A Title for RoTS Alternate Ending Fic

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Best Title Idea?

Scars of Mustafar
43%
The Dark Times
35%
Desperate Measures
4%
Birth of the New Order
9%
Other (Please Specify)
9%

Total votes: 23

Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

A Title for RoTS Alternate Ending Fic

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Well I was scouring the fanfic forum and I saw that Surlethe had updated the title of his fic as well. Now I realize, after consulting the wisest and most smartest person on the board (Z, you rule), that the title of said fic is too vague and generic. So with the help of readers I'm asking what do you want it to be called? I'll be putting up a poll with a few options but before you vote if you have any others you'd like to submit please do.

Here are a few i'm playing with:

-Scars of Mustafar: A reference as to how one out of the way world and its scorched landscape changed the galaxy, especially in that one moment where everything changed.

-The Dark Times: Sort of a nod to Obi Wan in ANH, when he says "Before the Dark Times, Before the Empire"

"For a thousand generations, the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the Dark Times. Before the Empire."

-Desperate Measures: Referring to the extreme lengths that those opposing the Empire are taking, and the lengths Palpatine is going to in order to purge opposition.

-Starcrossed: Has a nice catch to it.

-Birth of the New Order: basically just a nod to the Emperor's NEw ORder

-Other: PLEASE SPECIFY! If someone nominates a better title, feel free to vote for that.

*Also not that any variation of these titles is ok, so if a slight change makes one awesome, please let me know.
Last edited by Darth Fanboy on 2005-08-22 10:09am, edited 1 time in total.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Desperate Measures out of the ones listed.

Although I'd suggest 'Desperate Times' for the title of the first arc, and save 'Desperate Measures' for the second, if any.

Scars of Mustafar does have a poetic ring to it though.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

consequences wrote:Desperate Measures out of the ones listed.

Although I'd suggest 'Desperate Times' for the title of the first arc, and save 'Desperate Measures' for the second, if any.

Scars of Mustafar does have a poetic ring to it though.
There are three more arcs planned after this one.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Go with scars man.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

The Dark Times.

It works because it's slightly vague nature.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Perseid
Padawan Learner

Post by Perseid »

I think it should be Dark Times, it just sounds good and seems to be the right title for the fic.
Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Post by Sidewinder »

Nights of Judgement.

Considering what the words "Day of Judgement" brings to mind, it might work-- it worked for "Terminator 2", didn't it?
Please do not make Americans fight giant monsters.

Those gun nuts do not understand the meaning of "overkill," and will simply use weapon after weapon of mass destruction (WMD) until the monster is dead, or until they run out of weapons.

They have more WMD than there are monsters for us to fight. (More insanity here.)
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

I need at least 4 or 5 more votes before I can decide. I BELIEVE IN YOU GUYS (and gals)

Zaia
Inamorata

Re: A Title for RoTS Alternate Ending Fic

Post by Zaia »

Darth Fanboy wrote:Now I realize, after consulting the wisest and most smartest person on the board (Z, you rule), that the title of said fic is too vague and generic.
:mrgreen:

I voted for Birth of the New Order, because I think "Dark Times" might get confused with "Fast Times" (assuming that ever gets updated, bunch o' slackers), and Scars is cool, except that Mustafar makes me think of Mustafa from The Lion King. And although he's scary for a cartoon, it doesn't work for me for this. And Desperate Measures reminds me of Desperate Housewives, and that's just plain bad. :D
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

I know the voting seems to have pretty much concluded, but I had another title idea or two I think everyone should know about.

"Tears of the Force"

"Vader's Wrath"

Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

Of the ones listed, I like "The Dark Times" best, followed close by "Birth of The New Order".
Not all Dacians died at Sarmizegetusa