A new world

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

dragon
Sith Marauder

A new world

Post by dragon »

Ok lets see how bad my writing is.
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

Evacuation Point 4

Emergency lighting flickered from the overhead lights castings deep shadows on the men behind the barricade. The battle weary troops quickly stripped their fallen comrades of weapons and ammo in preparation for the next attack while their commander stood there on guard with one other both keeping a watchful eye on the sensors.

“Here they come sir” the calm solider said as he readied his weapon. Seeing this the few survivors quickly retook their positions ready for the next round. As the enemy came pouring around the corner the men stared in horror as a new type of enemy they had yet to encounter appeared. One solider over coming his fear and revulsion quickly raised his weapon to fire a burst at the leading target, only to see his armor piercing explosive rounds failed to pierce the armor.

“Well looks like this is it boys” stated the officer as he stared at the rushing monsters. “I will see you all in the after life” and with this the chaplain raised his weapon and filling the hall with burst of plasmas.

“They’re coming through we can’t stop them” Blared from the speakers as reports were coming in from all over the base. “Well it sure looks like we are not going to be able to keep them out much longer.” The Lt. stated to the co. The Captain glanced at the view screens only to see the chaplain fall before the enemy. In another corridor a squad of five heavily armed men in a secured position poured both ballistic and energy fire into the rapidly approaching horrors. Only to see to their disbelief as their fire bounced off the enemy shells.

“Shit” claimed the Lt. “Damn a new type, how is it every time we come up with something they find a counter to it so soon.”

“Don’t know Lt. but these aren’t going to go any further” stated the CO. As he glared at the massacre, he pushed a series of commands into the console. A harsh white light erupted from the screen before going dark.

“Sir! Reports from space command all remaining ships have successfully escaped the system.”

“Great as least most of them made it out. Well looks like it’s our turn Lt. Arm the device” stated the CO. With that command the lt. turned to a console to pick up a bracelet he attached to his arm.

“Self destructs are tied into our life signs. When we die so do they.” The Lt. turned to the blast doors only to see them start to glow red. Glancing at ensign next to him he noticed the cold sweat on the young man face and his twitching hands the Lt. smiled. “Relax son this will all be over soon.”

And with that the Lt. moved over to his position beside the door and brought up his rifle as the door started to turn white.

Evacuation Point 5

“Sir the screen” exclaimed a young sergeant. The general looked over to see to his dismay a rapidly expanding cloud of plasma on the eastern seaboard as a multiple Naquadria enhanced fusion explosions tore apart the Appalachian Mountains. The shock wave sped through the atmosphere engulfing enemy ships ripping them to iridescent splinters.

“Damn I was hoping they would last longer. Start up the system sergeant.”

“Aye, sir dialing now wormhole established. Well sire it got there attention I am detecting several enemy ships moving toward us”

“Well let’s give them a surprise activate the generators.”

“Aye sir, antimatter power plant full activation in 30 seconds.” The general looked over at the colonel “well I hope this new tech works like it supposed to.”

“Don’t worry sire if it doesn’t we won’t even know.”

“That hardy comforting you know” as he glared at the grinning fool beside him. As he listened to the tech before him.

“Primary shield on line, secondary shield on line, tertiary shield on stand by, missile batteries on line, energy batteries on line, ground defense batteries online. Sir all system are online and at full power.”

“Excellent, colonel I want you to go through with the evacuees they will need your abilities.”

“But sire you should go”

“No colonel they need someone that will have the energy to do what is needed to be done.”

“I guess your right sire as much as I hate to leave.” Stated the colonel as he came to attention and executed a sharp salute. The general smiled and instead stuck his hand out. And as he shook the colonel hand he wished him luck. As he watched his friend descend the stairs he moved.

The general moved over to one sergeant and told him to leave and follow the colonel. As the sergeant rose and the general slipped into the couch, allowing his mind to merge with the defense systems he whispered to himself “Let’s do it.”

Location unknown

The colonel stood on a near by hill as he watched hundreds of people stream through the gate only to see it flicker and die. Sighing as he watched people realize that many of their loved ones didn’t make it. He turned to the ground ships commander. “Are the destruct charges ready?”

“Yeah all power plants and all remaining warheads are ready to go as one.”

“Good I expect them to be following soon so make sure every is through the rift” pointing over his shoulder at the glowing red rift behind him. As he stood looking at the grounded ship Only to hear comm. Traffic stating enemy ships have been detected and in route eta 45 minutes.

As the last of the evacuees disappeared through the rift the colonel looked to the sky to see the first of the scout ships enter the atmosphere. “Will the explosion be enough to cover our trail” he asked the commander beside him.

“Hell there won’t be much left of the planet so yeah I would say so.”

“Good lets go then” and with that the few remaining personnel moved to the rift pressing in the codes to the ships. As them disappeared into the rip in the universe the ships power plants exploded as one.
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

Chapter 2
Day 2, Year 0
New home

Three building stood out in the valley overflowing with refugee. Considering the nature of the disaster they had managed to accomplish an astonishing amount having constructed their hospital, their first main construction facility and their new town hall.
Now after two days of intense work the surviving refugees gathered around the new constructed town hall in order to hear what was going on.

