Picking WoW Char Classes

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

And phase shift got fixed by hotpatch 1.6.1, because many a warlock was already screaming and then to have them all scream.

My only beef with Warlocks is they are good in raids but I feel for every one of the them since you have to FARM for your major spell material.

Honestly Blizzard needs to do something about that.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Yes. Yes they do. On the other hand, while psychotically dangerous, Hellfire-AoE on a camp is sexy beyond all belief. :)
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

three things:
A) Being a tauren shaman is good, it's versatile and well rounded (lvl 7 so far).
B) If anybody wants to form a guild/party I'm on the Agrammar server.

C) Does anybody know where Kodo rock is?
(For the shaman quest), I tried Googling it but cant find a good explanation.
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

the .303 bookworm wrote: C) Does anybody know where Kodo rock is?
(For the shaman quest), I tried Googling it but cant find a good explanation.
www.thottbot.com is your bestest friend.

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

I did a search but couldnt find anything.

I found some sites that give a numeric description of the location, but I don't know how to check that location in the game.

EDIT: I found an explanation, now looking for the stupid SW rock, thanks.

EDIT: Yay, I found it- It is seriously bugged, it's a huge thing that doesnt appear until your'e right on top of it by a tree.
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

OK I'm level 3(IIRC) Paladin at the moment.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Akaramu Shinja
Little Stalker Boy

Post by Akaramu Shinja »

I'll be honest, the game doesn't start until you're 20+, and you don't know anything about what a class can do or PvP until 20+ as well. So for you noobs, get to 20s to really get perspective on what you want to play.
アカラム

I melt two faces in the morning. I melt two faces at night. I melt two faces in the afternoon, it makes me feel alright. I melt two faces in time of peace, and two in time of war. I melt two faces before I melt two faces, and then I melt two more. - Ballad of a PK
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

Hey, did they ever get Cosmos to work with 1.6? (No dissing cosmos, please. It's the interface I like, so :P)
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

What would you recomend for solo playing?
- That is the strongest combo that can grind with ease without needing a group except for the big bosses.
Photography
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Warlock or Hunter. Rogues can be, but they're massively overplayed, and twinked all to hell, so I refuse to even roll one.
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

White Haven wrote:Warlock or Hunter. Rogues can be, but they're massively overplayed, and twinked all to hell, so I refuse to even roll one.
Do rogues require special tactics to use or do you just use abilities to stealth then your next attack gains extra damage?
Also Warlocks need to farm for spell shards for their spells right?

What is the most wanky class then that's good for single player (and the best race to go with it), is mage any good?
Photography
Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

The Cleric wrote:What server do most US players play on?
Like, on about 60-100 different servers, many with well over 10,000 players. If you're looking to join a realm, avoid the high/full population ones and probably even the medium ones unless you're adamant about getting into regular raids and battlegrounds.

If you're asking where most US SD.net players play on, it's been stated here and in other threads that we're hopelessly and irrevocably scattered. Some tried to pick a server to hold an SDN alt-character guild, but I never heard that go anywhere. I think the largest concentrations are 3-4 per server; My guild includes me, BC Gaius, and two lurkers.
By His Word...
The Cleric
BANNED

Post by The Cleric »

Utsanomiko wrote:
The Cleric wrote:What server do most US players play on?
Like, on about 60-100 different servers, many with well over 10,000 players. If you're looking to join a realm, avoid the high/full population ones and probably even the medium ones unless you're adamant about getting into regular raids and battlegrounds.

If you're asking where most US SD.net players play on, it's been stated here and in other threads that we're hopelessly and irrevocably scattered. Some tried to pick a server to hold an SDN alt-character guild, but I never heard that go anywhere. I think the largest concentrations are 3-4 per server; My guild includes me, BC Gaius, and two lurkers.
Yeah, I meant SDN players.

And .303? Ork Shaman. Hideoulsy overpowered.
{} Thrawn wins. Any questions? {} Great Dolphin Conspiracy {} Proud member of the defunct SEGNOR {} Enjoy the rythmic hip thrusts {} In my past life I was either Vlad the Impaler or Katsushika Hokusai {}
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Bah. No love for the high-pop servers. Mannoroth was a launch server, and a beta server before that. It's quite the environment. :)

Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

So was Hellscream, but we've kept our pop relatively medium luckily enough. Just enough for the fun stuff, though Orgrimmar is still a pain to enter and load (I really ought to upgrade to a full gig of RAM).

I moved all of my Alliance alts from Doomhammer to Perenold the first chance I got. Stability issues just weren't worth it.
By His Word...
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

, I have a tauren shaman, is this the most twinked combo or the best for solo play? (The combo you suggested that is)
Photography
Akaramu Shinja
Little Stalker Boy

Post by Akaramu Shinja »

the .303 bookworm wrote:
, I have a tauren shaman, is this the most twinked combo or the best for solo play? (The combo you suggested that is)
Most twinked and best for solo play (short of Hunter). Tauren stomp > Orc everything.
アカラム

I melt two faces in the morning. I melt two faces at night. I melt two faces in the afternoon, it makes me feel alright. I melt two faces in time of peace, and two in time of war. I melt two faces before I melt two faces, and then I melt two more. - Ballad of a PK
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Akaramu Shinja wrote:
the .303 bookworm wrote:
Most twinked and best for solo play (short of Hunter). Tauren stomp > Orc everything.
Actually on higher levels...Stomp is worthless given the amount of time EXCEPT as minor stun for Lesser Healing wave, while 25+ to stun will ruin a Rogue's day worse then seeing a twinked warrior.

The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Any recomendations for twinking a build? (Of a Shaman T)
Photography
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

the .303 bookworm wrote:Any recomendations for twinking a build? (Of a Shaman T)
What do you want to do?

There are worlds of differences between PvE and PvP shamans.

The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Can you earn experience in duels or pvp? (The Server I'm on doesnt have pvp, only duels).
I'm interested in a build focused on solo play, damage output, fire and forget buffs and killing monsters one (maximum two) at a time.
Tall order I know :wink: , thank you in advance for any optimiazation tips :)
Photography
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

the .303 bookworm wrote:Can you earn experience in duels or pvp? (The Server I'm on doesnt have pvp, only duels).
Nope, you earn a different set up points that allows you to gain ranks, but they are not levels. And some ranks you cannot achieve until I believe 50...maybe 60.
I'm interested in a build focused on solo play, damage output, fire and forget buffs and killing monsters one (maximum two) at a time.
Tall order I know :wink: , thank you in advance for any optimiazation tips :)
One monster? Any Build. I've played with four different and can solo almost anything except 60+ elites with each of these. These classes being Paladin, Rogue, Warrior....I only use my Pally and Warrior for high end raids because our Guild needed them.

Solo Play....nothing specfic needed. Any build will walk you through. Literally you can be mostly ignorant of the many tweaks and succeed wildly until end game raiding.

The reason I ask about end game is because if you're going for PvP, there are items you will buy and skill you will need more then if for End game PvE. So are you joining a Guild for loads of PvPing or end game PvE raiding?

The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

I have'nt found a guild yet so I have'nt decided yet if i'll even join one.

I'll be playing mainly to gain lots of exp, meaning probably pve (E means monsters right?).
This is my first ever mmorpg so I'm not used to finding guilds or powergaming especially since I'll be playing for only 2-3 months before stopping to concentrate on my tests so I want to level up fast.
Photography
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

the .303 bookworm wrote:I have'nt found a guild yet so I have'nt decided yet if i'll even join one.

I'll be playing mainly to gain lots of exp, meaning probably pve (E means monsters right?).
This is my first ever mmorpg so I'm not used to finding guilds or powergaming especially since I'll be playing for only 2-3 months before stopping to concentrate on my tests so I want to level up fast.
PvE is Player versus Enviroment...so yeah, Monsters

PvP is Player versus Player.

And while you may not join a guild, it's a more a question do you want to go trounce some dwarvian Pally or do you want to take on Ragnaros....which is more your preference, because while they can be interchangable. If you are serious of one or the other, they require different builds and equipment.

Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

Must....have....autocast....