fun in the sun( pic heavy)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

dragon
Sith Marauder

fun in the sun( pic heavy)

Post by dragon »

Well we just finished our lastest training event a reflexive fire. This is where you react to enemy while on patrol. For us this was where we all lined up and walked down range and when the command go was given we raised our weapons and shot 2 to the chest 1 to the head and keeped moving and firing from 30m out to five meters. This was fun considering we normal just lay on the ground shoot a stationary target. Of course we are all signal that never get out in the field hell we dont even have a humvee. Oh we also did angle and running and shooting of course the nco went and hide at that point.

First round all lined up ready to go.

Walking and shooting at a side target no pointing loaded and weapons at the guy infront.

and a few others
All in all fun except it got hot enough that rounds started to cook off in the rifles.
Last edited by dragon on 2005-08-23 08:20am, edited 1 time in total.
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

hum pics are bigger than the should be.
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

I can't believe they let you go downrange while they had live ammo. If I had done that I'd lose my stripes faster than Courtney Love does a line of coke,
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
WyrdNyrd
Jedi Knight

Post by WyrdNyrd »

CmdrWilkens wrote:I can't believe they let you go downrange while they had live ammo. If I had done that I'd lose my stripes faster than Courtney Love does a line of coke,
It looks as if their guns don't have magazines for those shots, so I'm guessing they're posed. The pictures from behind show guns with magazines loaded.

Why's the one guy firing a pistol?

Why's the one magazine bright yellow?
WyrdNyrd
Jedi Knight

Post by WyrdNyrd »

Oh, I also meant to say: Real cool pics, I like!

Another question: It seems that some of the mags are straight, while others are "banana". Is that just a trick of the photo, or are they really using different kinds of magazine? Maybe normal/high-capacity?
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

WyrdNyrd wrote:Oh, I also meant to say: Real cool pics, I like!

Another question: It seems that some of the mags are straight, while others are "banana". Is that just a trick of the photo, or are they really using different kinds of magazine? Maybe normal/high-capacity?
Yes.

The yellow magazine is probably unimportant, just a regular mag that got spray-painted yellow for some reason, perhaps to mark it as exclusive for range use if anybody forgets theirs and has to borrow one or something like that.

Speaking of which, I found a magazine pack off an ALICE vest or whatever they call them nowadays of my brother's... two loaded M-16 mags in there. Not quite sure what to do with those except squirrel 'em away somewhere... :?
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

The pics taken from the front was the pratice run.

The person with the pistol was the Company Captain.

As for the clips we had different types for no reason. Being a non deployable signal unit we use what ever we had.

Most units have an animisty program for live rounds or if nothing else call them up and say I found these you want them back.
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

Why are you guys still using -A2's? I thoght we phased them out completely and replaced it with the M4 with the exception of the A2/203?
Zed Snardbody
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zed Snardbody »

M16 A2 are still common, though they are being phased out in favor of the A3/A4 variant. The USMC is almost exclusivly equiped with A3/A4's now if I recall correctly.

edit: and it looks like some of those weapons have a 20 round box magazine that hasn't been in use outside of bases and training since vietnam.
The Zen of Not Fucking Up.
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Zed Snardbody wrote:M16 A2 are still common, though they are being phased out in favor of the A3/A4 variant. The USMC is almost exclusivly equiped with A3/A4's now if I recall correctly.
You would be incorrect as I can still show you my ordnace receipt card for an -A2. THe rest of my company is issued A2s and I have YET to meet another Marine POG who is equipped with an M4 or an -A3/4. Now the grunts I don't know about but POGs I can speak to.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Zed Snardbody
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zed Snardbody »

I'll defer to you on that point of course.

M16 A4

# 1983. US Marine Corps adopted the M61A2 rifle.
# 1985. US Army officially adopted the M16A2 as the general issue infantry rifle.
# 1988. The FN Manufacturing Co, an US subsidiary of the FN Herstal (Belgium), becomes the key contractor to US DoD for production of the M16A2 rifles. Colt continues the development and manufacture of the AR-15 / M16 type rifles only for civilian and law enforcement markets from that point.
# 1994. Adoption of the latest variations of the M16 breed. Those include: M16A3and M16A4 rifles, with "flat top" receivers, that had a Picatinny accessory rails in the place of the integral carrying handle. The rail can be used to mount detachable carrying handle with iron rear sights, or various sighting devices (Night/IR, optics etc). The M16A4 otherwise is similar to M16A2, while M16A3 has a full-auto capability instead of the 3-rounds burst. Two other newest AR-15 offsprings are the M4 and M4A1 carbines, which are described in the separate article on this site.
The Zen of Not Fucking Up.
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Oh they exist but they haven't been procurred in numbers sufficent to get down to arming the POGs with them. Now the Tankers and Trackers I've met have M4s and I've seen a few -A4s but only wiht the grunts. I think right now everyone is waiting to see if we're gonna go with a new caliber or forge ahead with the OICW as the next generation rifle.

-Kingdom of Heaven
Sr.mal
Jedi Knight

Post by Sr.mal »

I can tell you this, in my unit there are no A4s, only A2s. Probably because we are only a support unit, not a combat unit. The only time Our A2s will be replaced, is when the M-8 is issued. God I love H&K.
Ever since I was a scumdog, I blew a cum-wad.
I need a mother-fucking suckadickalickalong
A drunk, a pervert, a junkie and a sodimizer.
But you can call me the salaminizer
-The Salaminzer by GWAR
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

just be thankful they don't still issue you vietnam era ammo. :x

(yeah were lowbid contractors, let use old powder that changed it's chemical composition, no one will notice.)

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:just be thankful they don't still issue you vietnam era ammo. :x

(yeah were lowbid contractors, let use old powder that changed it's chemical composition, no one will notice.)
I think they have. Last summer we had a high number of misfires and cook off and the weapons had only been fired a few times.