Who has the best uniforms?

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

I'm surprised no one voted for the TOS StarTrek women's uniforms. :lol:

I liked the oldBSG colonial uniforms. Yes, they were drab brown, but the lines were very sharp and looked very sexxah. The neoBSG uniforms are nice, but they don't have that look the old ones did.

The Galactic Empire's officers uniforms are very German, in my mind. The officers look sharp, efficient, and no-nonsense. I never considered them sexy, tho :lol:

Personally, I'll take the dressblues of the USMC. *sigh* Nothing like a Marine in uniform....
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
StarshipTitanic
Sith Marauder

Post by StarshipTitanic »

If the costume department on the old BSG show spent a little more time tailoring uniforms and inventing some sort of rank system, they would have been great.

I love any uniform that has a coat with a big flap, like new BSG and EarthForce.
"Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me...God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist." -- Academician Prokhor Zakharov

"Hal grabs life by the balls and doesn't let you do that [to] hal."

"I hereby declare myself master of the known world."
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

LadyTevar wrote:I'm surprised no one voted for the TOS StarTrek women's uniforms. :lol:
On a side note, I was skimming through Star Trek 5 the other day, and couldn't help but notice that Shatner had brought back the skirts. They weren't miniskirts, but they still clashed rather badly with the heavy maroon jackets.

I personally really like the B5 Earthforce uniforms.
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

Oh, also, don't forget that the old BSG officers had the different, blue uniform as well.
Companion Cube
Biozeminade!

Post by Companion Cube »

I'm fond of the UNSC uniforms from the Haloverse.

Here's an illustrated article on the subject.
And when I'm sad, you're a clown
And if I get scared, you're always a clown
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

The old ST2-6 uniforms could have been updated for use in Trek again. I think had they taken the uniforms and changed the color design around with a few modifications to match the late DS9 style uniforms a little more, it would have made a good Class-A type uniform while the DS9 style makes a good duty uniform.

For combat, just normal looking fatigues body armor of some sort works good in my book.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Heh, I never noticed that Taggart is the only one of them who gets pants before. :)
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Anomie
Padawan Learner
Location: Between the begining of time and the end of the universe

Post by Anomie »

I like the B5 Earth Force uniforms.

But I do have a small problem with them. The uniforms they normally wear look like dress uniforms. As a military orginazation, shouldn't they have some form of fatigues for day-to-day operations, like what the Gropos were wearing or like the ones that they originally had on Crusade?
You shall be the instrument of my vengence. Through you I shall scream out my wrath unto the heavens.
"Explosions fix everything" - Nabeshin - Excel Saga
"When you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss comments on how you have no social life."
"We jumped the shark AND took its wallet" My friend commenting upon our groups dinner conversation.
CoVD:We are all but a part of a dream that Vin Diesel is having.
Church of Perverts: As the Lord commands, so shall we do. And do. And do.
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

Imperial Navy uniforms are ok as long as you can dump the stupid looking hats. Isards blood red Grand Admirals uniform has always sounded pretty nice to me, or the Lizards uniforms from V. Hey, I look good in red.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

Anomie wrote:I like the B5 Earth Force uniforms.

But I do have a small problem with them. The uniforms they normally wear look like dress uniforms.
Heh, did you ever see their dress uniforms? :)
Anomie
Padawan Learner
Location: Between the begining of time and the end of the universe

Post by Anomie »

Uraniun235 wrote:Heh, did you ever see their dress uniforms? :)
Yeah, I have. And they looked damn cool. But there regular uniforms look more like suits rather than fatigues. Now I understand that the officers could be required to were those uniforms since their basiclly administrators of a space born city, but the security branch should at least be wearing Gropo like BDU's, shouldn't they? Like the green fatigues they started wearing after B5 declares independence.
You shall be the instrument of my vengence. Through you I shall scream out my wrath unto the heavens.
"Explosions fix everything" - Nabeshin - Excel Saga
"When you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss comments on how you have no social life."
"We jumped the shark AND took its wallet" My friend commenting upon our groups dinner conversation.
CoVD:We are all but a part of a dream that Vin Diesel is having.
Church of Perverts: As the Lord commands, so shall we do. And do. And do.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

And I don't care what anyone says, I like those caps. :P
JADAFETWA
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Enterprise Uniforms are pretty Sweet, so are TOS movie (2-6) era uniforms, season seven Tok'ra uniforms (the dubble brested ones) and Genii Uniforms.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Skylon
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skylon »

Anomie wrote:
Uraniun235 wrote:Heh, did you ever see their dress uniforms? :)
Yeah, I have. And they looked damn cool. But there regular uniforms look more like suits rather than fatigues. Now I understand that the officers could be required to were those uniforms since their basiclly administrators of a space born city, but the security branch should at least be wearing Gropo like BDU's, shouldn't they? Like the green fatigues they started wearing after B5 declares independence.
The EA security uniforms struck me as looking something a cop would wear versus military poilice (which I believe was what B5 security fell under the umbrella of).

For overall costume work, I love the 80's Dune film. The uniforms for House Atredes looked snazy and the still-suits were well done as well. One of the few things about the movie I liked.

The TOS movie uniforms were cool, but I hated the enlisted/cadet jump-suits.
-A.L.
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence...Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." - Calvin Coolidge

"If you're falling off a cliff you may as well try to fly, you've got nothing to lose." - John Sheridan (Babylon 5)

"Sometimes you got to roll the hard six." - William Adama (Battlestar Galactica)