the ugliest ships in trek and wars and why

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Warspite wrote:
Galaxy wrote:I don't care if anybody hates my icon. I'm proud of what that ship stands for.
Beware of that claim. Be prepared to defend it with some solid, non-flamming, support evidence, or you'll be stomped by some of the more rabid board members.

Just be carefull...

Oh, and POKE!
I think he likes the civilian aspect of the ship. Reason I think this is because he didn't think Jelico was a good captain and shouldn't be on a GCS.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Warspite
Jedi Council Member

Post by Warspite »

Maybe... By the way he said it, it looked like he's defending the UFP, and we know where does that leads us!
[img=left]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/ ... iggado.jpg[/img] "You know, it's odd; practically everything that's happened on any of the inhabited planets has happened on Terra before the first spaceship." -- Space Viking
Acclamator
Deimos Sock Puppet

Post by Acclamator »

Jadeite wrote:Lets see....
Star Wars: gallofree transports and B-wings.
Star Trek: Borg cube, cardassian ships, and klingon ships.
How dare you! The original Klingon D-7 was and is the coolest most intimidating Trek ship ever.
200 GT TLs.

6 MT Point defence guns.

1 KT Starfighter cannon (Near-Hiroshima-level damage!)

STAR WARS STRIKES BACK!!!
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

SW: Die Wing. Its a tie cockpit ball with two Y-Wing engines. Slow and undefended.

ST: Vor'cha. It's just...icky.
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
kheegster
Jedi Council Member

Post by kheegster »

SW: All trade fed ships except the droid fighters
ST: Borg cubes....zzz...

KG
Articles, opinions and rants from an astrophysicist: Cosmic Journeys
Moonshadow
Padawan Learner

Post by Moonshadow »

I don't care if anybody hates my icon. I'm proud of what that ship stands for.

chill, geez. Anyway i'm not flaming the ship. but others around here will. I think that aside from the powderkeg warp core( which might have been fixed with later model GCSes), its not a bad ship as long as its not used for what it wasn't built for; combat. She was a ship built in mostly peaceful times, and while well armed, it wasn't really tough enough to take the abuse and it wasn't very agile.
Born of different worlds,woven together by fate, each shall rise to face their destiny- Grandia II, one of many reasons to be a Dreamcaster
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

Most of Graham Kennedys starships, zod, those things made me want to rip out my eyes and smash them. I mean, one nacelle on a starship? A ISD with 90% of it's propulsion gone could fly rings around one of those ships.:P

Sorry, if that guy and his ships have already been bashed in this thread.
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
irishmick79
Rabid Monkey

Post by irishmick79 »

The Y-Wing gets my vote for ugliest ship in the stars.

As far as star trek goes, I don't watch enough of it to know all of the ships. But I've never really liked the look of the Enterprise. It just doesn't look like a warship should to me.
"A country without a Czar is like a village without an idiot."
- Old Russian Saying
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

irishmick79 wrote:As far as star trek goes, I don't watch enough of it to know all of the ships. But I've never really liked the look of the Enterprise. It just doesn't look like a warship should to me.
That's because it's not. It's a science vessel that happens to have a bunch of weapons. And seems to get to go play war with a bunch of civilians on board.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Warspite wrote:
Galaxy wrote:I don't care if anybody hates my icon. I'm proud of what that ship stands for.
Beware of that claim. Be prepared to defend it with some solid, non-flamming, support evidence, or you'll be stomped by some of the more rabid board members.

Just be carefull...

Oh, and POKE!
Shut up, Warspite, you can be proud of what something stands for even if it's a POS! My dad is still proud of the first car he ever bought, even though it clearly isn't worth anything, today. In fact, he still has parts of it in his garage! In this case, he can be proud of many things the Galaxy represents. It's even come to represent ST as a whole.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Warspite
Jedi Council Member

Post by Warspite »

Master of Ossus wrote:
Warspite wrote:

Just be carefull...

Oh, and POKE!
Shut up, Warspite, you can be proud of what something stands for even if it's a POS! My dad is still proud of the first car he ever bought, even though it clearly isn't worth anything, today. In fact, he still has parts of it in his garage! In this case, he can be proud of many things the Galaxy represents. It's even come to represent ST as a whole.

Cool it, MoO! I'm just warning him to think carefully before posting, there might be other people around here that might take that claim in a different view, I'm not attacking it... Besides, he just shot himself in the foot, with other posts... :roll: ...
[img=left]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/ ... iggado.jpg[/img] "You know, it's odd; practically everything that's happened on any of the inhabited planets has happened on Terra before the first spaceship." -- Space Viking
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

SW: Any kind of Ugly. Given their descriptions in the novels, I'm sure no one wants to see them. A TIE with Z-95 wings? A Z-95 with TIE wings? A ship made almost completely out of TIE wings? The hell?

ST: Anything post TOS. I'm sorry but I can tolerate ST designs in small numbers. Just how many fucking Federation ships have that ugly saucer, naccelle, and body setup? Ugg, its like very new design is just a slight variation on the Constitution class. Don't even get me started on that fat space turtle, the Defiant. :shock:
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

VF5SS wrote:SW: Any kind of Ugly. Given their descriptions in the novels, I'm sure no one wants to see them. A TIE with Z-95 wings? A Z-95 with TIE wings? A ship made almost completely out of TIE wings? The hell?
At least, unlike most Trek kitbashes, the Uglies are well-known in universe to be engineering nightmares that are likely to break apart instead of firing.
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Aya wrote:Sorry, if that guy and his ships have already been bashed in this thread.
maybe not this thread, but i do believe that bashing Gramme Kennedy was the original intent of this entire forum. lol
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

Hmm.... I think that the Species 8472 ships never looked much like spaceships. (but then again, nor did LEXX)
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"