the ugliest ships in trek and wars and why

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Solid Snake
Jedi Council Member

Post by Solid Snake »

SW: I dont like a lot of star wars ships... TIE defenders are the worst i think...

ST: Nebula class... God i hate that ship... Cardassian ships, breen ships, Tholian Ships (they do look cool in Klingon Academy, though.)
US Army Infantry: Follow Me!

Heavy Armor Brigade
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Darth Pounder wrote: Well the thing did get blown up, maybe they salavged it
I don't think so ...

I was just noticing the design similarity. It was a Good Thing (TM).
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

SolidSnake wrote:SW: I dont like a lot of star wars ships... TIE defenders are the worst i think...
Burn the heretic!
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Evil Sadistic Bastard
Hentai Tentacle Demon

Post by Evil Sadistic Bastard »

Vympel wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:SW: I dont like a lot of star wars ships... TIE defenders are the worst i think...
Burn the heretic!
Yes, get the fires of damnation ready for his unworthy soul!
Believe in the sign of Hentai.

BotM - Hentai Tentacle Monkey/Warwolves - Evil-minded Medic/JL - Medical Jounin/Mecha Maniacs - Fuchikoma Grope Attack!/AYVB - Bloody Bastards.../GALE Force - Purveyor of Anal Justice/HAB - Combat Medical Orderly

Combat Medical Orderly(Also Nameless Test-tube Washer) : SD.Net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

SolidSnake wrote:TIE defenders are the worst i think...
TIE Defenders? Bad? What is this?!
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Solid Snake
Jedi Council Member

Post by Solid Snake »

Come get some in my UBER-BATTLESTAR OF DOOM!
US Army Infantry: Follow Me!

Heavy Armor Brigade
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

Darth Yoshi wrote:
Defenders are the triple finned uber-Ties, correct?
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
Warspite
Jedi Council Member

Post by Warspite »

Frank Hipper wrote:
Darth Yoshi wrote:
Yeah, they first appeared in the game TIE Fighter, I think, and they kicked ass!
[img=left]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/ ... iggado.jpg[/img] "You know, it's odd; practically everything that's happened on any of the inhabited planets has happened on Terra before the first spaceship." -- Space Viking
Colonel Olrik
The Spaminator

Post by Colonel Olrik »

Warspite wrote:
Frank Hipper wrote:
Darth Yoshi wrote: TIE Defenders? Bad? What is this?!
Yeah, they first appeared in the game TIE Fighter, I think, and they kicked ass!
They didn't kiss ass. They kicked all other fighters ass.

The only ship in the game more powerful were the missil boats, and that only because of their inane quantity of missils and shielding. But they lacked the sheer power of the TIE Defender.
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Colonel Olrik wrote:
Warspite wrote:
Frank Hipper wrote:Defenders are the triple finned uber-Ties, correct?
They didn't kiss ass. They kicked all other fighters ass.

The only ship in the game more powerful were the missil boats, and that only because of their inane quantity of missils and shielding. But they lacked the sheer power of the TIE Defender.

the missle boat had a friggin nose mounted turbolaser! a small one sure, but holy crap that thing kicked ass. if i remeber correctly it had a thrust booster too. sorry dude, but the missle boat with adv. concussion missiles could take down a bunch of TIE/D's with a halfway decent pilot.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Star Wars: Die-Wing....just plain horrible *shudders*

Star Trek: Many but I'd have to go with the shuttles in TNG.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
desertjedi
Padawan Learner

Post by desertjedi »

Star Wars: Trade FEd Droid Control Ships...

Star Trek: Fed Shuttles... esp. TNG
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Frank Hipper wrote:Oh, and another thing, I expected to catch shit about not liking the Vor'cha. Go figure. :D
For some reason the Vor'cha has been the last of the Klingon ships to grow on me. I always liked the movie version of the classic Klingon battle cruiser alot and the BOP was cool. Even that monster ship that first appeared in the future timeline of All Good Things.... I've liked better than the Vor'cha.

I guess the Vor'Cha just looks like the Klingon equivalent to the GCS (although not as extreme), just look at all the red lights. :| :?:
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Warspite
Jedi Council Member

Post by Warspite »

Star Trek: All Federation designs... they're just silly.
Also, the Breen are ugly too, too unbalaced for my taste.

