly part of the larger picture i'm painting.

Addendum: REsponse to the post below this one (trying to keep postcount down)

REsponse to said fic was...lukewarm at best. I enjoyed the praise from the people who did respond though, and i'll write more for it when I need a break from this fic & UPF.
Last edited by Darth Fanboy on 2005-08-20 12:48am, edited 1 time in total.

Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Post by Sidewinder »

By the way, do you plan on continuing your Gundam/Transformers crossover? I admit to having a fetish for giant robots beating/shooting/bombing the scrap out of each other.

If so, will Starscream appear? Considering how ambitious he is, I picture him in charge of a rogue faction-- Gobot Renegades, maybe? Destrons or Destrongers from the Japanese series?-- that plans to take over once the Decepticons/Zeon/Feds/Autobots bleed each other white in the war. Maybe he'll offer to help Megatron-- or even Optimus-- to gain access to the resources he needs.

Perseid
Padawan Learner

Post by Perseid »

Nice chapter FanBoy, now gimme more!
Zed Snardbody
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zed Snardbody »

It was the best part of my lunch hour, though I did get a bit lost at the end as I have no idea who that chracter is.
The Zen of Not Fucking Up.
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

You have made some very interesting connections with this fiction. Nice work.
Not all Dacians died at Sarmizegetusa