They want to delete us again

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Alyeska wrote:I hope the admin looks deeper then the surface and considers more then the votes. I see a concentrated effort by people to remove the article and they are using mud slinging and other nasty means to do it. Some random IP character walked in and deleted almost every single keep vote from the VFD. The level if immaturity and trollish behiavor from the delete crowd has me strongly suspecting this is a real organized effort by some people to try and remove the page.
No, really? Say it ain't so! :shock: That's been rather obvious from the moment a third one went up.

Also: Damn, people can edit other people's votes from a VfD? Doesn't that make the process blatantly unfair?
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Rogue 9 wrote:
Alyeska wrote:I hope the admin looks deeper then the surface and considers more then the votes. I see a concentrated effort by people to remove the article and they are using mud slinging and other nasty means to do it. Some random IP character walked in and deleted almost every single keep vote from the VFD. The level if immaturity and trollish behiavor from the delete crowd has me strongly suspecting this is a real organized effort by some people to try and remove the page.
No, really? Say it ain't so! :shock: That's been rather obvious from the moment a third one went up.

Also: Damn, people can edit other people's votes from a VfD? Doesn't that make the process blatantly unfair?
Not as much as you think. Admins look at the edit history. Since some of the delete voters have actualy vandalized things in relation to the VFD and the SD.net article, their votes might even be stricken.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Glimmervoid
Jedi Master
Location: Some were in the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm.

Post by Glimmervoid »

Look what I just spotted Tanizaki has voted twice. Hopefully both his votes will be stricken.
Kazuaki Shimazaki
Jedi Council Member

Post by Kazuaki Shimazaki »

Glimmervoid wrote:Look what I just spotted Tanizaki has voted twice. Hopefully both his votes will be stricken.
They are watching us. It is two seconds in Wiki to get your screwup deleted. Yes, they have a history, but it is best to make a PDF out of the moment and send it to the editor.
Glimmervoid
Jedi Master

Post by Glimmervoid »

Kazuaki Shimazaki wrote:
Glimmervoid wrote:Look what I just spotted Tanizaki has voted twice. Hopefully both his votes will be stricken.
They are watching us. It is two seconds in Wiki to get your screwup deleted. Yes, they have a history, but it is best to make a PDF out of the moment and send it to the editor.
How do you do that? I need to go out so if some one else would do it i would be pleased.
Kazuaki Shimazaki
Jedi Council Member

1) Go to http://www.pdf995.com/download.html
2) Download the printer drivers and install them.
3) Go back to the page.
4) Click print, select "PDF995" as your printer and "print" (as if you are really printing).
5) A PDF file is made and you are asked where to save it and the PDF filename.
6) Close the ad window that comes up (it is the price of freebie programs.
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

Radiant! Blockedon the grounds that I am a sockpuppet. I am NOT a sockpuppet! I am a man!
SyntaxVorlon
Sith Acolyte

Post by SyntaxVorlon »

Well if it's any consolation to the troubles you've been having, SD.Net is immortalized on Everything2.
SDNet Node, I've even made an edit to include recent controversy.
WE, however, do meddle in the affairs of others.
What part of [ Image,Image, N(Image) ] don't you understand?
Skeptical Armada Cynic: ROU Aggressive Logic
SDN Ranger: Skeptical Ambassador
EOD
Mr Golgotha, Ms Scheck, we're running low on skin. I suggest you harvest another lesbian!
Chardok

Post by Chardok »

Can someone who ISN'T blocked comment that I am not a goddamned sockpuppet? this is ridiculous.

EDIT_____________

Nevermind. Looks like someone listened to my incessant bitching.

EDITII___________

Nevermind again. I'm still blocked. and Radiant is uncontactable.
Last edited by Chardok on 2005-08-29 02:26pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chardok

Post by Chardok »

wonder why they are going to so much trouble you show the keep voters post history? What the fuck is their problem. They didn't do that for David Conrad, and he only has 4 posts.
Glimmervoid
Jedi Master

Post by Glimmervoid »

Chardok wrote:wonder why they are going to so much trouble you show the keep voters post history? What the fuck is their problem. They didn't do that for David Conrad, and he only has 4 posts.
Then add your own comment to him. But i just checked and he seems to have more than 4 edits.
Chardok

Post by Chardok »

I cant add anything to anywhere. I'm IP blocked until August 30th. Funny...why would a permanently bannable offense like sock-puppetry only get me a block until august 30th? He must know I'm no sock puppet. Fucking asshole. I hope he reads this shit. Hey Radiant!, Suck a fart out of my asshole, asshole.
Graeme Dice
Jedi Master

Post by Graeme Dice »

Just remember that vote garnering is only allowed for people who want the article deleted. Anybody else gets called a metapuppet or sockpuppet.