Star Wars: Hapan Battle Dragon... It looks like some Leonardo da Vinci design.
Also the ISD, what the hell is that thing??? (runs out of the room before being stoned to death by board members) --- Just kidding!!!!!
[img=left]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/ ... iggado.jpg[/img] "You know, it's odd; practically everything that's happened on any of the inhabited planets has happened on Terra before the first spaceship." -- Space Viking
THEHOOLIGANJEDI
Jedi Council Member

Post by THEHOOLIGANJEDI »

I'm Surprised no one mentioned the Galaxy Class series. I loved TNG as a kid but I always hated the design, it seemed too far fetched a design for a 5 yerar old.

SW:Hornet Interceptor
Stupid risks are what make life worth living.-Homer Simpson

-PC Load Letter?! What the Fuck does that mean!?!?!- Micheal Bolton
-Bullshit! I'll bet you can suck a golf ball through a garden hose! - Sgt. Hartman
-I'll bet your the kind of guy who would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the Goddamn common courtesy to give him a reacharound!- Sgt. Hartman
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

i just thought of this looking over the rebel sourcebook....what about a corellian gunship? damn thing looks like a bunch of garbage cans guled together with guns protruding from every possible corner.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

Tsyroc wrote:
Frank Hipper wrote:Oh, and another thing, I expected to catch shit about not liking the Vor'cha. Go figure. :D
For some reason the Vor'cha has been the last of the Klingon ships to grow on me. I always liked the movie version of the classic Klingon battle cruiser alot and the BOP was cool. Even that monster ship that first appeared in the future timeline of All Good Things.... I've liked better than the Vor'cha.

I guess the Vor'Cha just looks like the Klingon equivalent to the GCS (although not as extreme), just look at all the red lights. :| :?:
The thing that gets me about it is the command pod. It just doesn't have that groovy Klingon look. It's ok from there aft, but...........
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

I don't remember the Vor'cha, could someone provide a pic so I know what ya'll are talking about.
Vertigo1
Defender of the Night

Post by Vertigo1 »

Trek: Definitely the Intrepid-class....mainly because of what spawned because of it.

Wars: TIE Experimentals (of X-Wing Alliance fame) Those things are ASS UGLY! (not to mention quite fragile)
"I once asked Rebecca to sing Happy Birthday to me during sex. That was funny, especially since I timed my thrusts to sync up with the words. And yes, it was my birthday." - Darth Wong

Leader of the SD.Net Gargoyle Clan | Spacebattles Firstone | Twitter
Vertigo1
Defender of the Night

Post by Vertigo1 »

FaxModem1 wrote:I don't remember the Vor'cha, could someone provide a pic so I know what ya'll are talking about.

There ya go. :)
"I once asked Rebecca to sing Happy Birthday to me during sex. That was funny, especially since I timed my thrusts to sync up with the words. And yes, it was my birthday." - Darth Wong

Leader of the SD.Net Gargoyle Clan | Spacebattles Firstone | Twitter
Galaxy
Worthless Trolling Palm-Fucker

Post by Galaxy »

Star Wars: I don't like any of the EU ships. I think the worst out of the movies is the Nebulon frigate.

Star Trek: Romulan Bird of prey. It's an ugly ship, but it's even more hideous since it's got that ugly bird painted on it's underside.
Piss off warsie assholes.
Moonshadow
Padawan Learner

Post by Moonshadow »

careful newbie. Your icon could get you flamed by some of the more "colorful" characters around these parts.
Born of different worlds,woven together by fate, each shall rise to face their destiny- Grandia II, one of many reasons to be a Dreamcaster
MirrorUniverseSpy1
Youngling

Post by MirrorUniverseSpy1 »

For ST: The ship Beverly Crusher was Captain of in the final TNG
episode "All Good Things...."

For SW: The ships from Cloud City that were giving the Falcon a
hassle about landing there without a permit.
Galaxy
Worthless Trolling Palm-Fucker

Post by Galaxy »

I don't care if anybody hates my icon. I'm proud of what that ship stands for.
Piss off warsie assholes.
Warspite
Jedi Council Member

Post by Warspite »

Galaxy wrote:I don't care if anybody hates my icon. I'm proud of what that ship stands for.
Beware of that claim. Be prepared to defend it with some solid, non-flamming, support evidence, or you'll be stomped by some of the more rabid board members.

Just be carefull...

Oh, and POKE!