Verdigris Complete (see pg 4) (56K warn)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Pick
Sith Marauder

Verdigris Complete (see pg 4) (56K warn)

Post by Pick »

Well, I haven't been doing too much art lately (busy bee) but I've got this done, so I thought I'd share.

As per the usual, Copic markers and white ink along with Copic multiliners.

This character is Verdigris, she's all mine, and she's looking a lot more angsty than she really is. She's a real bitch though Image

She'll get a background when I have time, and when I think of one. Maybe. :| I need to fix some shading on her too, but I'll wait on that for a bit.

And now some sketches, most of which were done in Driver's Ed in sheeeeer boredoooooommmm...

Quickie done to see if I could use red-violets instead of violet-reds

Silliness

More silliness. Yay hatred and violence! In chibi form.

And then a really quick one

And then another Driver's Ed doodle of Edge

:P Uhm, there you go. All characters from a prolonged, mostly cute, story idea I'm tinkering with.

And I'm not neglecting those who have commissions out. As I said, most of these were done in Driver's Education. The sketch versions of ALL of these were, and a lot of the inking.
Last edited by Pick on 2005-09-18 10:50pm, edited 12 times in total.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

God damn...

Aces, Pick. Pure aces.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

The only good thing about Driver's Ed is that it counts for half of the required practice hours needed for a license.

How strong are those horns? Are they kinda brittle and not meant to be hit, or could she run people through with them? They look pretty vicious.

Oh, and the pics are Image as usual.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Uraniun235 wrote:The only good thing about Driver's Ed is that it counts for half of the required practice hours needed for a license.

How strong are those horns? Are they kinda brittle and not meant to be hit, or could she run people through with them? They look pretty vicious.
1. Yup, that's why I'm in it. Still.... Aaaargh!

2. Hhhmmmmm, they're pretty strong. Definitely not merely decorative, but if you pull on 'em hard enough, they'll break off. :twisted: They've also got a grain to them, so they're actually more apt to split than to snap off, kind of like wood.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

You color real purty.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Those are awesome.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Seriously, how do I sell my soul to to get drawing skills like that? Because seriously, Pick, you totally rock. I have no words.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Absolutely brilliant, as always. But you remembered the pants this time! :P
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Zaia wrote:Absolutely brilliant, as always. But you remembered the pants this time! :P
Much to some people's chagrin, I'm sure :lol:
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Holy. Fuck. :shock:

Those are awesome, Pick. You have the folds in the clothes down.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Daaamn, that's some skill, Pick. Sure, I doodled during boring classes in high school, but daaaamn,
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Pick wrote:
Zaia wrote:Absolutely brilliant, as always. But you remembered the pants this time! :P
Much to some people's chagrin, I'm sure :lol:
What's this, are you calling me a pervert now? Huh?! HUH?! *puts up fists* :P

Seriously, you rock. Don't give this up, babe. Not many people have the talent you do. :luv:
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Zaia wrote: What's this, are you calling me a pervert now? Huh?! HUH?! *puts up fists* :P

Seriously, you rock. Don't give this up, babe. Not many people have the talent you do. :luv:
:lol: I wasn't thinking you, buuuut.... just kidding :P. Thanks for the compliments, I really appreciate it!

And not just from Zaia, I really am very glad the rest of you like it so much too! :luv: Thanks, everybody!
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

Nice, VERY nice, Pick.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Most impressive! If I didn't know you did it I'd've sworn it came out of a book of fantasy illustrations.

Her left hand looks a bit off, though, like it should be holding a weapon.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

HOLY <insert badword here>!!!

I wish I could do that with figures, but even my technical drawings aren't as good as yours, Pick. I know a superior when I see one.
Image Image
Erik von Nein
Jedi Council Member

Post by Erik von Nein »

Sweet. Lots of detail on the one you inlined in the thread here. I'm digging them. How long have you been drawing for?
"To make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the universe."
— Carl Sagan

Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

the jawline looks kinda strong for a lady.
I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

I was just looking at the pic again and the sheer amount of detail in the hair alone amazes me.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Dillon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Dillon »

Utterly amazing. I wish I had a fraction of your skill in art.
Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

I've got a question. How long does it take you to do this stuff?
I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Tasoth wrote:I've got a question. How long does it take you to do this stuff?
Pick has a very good speed with her work, at least by my take on it, and matched against quality.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

My earlier words did not give sufficient justice:

Pick, you have true and genuine talent, and I say that without reservation.

Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Pick, rock on!

...any chance we'll be seeing more work regarding Edge? :wink:
JADAFETWA
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Tasoth wrote:I've got a question. How long does it take you to do this stuff?
Well she said that this was done during drivers ed, so that couldn't be more than 45 minutes or so for that piece.