Ford Prefect's Outback Adventures (Now with extra pictures)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Ford Prefect's Outback Adventures (Now with extra pictures)

Post by Ford Prefect »

Well, I went camping with the Saint Vincent de Paul Society and some kids from the Migrant Resource Centre. We decided to go south . . . far south. As far south as you can go, actually.

Behold! Pictures!

Not all of them, though. Just a couple for now, because of my bastard ISP and the huge size of the pictures.

Look, it is Ford Prefect standing before Antarctica!

That there is the southern most point in Tasmania. We didn't go there (no tracks), but hey.

That was the beach we had lunch at - the southern most beach in Tasmania! Wow!

This is Dave. He's the Youth Coordinator for our conference. He's a little strange when in the fresh air.

The most Southern Staircase in Tasmania! And one of the most southern in the whole world, if I had my way, at least.

Behold my magnificence! Wonder at my teeth! Watch me squint in the merciless light of the sun!

MORE PICTURES!

Me and Bec, sitting on the edge of a cliff.

Aforesaid cliff.

This is Sam. Isn't he great?

Are you ready boots?

Me and Brea, on the Most Southern Beach in Tasmania.

Intrepid Vinnies Youth after a good seven kilometre hike.

EVEN MORE PICTURES!

That thing there is the Huon Jet Boat. The Huon is a river in the south. The Huon Jet Boat is god of the waters. The thing can pull maybe sixty km/h and has a propensity for being able to pull insanely tight turns and spins. If ever you get the chance, I suggest that you go on it.

Just after our first spin. Connie doesn't look that happy, eh?

That's just how good it is. Two thumbs up from me.

THE PICTURES! THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!

Local wildlife. For those of you not in the know, it's a possum.

Smile! Isn't she cute when freezing?

This is John, or Otto-Otto, as Abdul calls him. He makes a mean pancake.

This is quite obviously me, just recently emerged from Miracle Creek Cave.
Last edited by Ford Prefect on 2005-09-10 09:33pm, edited 4 times in total.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

TASSIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it not one of the most beautiful places on earth? Did you venture into Hobart at all?

:mrgreen:
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Hey, that's the first picture I've ever seen of Ford. HUZZAH!

And wow, that place is beautiful! No sharks?
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Zaia
Inamorata

Re: Ford Prefect's Outback Adventures

Post by Zaia »

Ford Prefect wrote:He's a little strange when in the fresh air.
That reminds me, did you notice a change in air quality when you arrived in Tassie? I remember flying from Melbourne to Hobart and being smacked in the face with the reminder of how clean Tassie's air is when I got off the plane. It was that big a difference.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Unless if those other places were really THAT stinky, how is air quality noticeable? (Maybe I've just stayed in stinky places for too long :()

Personally, I respond to cold or cool air better. Mmmmm... I love it cold and airconditioned. My place is so fucking humid.
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Re: Ford Prefect's Outback Adventures

Post by Ford Prefect »

Zaia wrote: That reminds me, did you notice a change in air quality when you arrived in Tassie? I remember flying from Melbourne to Hobart and being smacked in the face with the reminder of how clean Tassie's air is when I got off the plane. It was that big a difference.
I notice how bad the air quality gets when I go to the mainland, yes.
What is Project Zohar?

weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Zaia - Ford lives in Hobart...

He issss one of ussssss.
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

weemadando wrote:Zaia - Ford lives in Hobart...

He issss one of ussssss.
Seriously?! Damnit that should be ME living there! Hmph.

I mean, that's nice for you. Whereabout in Hobart? :D
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

God, that's awesome :D It looks like you had a lot of fun... and it's so beautiful there! :shock: What pretty, pretty landscape.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Thats pretty average for Tassie. Nice, but not astounding...

Places like Wineglass Bay, Bay of Fires, Asbestos Ranges, Walls of Jerusalem and so on are much nicer.

Shit, even places in the middle of cities like the Cataract Gorge and Cora Linn in Launceston and Mt Wellington and much of the Derwent River (once you get past Kingston) are quite spectacular.

Its just Tassie. We're awesome.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

And, on the air quality note - the entirity of the Melbourne CBD on my last visit had a pervasive smell of urine. Sorry Stofsk, I'm sure it wasn't you - but there you go...
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Zaia wrote:
I mean, that's nice for you. Whereabout in Hobart? :D
Near the border of Glenorchy and Hobart, in a blue and pink house. It's rather nice, actually.
Pick wrote: God, that's awesome :D It looks like you had a lot of fun... and it's so beautiful there! :shock: What pretty, pretty landscape.
It is quite pretty, but Ando's right, there are far nicer places around. Freycinet Penisula is the best example of it, but everytime I go there it storms.
What is Project Zohar?

Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

The funny thing is, you look exactly like I envisioned Ford Prefect when I read The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy...
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

weemadando wrote:And, on the air quality note - the entirity of the Melbourne CBD on my last visit had a pervasive smell of urine. Sorry Stofsk, I'm sure it wasn't you - but there you go...
...eeew. What's a CBD?

Anyway, goddamn that looks like a helluva lot of fun.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:
weemadando wrote:And, on the air quality note - the entirity of the Melbourne CBD on my last visit had a pervasive smell of urine. Sorry Stofsk, I'm sure it wasn't you - but there you go...
...eeew. What's a CBD?

Anyway, goddamn that looks like a helluva lot of fun.
Central Business District.

One of these:

Image Image