They want to delete us again

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

He's not the VFD nominator.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

Seems like you're right ... he still voted for our deletion though.

It would be interesting to know who was behind this obvious smere campaign. Are the use of sock-puppets common at wikipedia? I can't believe that we just 'happen' to get put up for deletion by random people every few weeks. It's not exactly a popular article...
"I'm personally against seeing my pictures and statues in the streets - but it's what the people want." - Saparmurat Niyazov
"I'm not good in groups. It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent." - Q
HAB Military Intelligence: Providing sexed-up dodgy dossiers for illegal invasions since 2003.
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Regardless of the amount of VfDs it's been through in the past (while that is a legit. concern), what makes the immature kids with a vendetta think they'll have more voters if they demand a recount?

Didn't work for Al Gore either.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Isn't there the chance that this crap keeps going on for long enough that the Wiki could grant the entry some kind of immunity? I swear I've seen that done before.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Zadius
Jedi Knight

Post by Zadius »

I voted Keep. I'm Vagodin on Wikipedia.
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Keep. Lordy why is the vote even active? It shouldn't be even considered.

P.S. found out why they can do this:
Wikipedia VFD Page wrote:This page is an archive of the discussion about the proposed deletion of the article below. This page is no longer live. Further comments should be made on the article's talk page rather than here so that this page is preserved as an historic record.
The result of the debate was - no consensus, vote so marred by sockpuppetry and outsiders that it might be best to rerun it at a later date. - SimonP 22:50, Jun 13, 2005 (UTC)
So, they're re-running it now, it seems.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

We-ell, damn. Voted again; split article into different sections again in anticipation of asinine commentary again. This was old the first fucking time.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Voted.

Again.

Fucktards... (mumbles something about stupid fucking asshats with vendettas and why E. Sn0 needs to monkeyspanky his spankymonkey...)
Image Image
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

The comment by Vagodin should be the freaking death knell in these "vanity" and "irrelevant" folks arsenal but they'llignore it and keep trying. Seriously wtf get a life and stop pissing in other people's palm trees.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Apparently I have a hard-on for Mike Wong. So says one of the voters.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

I love some of the idiot reasoning people give.

"no consensus is not a keep result"

Oh, gee, you mean having the majority vote favor keeping the article in two previous VFD attempts is irrelevent?

CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

I'm "springheel jack" over there. Interesting how the only delete vote advocates putting all wiki-articles into one large article.
ImageImage
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

Mention that Something Awful and GameFaqs both have big entries on their forums.
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

HemlockGrey wrote:Mention that Something Awful and GameFaqs both have big entries on their forums.
We did that last time. It got "inconclusive" or whatever.
ImageImage
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

What the fuck is going on? Three delete votes in a row all accusing the keep voters of sockpuppetry. I smell something nasty.

Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Alyeska wrote:What the fuck is going on? Three delete votes in a row all accusing the keep voters of sockpuppetry. I smell something nasty.
That probably means the delete voters are sockpuppetting themselves and are accusing SD.N of doing so to try and pull a fast one.

Really, with how many times it's been nominated it's very likely.
Glimmervoid
Jedi Master
Location: Some were in the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm.

Post by Glimmervoid »

What just happened we got deleted? The article is set to redirect to its self and none of the old versions are still there but the VFD is still new and there is no result posted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stardestroyer.net
Zac Naloen
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zac Naloen »

It looks like its still editable, though i haven;t tried :?
Member of the Unremarkables
Just because you're god, it doesn't mean you can treat people that way : - My girlfriend
Evil Brit Conspiracy - Insignificant guy
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Stupid question:

Why do we care if Wiki deletes us?
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
GrandMasterTerwynn
Emperor's Hand

Post by GrandMasterTerwynn »

Glimmervoid wrote:What just happened we got deleted? The article is set to redirect to its self and none of the old versions are still there but the VFD is still new and there is no result posted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stardestroyer.net
Quick summary:

1) User named SmarterChild3 arbitrarily redesignates article "Stardestroyer.org" The user deletes the old "Stardestroyer.net" article, leaving a redirect to "Stardestroyer.org."

2) I notice this, and in my haste, do a copy-and-paste of the article and talk pages back to "Stardestroyer.net" and kill the "Stardestroyer.org" article.

3) While this restores the article and talk page, the edit histories still pointed at "Stardestroyer.org"

4) Admins are now apparently fixing the article so that it will be back to its original, pristine state.

<Addendum>

5) Article now properly restored. Bitching about the latest VfD may now resume.
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

I PMed an admin asking him if he could fix it. And he did so I have to thank him.

Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Wonderful, I see a systematic campaign from people who apparently only want articles they approve of. Trek BBS just got nailed with a VFD.

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

I repeat myself.

Why do we care if we're not on Wiki?
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Pcm979
Rabid Monkey

Post by Pcm979 »

I believe it's the principle of the thing.
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

LadyTevar wrote:I repeat myself.

Why do we care if we're not on Wiki?
Mostly because they're being immature little pricks over the fact we have a tiny corner of the wikipedia to mention ourselves with. If it's worth them getting their panties in a bunch over and questing to destroy, it probably is something worthwhile, anyway.

Though it appears this topic is apparantly soliciting votes and that's grounds for autodeletion or something, according to them. Amazing, since with the exception of Einhander*, everyone who has voted would have voted anyway.

*And that just might be because of a name screwup, unless he always goes by "Ein. Sn0" there.