As the new governor ascended the step to the mike the crowd grew quite. As the projectors and sound system carried his appearance to all he started to speak.

“Ladies and Gentleman, I am sorry that before now no one has informed you of what has happened. Many of you were taken from your homes and family with no notice. I am going to introduce you to Colonel Smith who will brief us all on what happened, Colonel.”

“Greetings every one I am Colonel Smith and I am going to tell you a horror story, we are all that is left of the human race.” As he said this many people started crying while others denied it as loud as they could. As the crowd eventually calmed down he began to speak again.

“Seven days ago on August 17, 2135 we received a mayday call from our colony on Lindel. By time our patrol arrived not only was the system defense utterly smashed the colony itself was dead. No one had been left alive the buildings them selves were untouched. As our patrol scoured the nearby system for clues three more distress signals were detected.”

“As our fleet mobilized dozens of colonies and patrol had report contact with an unknown race. Our allies as well were reporting contact. One day after the fleet left we lost all contact with our allies, our colony and our fleet. At this point the decision was made to activate the escape plan. This plan consisted of gathering and sending as many qualified people through the gates and into a dimensional rift.”

“While this was a long shot the human race was facing extinction. Finally on August 19, the enemy arrived in our system. They blew through our defense taking sever causalities, yet they kept coming. Finally after several days of fighting they broke our remaining defenses. By this point we had already evacuated most of you and they arrived at Earth. As they invade our gate facilities we finally saw what they were.”

With this the colonel placed an image on the screen. As many people in the audience started screaming in fear and horror, the colonel turn to face the monitor. On the screen was a creature that defied all science. Hideously deformed central body surrounded by twisting tentacles.

“This is just one of the being encountered. In the course of the fight 15 separate classes, I suppose you could call them, was seen. They overwhelmed our planet and before we left they had already started bombarding our cities.”

“Before I leave one thing you should know. Out of 23 colonized systems and a population of over 40 billion the million and half of you are that is left. It is up to us to rebuild our society. I am now going to turn this back over to the governor and he will start informing you of what needed to be done.” With that the colonel descended the steps and disappeared around the stage before the crowd could see the tears forming in his eyes.

Day 5, Year 0

The colonel sat at his desk muttering under his breadth about stupid paperwork as he read the latest reports from the scout ships. As his eyes swept the cluttered room someone knocked on his door. “God damn it come in and it had better be important” he growled.
Upon seeing the logistics officer poked his head in the door with a look on his face the colonel started to swear.

“Sir we have a problem after going over all the supplies we realized we only have enough fuel for 6 months” the officer stated nervously as he waited the explosion. It wasn’t long in coming as the colonel raised from his chair a thunderous expression on his face.

“What the hell do you mean we were supposed to have enough fuel for 50 years at full production?”

“Sir it appears the people back home only gave us 2 percent of the fuel we were supposed to get.”

“Damn that means I can’t shoot them. Ok what about alternatives.”

“Well sir we can divert some of the production to building solar power satellites and to start mining H3 from the nearby moons but that is only going to postpone the power problem a short while. We already started to prioritize production to limit power usage but it doesn’t look good. We can’t pull any fuel from the scout ships or the weapons.”

“What about that device that was discovered on PX something or other that zero point something.”

“Sir they couldn’t even get it to work back home much less here.”

“Yeah whatever tell the scout ships to start looking in the near by systems for a possible fuel source. Speaking of the scout ships what have they found” he asked of the xo that he just now realized had accompanied the supply officer.

“Well survey of this system show very little of interest, however they did detect what appears to be an abandon yet extensive mine on a several nearby asteroids. Also they have detect faint transmission of an unknown origin coming from toward deep space, possible in a near by system or perhaps even further. There is no sign of any possible of any usable fuel in this system. Should I send them to the next system?”

“Aye do that, also send Captain Knight on a long range exploration. See if he can find the source of the signals?”

Unnamed system 5

“Damn it Pete this is the fifth system we have explored and while we found a few small deposits of Naquhada we still can’t pinpoint those signals.” The captain complained to his first officer.

“Well it appears that what ever these signals are they keep moving. Its most likely they are on a ship of some kind.”

“What the hell are they doing flying around us in circles.”

“Maybe their trying to figure out whom we are.”

“Sir, we have some kind of gravimetric disturbance on sensors, range 500km” the young navigator said.

“What why so close.”

“Unknown sir what ever it is its moving towards us slowly… wait I am picking up more disturbances. Placing source on main screen.”

As the screen focused on the area in question a disturbance as if space it self was twisting appeared. As the disturbance grew a ship appeared. The ship like none they had seen before, dark green twin wings swept out from the central green vessel as a long neck jutted its way towards them menacingly.

“Sir receiving a hail of some kind, it matches the types of signals we have been tracking.”

“Well put them on screen.”

As the screen changed from the darken exterior of the vessel to the harsh reddish light of the interior the captain and crew opened their eyes in shock as what appeared to be human surrounded by strange creatures with ridges on their heads.

“Attention unknown vessel you I am Captain Blake of the Federation – Klingon vessel Saskia. Know this you have entered contested space between the Federation – Klingon Alliance and Romulan – Dominion Empire. Stand by for boarding, and I would advise you not to resist.”

With this the screen darkened to reveal dozens of ship fading into being. Not only the small green vessels but dozens of huge green vessels intermingled with white saucer shaped ships.
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

Chap 4.

As the earth scout ship sat in the cold depths of space surround by dozens of ships, some at point blank range where a single enhanced warhead would take out several, to the large ones hanging back as far as several hundred thousand kilometers, Captain Knight reassured his crew.

“Ok everyone stay calm and at your stations, we are quests here and we need their help. Tactical keep all power away from shields and weapons …. What the hell is that?”

Captain Knight quickly turned towards the shimmering sound that was emanating form the corners of the bridge. As he stared a form of something appeared however even after it had faded into view it quickly shifted and blurred almost as if parts of the body was shifting in and out of this space. As pieces of the body appeared then disappeared Knight managed to ascertain some type of large black bulky armor.

After a minute of standing there a fifth column of light appeared in the center of the bridge and quickly resolved into a Human of medium size wearing a suit of deep black leather like substance. After looking around he approached Knight and with a glance at two of the guards they left and walked towards the rear of the ship towards the engine room shifting as they went.

“So Captain I am special envoy Jason and I have been sent to ascertain your status. But first I regret to inform you that we shall have to perform a through medical check to make sure you are not changelings or carry any kind of disease. So please let’s begin.” And with that the other two guards approached the crew with medical kits.

An hour later as Captain Knight and his crew sat in the lounge with the envoy he again apologized. “Captain Knight I am sorry but after over 10 years of conflict I am sure you can understand our concern. And while I am saddened to hear of your problems we have our own.” As the envoy started pacing he started to explain that there was little or no help available. “While I sorry you have lost almost 40 billion I hate to say it but that’s nothing to what we have lost. In the last 10 years the Federation – Klingon Alliance has lost almost 300 billion and we have no idea how many the Romulans or Dominion lost.” Ignoring the gasp of disbelief coming from his audience he continued. “This doesn’t count the Cardaisains Empire that we destroyed before the war started, which of course was a ploy to get us to force the Romulans to join the Dominion.”

“Then of course there was the spark of this one.” As the envoy said this his eyes took on a look of haunting as he explained.

10 years ago

Eight massive ships each three times the size of a Galaxy class starships moved into view firing as they went as defensive satellites poured plasma torpedoes into the shields of the first one. Massive explosions rocked the ship slowing weakening the shields, however before they could fail the massive ships fired smashing through the shields of the satellites almost if they weren’t there.

As the ship approached the planet massive planetary defensive batteries opened up pouring large amount of disrupter fire into the ship further weakening the shields. As the batteries cooled down to fire again the ships returned the favor. As massive planetary assault phasers stabbed out of the ship reaching down boiling away cloud cover to smash into the defensive shields surrounding the disrupters. Quickly eroding the shields they destroyed the sites. And as massive fireballs erupted into the sky the assault ships moved into a high orbit.

As one 16 assault phasers stabbed out into the shields surrounding the main colony the first ten was actually stopped as the shields shunted the energy into massive capacitors and heat sinks. The next four, drastically weakened by the shields, punched through causing massive damage to the city. As the finally two hit into the city unopposed a massive fireball, visible from the moon, exploded into being. Even before the shockwave had destroyed the city, the ship fired again, this time configured for drilling, the beams dug into the still glowing crater. Quickly burrowing into the ground a hole almost a km in diameter was dug and within minutes reached the mantle.

Before the molten mantle had a chance to travel up the hole 8 shuttle craft size objects was launched from the ships in orbit. Quickly they flashed down and into the hole and they reached the end of their journey 100GT of tri-cobalt exploded as one. Even as the massive underground radioactive laced shockwave raced through the planet causing long dormant volcano to erupt, a massive column of radioactive molten rock rose dozens of kilometers into the atmosphere quickly causing a toxic cloud cover to start forming. Even before the geyser had reached the top of its arc the ships had moved to a new position and fired again. In the space of an hour the enemy ship had repeated their atrocities six times and even before they had finished a radioactive cloud had covered half the planet and was expanding.

As the ships left orbit and warped out a small fleet of Romulan ships appeared and quickly moved to started rescue but they were to late all 100 million colonist were dead or dying. Quickly the fleet formed up and left to extract revenge upon the federation for doing this.

Present
As the envoy finished showing the recording form one of the surviving satellites he spoke. “At the time neither the Romunlans nor the federation knew that it was a ploy of the dominion using holographic equipped ships to stage these attacks. And after the Federation and klingons had destroyed the Cardies the Romunlans did not believe us. And know even though we know we are unable to convince them. So while I wish we could help we are in our on troubles as the war is getting worse.”