Verdigris Complete (see pg 4) (56K warn)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Dalton wrote:Finance, bah!
Eloquently said. :D
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

As long you keep up your fantastic work and want to show us when you can...we'll accept it.

But really you could make real money doing it :D .
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

:oops: Thanks so much for your kind words, guys, I'm quite honored indeed you think so much of my art. This is really the kind of stuff that keeps me full of initiative, so thank you all :D

This time around it's... UMBER!

Yes, I said I'd do Verdigris, and I plan to, but I wanted to get another doll done before summer vacation was officially over, and I knew to do that I'd have to choose my simplest character to do. Plus I love Umber so very, very much. He's my second favorite after Edge :wink:.

Umber is the Historian of the Council of Syvoria. It's a crappy position that, though one of the 'equal' ten seats of the Syvorian high council, is generally reserved for Councilors who are 'past their prime', be it through mental or physical means. It's for those whose legacy is enough to wish to keep honor to their names by not technically demoting them, but still giving them a place where they can't do much harm. If it's not needed, it just goes to an old guy :wink:. Anyway, Umber, however, hates his job. You see, unlike what such a move of position would insinuate, he really is quite competent still. In fact, he has much more impressive credentials and abilities than the person who replaced him... but Umber got on some people's shit lists, and ended up paying a high price for his... well, jackassery. :wink: He's vowed to get his job back, but as of so far, zero luck.

He alone of all people in Syvoria has two toes, and there is a reason for that. He is also probably the oldest Syvorian.

My camera's being a fucking whore. I'll try to get a better picture of him tomorrow at school (with my teacher's camera, mmm, teacher's camera!)

Crappy photo 1

Crappy photo 2
His proportions are VERY screwy, but that's intentional to exaggerate how twiggy he is 8). I'd also post a picture of him without his robe (not dress! Robe!) but I don't know if you'd want to see that. It's very creepy.

He's thinner than Alder and taller than Edge :shock:
Last edited by Pick on 2005-09-12 08:55pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Oooh, very nice. I particular like that he does not have proper proportions. It gives a great aspect of being more otherworldly and has the sense of just being screwy to the eyes.

Excellent work.

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

Sweet.

I love the huge claws on his toes.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Interesting, kind of has Froud-ish qualities to it.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

He does have that kind of "Ancient One" air about him.
Very nice. :)
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

You rock.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Camera's still broken, but I thought I'd show off what I do...

... in one day of school.

This is why a lot of teachers think I don't pay attention :oops:. I am paying attention! I just multitask :wink: ...

Edge has pointy claws!

Edge looks serious, for once.

Quick and big.

Next to a sketch I didn't finish...
ImageYounger Umber looks a bit unhappy....

ImageImagine why...... :twisted:

The fact that his feet here are clearly hooves and not claws is kind of a minor story-spoiler, but meeeeeh :lol:. And he's making a ":wtf:" face. He's very, very full of wrath right there, though he's a bit more careful about getting visibly angry than some. Aww, poor, poor Umber........... :P

:wink:
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

The form of the bottom Umber is simply amazing. Really, if you were to sell these, people would buy them. I would buy them.
The Rift
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

I think unfinished drawings are sort of interesting, that they have a somewhat different energy to them compared to finished drawings.

And yeah, Pick, what're your commission rates for dolls/figures? :)
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Unfortunately, Spanky, I won't take any commissions for dolls at least until the Council set is finished. It's my Senior art project, so it has to take top priority.

Here's Umber, though, with pictures taken at school with a sexy, sexy camera :o. I want a camera like this one... so nice. So very, very nice.

Here he's just lying down. One of the tips of one of his ears chipped off, so I need to fix it, but it's a very minor thing and unsurprising considering how I toted him around the school (and to a movie. And around town...)

Closeup! I like how his neck came out. His eyes are hematite.

His hand up close

And another sketchdump to show the new stuff!

Shader Concept Sketches (to try to figure out how to draw him :wink:)

First concept sketch

Another Shader concept

Full-body concept

And the last Shader concept

Face sketches of a different character.

And some concepts for a character that barely shows up, ever :P

As for new dolls, both Verdigris and Shader's heads and torsoes are finished. :D
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

I like the concept art, Shader looks quite interesting. I wonder though, what are the things on his cheeks?

As for new dolls, both Verdigris and Shader's heads and torsoes are finished.
Wow, you work very quickly. Heck, it would probably take me days to make one of Umber's hands. :)
The Rift
Pick
Sith Marauder

Verdigris and Shader

Post by Pick »

:D And now, since I found my camera cable, Shader and Verdigris! Ta-daa! Who I technically should have made before Umber and Alder considering votes, but oh well. I haven't done the clothes yet; I'll either do that tomorrow or over the course of this next week.

Here's Verdigris, the butch girl who I have a picture of on page 1. :)

Though you can't tell with these pictures, hooboy... her fingernails, toenails, kneecaps, and elbows are all made of polished stone, from three pairs of hokey earrings I clipped up. That was a pain in the ass, and I'm very much hoping I don't have to do that again. They're of the same material as her horns. I ended up with some cuts on my fingers from working with the sharp edges. I wrapped a bit of gold velvet around her just to avoid "OMG TITS!" comments, with any luck :wink:. It makes her looks strangely cavewomanish, which couldn't be less accurate.

She sure has long hair...

A bit of a close-up, plus I gave her two earrings (one on the other side)

In full, without posing.

And now Shader!... Well, where to begin with Shader... Shader's eyes are green cat's-eye-stone (well, colored white ones) irises with black 'whites' which is why they look strage, and white pupils as well. Not really a functional eye, but a pretty one, so I don't care :). The scales on his body are tanned rattlesnake scales that I cut out and applied. I love snakes, but this was worth it :oops:. And though he has some fur for bulking and bangs, his hair was my greatest sacrifice. That is... because it's... MY hair :wink:. Which hadn't been cut for years (it's mostly on back, but also the curls.)

So cute!

Shader poses VERY well :D.

They'll both get their 'good' photo shoots once they have their clothes all sewn and stuff. :lol:

EDIT- Oh, and Ire, they're just markings on his face; they're naturally occurring. :)
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

:) Too bad the artistic shock's never the same after you've already done a few before.

My dolls like trees!

And jungle gyms...

Oooh, backlit goodness. She's got some wild hair, but I draw it like that. :)

And because I'm silly as hell. They are friends in the story though. :wink:

Fucking huge jelly bean though for the size... :lol:
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

Congratulations on the brilliant effort, my young maestro.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Maestro is right...that's just...Verdigris...wow...*passes out*
JADAFETWA
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

As always Pick, Verdigris is simply awesome.
And the craftmanship of her clothing is amazing too. :)
The Rift
Alan Bolte
Sith Devotee

Post by Alan Bolte »

That backlit image is simply amazing.
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
There's just no arguing with some people once they've made their minds up about something, and I accept that. That's why I kill them. -Othar
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

I know several people who make me cry because of their talent. You're one of them.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

I like the Jelly Bean bit. All in all fantastic work.

El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

Post by El Moose Monstero »

Backlit image definately cool, there's something very lifelike about that shot. An amazing set, am sure your senior art project is in the highest of bags. :D
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie