Anime Tanks that SeaSkimmer would be Pround off (Pic Find)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Zor
Sith Acolyte

Anime Tanks that SeaSkimmer would be Pround off (Pic Find)

Post by Zor »

Found these on SB.com, but after seeing them i though of the HAB and just had to post them here...

Earth Alliance Linier Accelerator armed tanks from Gundam SEED

More EA Linier Accelerator tanks

A ZAFT GOOhN Amphibious Mobile Suit gets Nailed in the Chest by one of said tanks

A ZAFT GINN looses a Leg from tank fire

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Oh wow, even the tank designs are boring and uninspired on that show...

SEED can go fuck itself all the way to Hell.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Is it me, or does those tanks look like the ones from HALO?
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:Is it me, or does those tanks look like the ones from HALO?
Kinda... I suppose the tread system is similar. :?

Those screenshots indicate that the battle shown was suprisingly boring.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

And went precisely as it should have, too. :P
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
That NOS Guy
Jedi Council Member

Post by That NOS Guy »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Oh wow, even the tank designs are boring and uninspired on that show...

SEED wasn't so horrible as much as it was pretty bland, Destiny is where everything goes to hell.

Are you satisfied with anything?
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

I'm satisfied with a lot. I just don't like crap.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

That NOS Guy wrote:
Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Oh wow, even the tank designs are boring and uninspired on that show...

SEED wasn't so horrible as much as it was pretty bland, Destiny is where everything goes to hell.

Are you satisfied with anything?
The vast majority of the AU Gundam-verses tend to suck ass anyways. Well, except for G of course. *coughs*
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Tanks shalt not have two sets of treads. It makes them more likely to throw a track during a turn. Also, it makes powering the tank harder, because of having 4 drive sprockets instead of 2. If they had them being a single track, it'd be much more realistic.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Add some anti infantry weaponry and fix the tread system and you've got something that might actually pull it's weight in battle.
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

I can understand the uses of multi-tread systems with tanks so fucking huge it isn't even funny, but with normal sized ones, you only need a pair of treads. Sure, it makes the suspension easier (just a shock or three on each tread set, mounted perpendicular to the axle) but the bitch of running the damn thing more than removes that usefulness.

I wish more artists who drew military stuff took even basic mechanical engineering classes, just so they wouldn't be talking out their asses, but they still follow the fucking "Form>Functionality" bullshit.

Now, design-wise, the best way of running that would likely be using a diesel engine that just constantly runs, hooked up to a generator. Throw four 'lecrical motors at the wheels, maybe even give it a two speed transmission ("start" and "go"), with the spare energy being dumped into capacitors for the gun. In all likelyhood, this runs off of a micro-fusion reactor or something similiar, but the basic principle is the same. It'd still be easier to just have a single set of treads with two drive wheels, with the quick-and-dirtie suspension system for each wheel, like any sane tank.

But yeah, they still need anti-personnel turrets, just like all the other Gundam tanks, and don't even get me started on how fucking stupid Zeon tanks were. Just don't.

EDIT: Missed a word that made my first sentence make sense.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Singular Quartet wrote:But yeah, they still need anti-personnel turrets, just like all the other Gundam tanks
UC Federation Type 61s had an anti-personnel gun.
YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

Then I'd love to see your definition of a tank design that isn't "boring and uninspired," since aside from the separate treads, those are visually quite similar to modern tanks. Which, you know, are built the way they are because its the best design possible.
Name changes are for people who wear women's clothes. - Zuul

Wow. It took me a good minute to remember I didn't have testicles. -xBlackFlash

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman
sketerpot
Jedi Council Member

Post by sketerpot »

YT300000 wrote:
Then I'd love to see your definition of a tank design that isn't "boring and uninspired," since aside from the separate treads, those are visually quite similar to modern tanks. Which, you know, are built the way they are because its the best design possible.
I think we need more Bolos on TV. They look ugly, but they have huge energy cannons, mortar batteries, missiles, infinite repeaters, flying recon drones, and lots of other stuff that makes them generally scary as hell and so spectacular that you'd need a serious budget to do them justice---and if you do, it would rock.

It's not the shape that matters. It's about the armament and things blowing up spectacularly.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

YT300000 wrote:
My comment was actually a strike against the general mechanical design for SEED.
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:
Singular Quartet wrote:But yeah, they still need anti-personnel turrets, just like all the other Gundam tanks
UC Federation Type 61s had an anti-personnel gun.
Yeah, well, whoop-dee fucking doo.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Hey, you said that none of them had any, so I mentioned one that did. Don't jump all up on me for your oversight.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
That NOS Guy
Jedi Council Member

Post by That NOS Guy »

Type 61s also had a twin main gun layout that would make them unweildly in a fight.

It should however be noted that the Type 61 featured in the original failed to show it's machine gun (even though it is mentioned in the lineart).

It's not until the realtively recent 08th MS team and the design updates that we see a 7.62mm GPMG displayed in a visable part of the tank.
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Hey, you said that none of them had any, so I mentioned one that did. Don't jump all up on me for your oversight.
I repeat again: Whoop-dee-fucking-doo. Don't make me bring up the G-bull.
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Hey, what about the tanks and afv's from the anime "Venus Wars"?

Those look cool. Especially the giant Ishtarin tanks
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Here's some examples.

Enjoy! :shock:
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

That top one reminds me a HELLUVA lot of an Grant/Lee.
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

sketerpot wrote:I think we need more Bolos on TV. They look ugly, but they have huge energy cannons, mortar batteries, missiles, infinite repeaters, flying recon drones, and lots of other stuff that makes them generally scary as hell and so spectacular that you'd need a serious budget to do them justice---and if you do, it would rock.

It's not the shape that matters. It's about the armament and things blowing up spectacularly.
So... wouldn't that make them better suited for a feature film?

And, I wholeheartedly agree, I would cream myself if I got to see a Bolo done justice on the big screen.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Singular Quartet wrote:
Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Hey, you said that none of them had any, so I mentioned one that did. Don't jump all up on me for your oversight.
What the fuck has the G-Bull have to do with anything? Again, don't get so fucking pissy just because I point out an oversight on your part.
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:
Singular Quartet wrote:
What the fuck has the G-Bull have to do with anything? Again, don't get so fucking pissy just because I point out an oversight on your part.
To point out how much crack the writers must have been smoking when they came up with that wonderous idea. And the wonderous piece of shit the Type-61 is. The anti-infantry gun (which isn't even visible) is the only usable weapon the damn thing has, unless you look at the 08th MS team version, which still has all the same problems as the 0079 version, without the 70s crack.

As to me being pissy: I'm always pissy, you whiny dick. Quit acting like a fucking victim, and crawl back into whatever hole you hauled yourself from. I'd also like to congradulate you while you perform whatever pathetic victory dance after pointing out that one tank in Gundam has an anti-personnel weapon. Specifically, the one tank so badly designed that it could almost make the Magella a good idea. Now go fuck yourself.