They want to delete us again

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Rogue 9 wrote:Hmmmmm. Whoever wrote the entry for the Knight Hammer in the Star Destroyer entry made several grammar errors... *Edits*

So how do we go about creating a personal page for ourselves?
Once you register, you already have your own page. Look in the upper left hand corner. See those options? Click on the one with your registed name. This is your profile which you can edit and flesh out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Alyeska

Thats mine and what I've done with it over time.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

I see. Thanks.

*Compulsively corrects a spelling error in your profile.*
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Rogue 9 wrote:I see. Thanks.

Personal pages are nice because you can create subdirectories behind them (like Alyeska's
http://en.wikipedia/org/User:Alyeska/Stardestroyer.net,
or my
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Neoca ... on_debates);
they're like cubby holes where you can keep anything you want.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Surlethe wrote:

Personal pages are nice because you can create subdirectories behind them (like Alyeska's
http://en.wikipedia/org/User:Alyeska/Stardestroyer.net,
or my
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Neoca ... on_debates);
they're like cubby holes where you can keep anything you want.
I already have one of those on my board, but this has much nicer formatting options...
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

I see your expanding your profile page pretty fast. That inspired me to start adding information to my own. I've expanded from two stub parapgraphs into three seperate sections with plenty of detail about me.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Zadius
Jedi Knight

Post by Zadius »

I've got my profile page looking slick now too. Still thinking of more things to add...
Last edited by Zadius on 2005-09-01 03:05am, edited 1 time in total.
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Can you link yours so I can see it?

This is what mine currently looks like

Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
Zadius
Jedi Knight

Post by Zadius »

Alyeska wrote:Can you link yours so I can see it?
Yeah, here.
WyrdNyrd
Jedi Knight

Post by WyrdNyrd »

OK. So the best way for our members to have our voices heard on Wikipedia, is for them to contribute more widely to Wikipedia in general. Thus expanding the community of useful Wikipedia members, which is (presumably) one of the primary goals of Wikipedia.

Oh the irony!

By being pricks to us, Wikipedia is getting us to help them!

I don't mean to imply that contributing to Wikipedia is actually bad, or that we should boycott them on principle. By all means, if you enjoy it, go wild! Expand the Wikispace! I'm just amused by the irony, that's all.

EDIT: spelling.
Last edited by WyrdNyrd on 2005-09-01 05:22am, edited 1 time in total.
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

I've edited like half the SW articles on Wikipedia. 8)
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

From reading other peoples user pages, I'd have to say mine looks much different and reads more like a Wiki Article.

Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

The world can be a funny place.

For those not entirely keeping track, some information.

Ryan Nolan was one of the ones who voted for deletion of the SD.net article and also pointed out keep voters lack of edits. Since then he is starting to help keep my SD.net article in good shape. He did some clarification and grammar edits on the article and just removed vandalism from the talk page.

Glimmervoid
Jedi Master
Location: Some were in the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm.

Post by Glimmervoid »

My user page is just normal.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Elfwood
Any suggestions about what i should add.

Also what is happening with the TrekBBS article?
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

Still blocked. 3 admins contacted. and Dammit I got some good ideas to start articles, too. I need to figure out how to make pages all spiffy, too, rather than actually looking like an encyclopedia.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Chardok wrote:Still blocked. 3 admins contacted. and Dammit I got some good ideas to start articles, too. I need to figure out how to make pages all spiffy, too, rather than actually looking like an encyclopedia.
Do what I did. Go to some of the spiffy looking pages, click the Edit button, and instead of editing anything, just examine the code they used.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Pu-239
Sith Marauder

Post by Pu-239 »

Hm...should this thread be HOSed or something to reduce accusations of garnering?

ah.....the path to happiness is revision of dreams and not fulfillment... -SWPIGWANG
Sufficient Googling is indistinguishable from knowledge -somebody
Anything worth the cost of a missile, which can be located on the battlefield, will be shot at with missiles. If the US military is involved, then things, which are not worth the cost if a missile will also be shot at with missiles. -Sea Skimmer

George Bush makes freedom sound like a giant robot that breaks down a lot. -Darth Raptor
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Too late now.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Pu-239
Sith Marauder

Post by Pu-239 »

Well, for a possible undeletion vote in the future.

ah.....the path to happiness is revision of dreams and not fulfillment... -SWPIGWANG
Sufficient Googling is indistinguishable from knowledge -somebody
Anything worth the cost of a missile, which can be located on the battlefield, will be shot at with missiles. If the US military is involved, then things, which are not worth the cost if a missile will also be shot at with missiles. -Sea Skimmer

George Bush makes freedom sound like a giant robot that breaks down a lot. -Darth Raptor
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Pu-239 wrote:Well, for a possible undeletion vote in the future.
Why bother? Wikipedia is full of trolls, incompetent buffoons, useless pricks and jackass admins.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Not to mention an NPOV policy that bans the use of facts if they are disputed. I just had an edit reverted that said that the Northern belief that slavery was a factor in the Civil War was justified, because "it's obviously POV." I fully sourced the assertion; it is incontrovertible fact, but since Confederate wankers insist on their states' rights argument, I can't put it in the article. :banghead:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Akaramu Shinja
Little Stalker Boy

Post by Akaramu Shinja »

Dalton wrote:Why bother? The Internet is full of trolls, incompetent buffoons, useless pricks and jackass admins.
I agree completely, so who cares? Only those in the above categories I'm sure. 8)
アカラム

I melt two faces in the morning. I melt two faces at night. I melt two faces in the afternoon, it makes me feel alright. I melt two faces in time of peace, and two in time of war. I melt two faces before I melt two faces, and then I melt two more. - Ballad of a PK
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Rogue 9 wrote:Not to mention an NPOV policy that bans the use of facts if they are disputed. I just had an edit reverted that said that the Northern belief that slavery was a factor in the Civil War was justified, because "it's obviously POV." I fully sourced the assertion; it is incontrovertible fact, but since Confederate wankers insist on their states' rights argument, I can't put it in the article. :banghead:
Refuse to back down on the issue, but also point out that states right was a known false call by the south. Southern slave holders fought to preserve the right to keep slaves but intentionaly lied to the public and used states rights to rally the ignorant peasents.

Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

I'm not backing down. They made the mistake of leaving in my source links in the external links section. I have issued an ultimatum, saying that if I don't get the explanation I asked for, I'll put it back.

Edit: Evidently the use of the world "justifiable" is a point of view, even when the justified belief in question is backed up by all the facts. :roll:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

Dalton wrote:
Pu-239 wrote:Well, for a possible undeletion vote in the future.
Why bother? Wikipedia is full of trolls, incompetent buffoons, useless pricks and jackass admins.
Like staring into a mirror, isn't it?