Somebody should also mention that anybody who doesn't think that the St vs SW debate is notable hasn't been around the internet for a particularly long time, considering that it's been going on for more than 11 years now.
"I have also a paper afloat, with an electromagnetic theory of light, which, till I am convinced to the contrary, I hold to be great guns."
-- James Clerk Maxwell (1831-1879) Scottish physicist. In a letter to C. H. Cay, 5 January 1865.
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Chardok wrote:I cant add anything to anywhere. I'm IP blocked until August 30th. Funny...why would a permanently bannable offense like sock-puppetry only get me a block until august 30th? He must know I'm no sock puppet. Fucking asshole. I hope he reads this shit. Hey Radiant!, Suck a fart out of my asshole, asshole.
You got IP blocked for vandalizing someone elses user page.

Now I am going to talk to an admin and demand an explination. When I was in an editing war with Alistair on the Trek related articles he vandalized someone elses user page and not a thing was done to the prick.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Zadius
Jedi Knight

Post by Zadius »

The fuckers deleted it. I have to say, i've lost a lot of respect for Wikipedia over this.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Well, a big :finger: to Wikipedia.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
18-Till-I-Die
Emperor's Hand

Post by 18-Till-I-Die »

Chardok wrote:Fucking asshole. I hope he reads this shit. Hey Radiant!, Suck a fart out of my asshole, asshole.
I'm sorry i just had to say, Chardok that is the funniest thing i've ever heard, that's going in one of my books as a line. I have to use that, somehow, i'll write a story around it if i have to. :lol:
Kanye West Saves.

Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

*Adds another reason why I absolutely hate Wikipedia to my extensive list.*
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Graeme Dice
Jedi Master

Post by Graeme Dice »

I suggest that somebody request the admins to outline which votes they actually discounted. Since they have not done so, there is no actual evidence that they even bothered to count the votes.
"I have also a paper afloat, with an electromagnetic theory of light, which, till I am convinced to the contrary, I hold to be great guns."
-- James Clerk Maxwell (1831-1879) Scottish physicist. In a letter to C. H. Cay, 5 January 1865.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

How about the fact that, to my understanding, the third VfD was against their own policies in the first place? :roll:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Zadius
Jedi Knight

Post by Zadius »

It appears that it can be nominated for undeletion. We can argue that it was wrongly deleted (which it was).
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Alyes ... troyer.net

Save the article while you still have the chance. The admin was nice enough to give me a copy of the article. If some are interested, we could try and rewrite this article and repost it as an expanded article at some point in the future.

Kazuaki Shimazaki
Jedi Council Member

Destructionator XIII wrote:But, of course, logic means nothing to the masses. SDN got deleted because of ad hominums and appeal to popularities. Fuck that.
The really ironic thing was that the people who hate us were blathering about how SDN was unfair because people are banned based on popularity with veteran users of high-standing (you know, Mike's practice of sometimes letting us in on those Ban Polls). How the fuck is this any different?

Fuck you Wiki admins! The first time this came up, I didn't care so much, but this vote was a fucking corrupt process and you were idiots for falling to it. And I thought your decision to reject Alyeska's solution (torp counts on ST ships, remember?) was genuinely from ignorance rather than malice.
Alyeska wrote:Save the article while you still have the chance. The admin was nice enough to give me a copy of the article. If some are interested, we could try and rewrite this article and repost it as an expanded article at some point in the future.
Forget it. It contains nothing substantive we don't know. What we need to do is make thousands of edits, each. Since they don't care about quality, only quantity, if you can't make good edits make little corrections to spelling and grammar!

After about six months, when each of us has hundreds of edits, then we try reviving it.

As some of you know, I'm originally a big believer in the basic goodness of the Wiki process. My faith is fading...
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Out of curiousity. Why do we care? A file that had damn near no actual information about us that few people are ever gonna see got deleted. So what? Is it Pride? Is being on Wikipedia a prestigious event?
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Kazuaki Shimazaki
Jedi Council Member

Captain Cyran wrote:Out of curiousity. Why do we care? A file that had damn near no actual information about us that few people are ever gonna see got deleted. So what? Is it Pride? Is being on Wikipedia a prestigious event?
My view initially. But when the 3rd VfD came, it became a matter of principle.