Tales of Liberty (UPDATED 08/20/05)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Ice
Padawan Learner

Tales of Liberty (UPDATED 08/20/05)

Post by Ice »

Update (20AUG05): http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... 59#1759759

Well, I'm trying my own limited hand at a comic idea I had going about last night. With my PC version of GTA3, I made a few screenshots and shared them as is. Well, this time around I made some more, but edited them into a "comic" form. My first attempt is up, and I'm just wondering what everyone thinks.

I actually wouldn't made doing a "real" comic based on Liberty City, but this assumes I can; unlike most, I'm taking mine straight from the game. Since I can only control me, and only have limited camera control, this would be a very difficult prospect, to say the least; I'd either have to employ judicious use of different skins (and a ton of shots) to get various scenes from multiple people...as well as somehow manipulating in game people and events (such as bystanders, cops, etc) if I wanted anything like a "real" comic.

Needless to say, that would be very difficult indeed. So I guess I'll just do my best with these "monolouge" type of things; I have some ideas which will still be a bitch to employ, but nowhere near as bad as a real comic with it's own story going on.

Anyway, without further ado, may I present to you all...

Tales of Liberty - My Grand Theft Auto 3 comic
Updated: 31 July 2004
Last edited by Ice on 2005-08-20 03:17pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Honor isn't about making the right choices. It's about dealing with the consequences." - Midori Koto
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Is there just one page?
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Ice
Padawan Learner

Post by Ice »

Rye wrote:Is there just one page?
Not anymore there's not. New comic and other stuff added.
"Honor isn't about making the right choices. It's about dealing with the consequences." - Midori Koto
Mitth`raw`nuruodo
Harry Potter on Acid

Post by Mitth`raw`nuruodo »

Seems interesting. I await more. :)
<< SEGNOR: Grand Admiral of the Gnomish Hordes >< GALE: Equal Opportunity Lover >< SDNet Keeper of the Lore >< Great Dolphin Conspiracy >>
My Audioscrobbler

Cult of Vin Diesel - When you mix Vin Diesel with a strong acid you get salt water.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Mitth`raw`nuruodo wrote:Seems interesting. I await more. :)
Yes, more...if I can deal with the problems.

But you know what annoys me most? Vice City (PS2 version at least) has a feature to turn off the Map and the HUD thingies...the exact feature I'd really need for this!!! :x

That and not having it in fucking first person shooter mode, and having the "free look" option that the PS2 version has (kinda like first person view, so I could get shots of others without having to try and cut myself out too). Gah!

Either that or learn how to port the PS2 version onto my computer so I can take screenshots off of it...

Any computer/gaming wizes out there know anything? Either a patch to give some stuff like that to GTA3, or to get the PS2 version to run on a computer, or something? Anyone?

Ah well, there is one comic I can try doing, but it'll be difficult as hell to pull off. That I'm gonna try doing a real scripting thing, to work out re-writes and stuff. And re-write the first two as well (already got a real good idea for a re-write of the first one).

Anyone who cares to help out on that would be eternally appreciated for their work. :)
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Ice
Padawan Learner

Post by Ice »

Updated it. Quite extensively I might add. Three comics, trailers as I prefer to call them. I even redid the first two, basically rewrites and with a new font and all. And added a third comic.

Oddly enough, the order I created them is the exact opposite of the order they should be in chronologically. :D

I also rewrote the main page, adding a Thomas Jefferson quote I think fits the general theme of the comic, as well as rewwording the introduction to make it fit in better with the overall theme of the site.

Comments and feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Additionally, I haven't the slightest idea if this is really A&P material or FanFic. It's kind of both: artwork of a sort (making the screencaps and editing them), but also a story (one which I hope to begin as soon as I can). Oh well, I leave it to the Mod's discretion on that matter.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Not too shabby. I like.

I also like the sig, by the way. :wink:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Well, if anyone remembers, I'm working on trying to make a webcomic utilizing the Grand Theft Auto 3 game. This has evolved into using the Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City engine (a really well done fane created port of GTA3 into Vice City PC's engine).

With the new engine comes a new look to it (as well as some new capabilities I lacked before). But most important is the new style it brings to my images. Thus far I have done two conversions, one for the site's banner and the other for one of the "teasers" for the comic. And I'm looking for opinions on them from the board as a whole.

First, the banners

And secondly, one of the teaser comics 56K beware!

Thanks for any and all feedback. Also, anyone know if JPG or GIF would be a better way to make the images smaller?
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

I don't really like that font you used...
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:I don't really like that font you used...
If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears.

DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

RogueIce wrote:
DPDarkPrimus wrote:I don't really like that font you used...
If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears.
Something not cursive. Something easier to read.

Not Comic Sans.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.