military dining out (pic heavy)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

dragon
Sith Marauder

military dining out (pic heavy)

Post by dragon »

Well we just had our BN dining out and boy was it boring.

The cake cutting cermony. THe girl is the youngest person in the BN and the oul guy is the oldest. The black guy is our CSM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ ... G_1566.jpg

Bunch of drunk NCO's singing
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ ... G_1550.jpg

Our BN CO getting food
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ ... G_1499.jpg

One of our mid ranked NCO getting drunk
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ ... G_1486.jpg

My first line supervisor before he got drunk
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ ... 051199.jpg

And of course me and my wife
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ ... R05119.jpg
Last edited by dragon on 2005-09-08 12:29pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Nice pics.

Suggestion? Linkify or shrink 'em... afraid they're a wee bit humonogous...
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

How do I shrink them
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Use one of the freebie image editors, check the stickies at the top of this page. I'm partial to irfanview, but Gimp might also serve your purposes. Just find 'Resize', probably in the Edit menu, and it should give you a window where you can pick your size-- I generally work in inches, personally, as it makes it easier to print 'em out photo size if I need to do that.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Nice pics, though some are a bit too big and you might want to flip some of those 90 degrees.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

Only problem is I use my work computer and not allowed to install software.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

dragon wrote:Only problem is I use my work computer and not allowed to install software.
then make them links instead.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

Lord Revan wrote:
dragon wrote:Only problem is I use my work computer and not allowed to install software.
then make them links instead.
K
RogueIce
_______

Re: military dining out (pic heavy)

Post by RogueIce »

dragon wrote:Well we just had our BN dining out and boy was it boring.

The cake cutting cermony. THe girl is the youngest person in the BN and the oul guy is the oldest. The black guy is our CSM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ ... G_1566.jpg
The young woman is rather cute.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

May I express suprise that said youngest woman was not in uniform for a formal occasion?
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

CmdrWilkens wrote:May I express suprise that said youngest woman was not in uniform for a formal occasion?
Army policy (at least here in Germany) is during a dining out the female areauthorized cilivian dress, only during a dining in are they required to be in unifrom
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Very nice pics, and if you hadn't mentioned that you guys were from Germany, I would've thought you were from the US military or something. Groovy.

Oh, and how come a hell of a lot of those folks have so much medals? And why didn't you take a picture of the cake? :(
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Very nice pics, and if you hadn't mentioned that you guys were from Germany, I would've thought you were from the US military or something. Groovy.

Oh, and how come a hell of a lot of those folks have so much medals? And why didn't you take a picture of the cake? :(
Most of the medals aren't that important-- you can get them for just being in the right area or time. Like my brother-- he was until recently a midshipman at the Naval Academy-- but he still got a medal for being in the service during the Afghanistan/Iraq campaign.... as did all other members of the military :P

Others are for achievement-- shooting notably. Being a good boy, always being where they were supposed to be when on duty. Taking on extra years of service. That kind of thing. The really important medals don't come by too often, though.
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Very nice pics, and if you hadn't mentioned that you guys were from Germany, I would've thought you were from the US military or something. Groovy.

We are from the US military. We are just stationec in Germany and the cake was terrible
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

:shock:

They make you wear a bowtie?

Glad I was in the Corps. NO BOWTIES in the Corps. :D
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Knife wrote::shock:

Nope. They'll just choke you with the collars instead. :P
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

RogueIce wrote:

There's a reason you go to a tailor, you know that, right?
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Knife wrote:
RogueIce wrote:

There's a reason you go to a tailor, you know that, right?
That would make too much sense. It has no place in the military. Especially not for those of us trying to be officers.

Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

RogueIce wrote:
That would make too much sense. It has no place in the military. Especially not for those of us trying to be officers.
If an infantry grunt could find a tailor, I'm sure you all mighty officers can too.

RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Knife wrote:
RogueIce wrote:
If an infantry grunt could find a tailor, I'm sure you all mighty officers can too.
I'll make some PFC do it for me.

Wait, he might fuck it up accidently. And a Sergeant would probably fuck it up on purpose and say it was an accident.

Damn it, guess I'm on my own. :cry:

Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

RogueIce wrote:
Knife wrote:
RogueIce wrote:

Wait, he might fuck it up accidently. And a Sergeant would probably fuck it up on purpose and say it was an accident.

ANy SGT worth his salt would burn it if you made him talilor it.

dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

Knife wrote:
RogueIce wrote:
Knife wrote: If an infantry grunt could find a tailor, I'm sure you all mighty officers can too.

Either that or make it so when you where you are stained, then manage to convice you it was your fault

ANy SGT worth his salt would burn it if you made him talilor it.