Multiuniverse Crossover Fanfiction Question

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Post by Sidewinder »

By the way, can anyone give me advice on how to write GOOD space opera, instead of the "humans are an inferior species, we should all die out and be replaced by a superior species" crap that Arthur C. Clarke-- and, apparently, the producers of 'Star Trek'-- was pumping out?

I've tried to write a serious James Bond 007/Transformers/Oh My Goddess!/Tenchi Muyo!/Evangelion crossover, but the characters didn't do much soul-searching-- they were too busy fighting for their own survival. My heroes/heroines spend most of their time doing this in my fan fics. Is there any advice on how to portray soul-searching COMPETENTLY, instead of "Daddy hates me, I hate myself, I think I love this girl, but she hates me, and all I really feel for her is lust, anyways, I hate the world because she..." like 'Evangelion'?
Please do not make Americans fight giant monsters.

Those gun nuts do not understand the meaning of "overkill," and will simply use weapon after weapon of mass destruction (WMD) until the monster is dead, or until they run out of weapons.

They have more WMD than there are monsters for us to fight. (More insanity here.)
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Undocumented Features is the granddaddy of mega-crossover fics.
Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Post by Sidewinder »

UF has too many SIs for me to read with a sense I'm being entertained. My own work, I admit, are somewhat Narcissistic-- I keep feeling an urge to "improve" upon other people's work, e.g., giving Starscream the brains to HIDE his ambition from Megatron-- but at least they're short.

Those gun nuts do not understand the meaning of "overkill," and will simply use weapon after weapon of mass destruction (WMD) until the monster is dead, or until they run out of weapons.

They have more WMD than there are monsters for us to fight. (More insanity here.)
Johnathon_Chance
Youngling

Post by Johnathon_Chance »

Who wrote the BSG\ST crossover? Wasnt there a third one involved in that? That was a good one.

BTW Stravo, WTH is the next Starcrossed????????? :D
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Possum Lodge Member 2505162435
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

The Wanderverse is a nice set of stories. Involves Buffy, SG-1, X-files, Highlander, charmed, Pretender, The Shadow, the disney show about Alantis, Khight Rider, Charlie's Angels. The're a few other in it as well. Very smooth flowing and well blended. And the best of all Xander not a joke.
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Could anyone recomend some good crossover fics involving at least one of these topics (not necesarily all of them): Halo, Metroid, sw, baldurs gate 2: the throne of Bhaal?
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Battlehymn Republic
Jedi Council Member

Post by Battlehymn Republic »

I'm reviving this thread. Just post any good crossovers here that you've read, or you're working on. Are there any good sites for crossovers besides Fanfiction.net and the Space Battles forum?

I'm still surprised that with the convergence of their releases, no one's done a new BSG-Return of the Sith crossover, or a nBSG-Serenity one.

I'm looking for SW, ST, B5, and BSG fics specifically (in any combination), and any involving Firefly. Also, if there are any new Matrix-Terminator stories, post them here, too.
Edward Yee
Sith Devotee

Post by Edward Yee »

By the way, can anyone give me advice on how to write GOOD space opera, instead of the "humans are an inferior species, we should all die out and be replaced by a superior species" crap that Arthur C. Clarke-- and, apparently, the producers of 'Star Trek'-- was pumping out?
I blame it on their whining about supposed flaws that stem from a misunderstanding of human nature. My solution is simple, just like what to do when dealing with drow fanwank (blame R.A. Salvatore, Drizzt and fans-of-both-genders):

WE'RE THE ONLY SPECIES CRAZY ENOUGH :twisted:

P.S. Even Star Trek delved in that self-destructive sh*t? That ideology's the first step down the road to extinction!
"Yee's proposal is exactly the sort of thing I would expect some Washington legal eagle to do. In fact, it could even be argued it would be unrealistic to not have a scene in the next book of, say, a Congressman Yee submit the Yee Act for consideration. :D" - bcoogler on this

"My crystal ball is filled with smoke, and my hovercraft is full of eels." - Bayonet

Stark: "You can't even GET to heaven. You don't even know where it is, or even if it still exists."
SirNitram: "So storm Hell." - From the legendary thread
Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Post by Sidewinder »

Some guy calling himself "Steve Vader" is posting lemon crossovers between 'Neon Genesis Evangelion' and 'Record of Lodoss War', between 'Eva' and 'Star Wars', and between 'Eva' and 'Terminator' at http://www.vader-visions.com/index_select.html

Read them and laugh your head off at his description of some bizarre sexual practices-- if you have a sick sense of humor. If not, don't, or you might have to eat a bullet to get the images out of your head.

Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

I want to see a good crossover involving WH40K for once. I've read a couple, but they're not really good.

Especially a crossover with SW or ST.
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!