OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

AylaKat
Redshirt

Stupid ebay sale

Post by AylaKat »

eBay link

Yummy caffeine free diet coke.
"Until today, it really pissed me off that I'd become this totally centered Zen Master and nobody had noticed. Still, I'm doing the little FAX thing. I write little HAIKU things and FAX them around to everyone. When I pass people in the hall at work, I get totally ZEN right in everyone's hostile little FACE."

--Fight Club
brothersinarm
Padawan Learner

Post by brothersinarm »

I've seen worse on ebay. There will always be crazy people selling stupid junk on it. Check out Jay Leno's Tonight Show. Sometimes they show the worse on Ebay, although it is questionable whether some of the items they listed are real.
Everyone knows the formation by which you achieved victory, yet no one knows the formations by which you were able to create victory
- Sun Tzu
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker
Location: Ulthwé Craftworld, plotting the downfall of the Imperium.

Post by Lord Zentei »

Kid, dress your link! Think of the children, you horrible person. And that's one in-your-face avvie you got there. Yikes.

OT: Yes, ebay sales are often stupid. Unfortunately for the ebay people, many such things as this are spoofs, where they won't make any money on the transaction. Unfortunately for the human gene pool, many others are not spoofs.
CotK <mew> | HAB | JL | MM | TTC | Cybertron

TAX THE CHURCHES! - Lord Zentei TTC Supreme Grand Prophet

And the LORD said, Let there be Bosons! Yea and let there be Bosoms too!
I'd rather be the great great grandson of a demon ninja than some jackass who grew potatos. -- Covenant
Dead cows don't fart. -- CJvR
...and I like strudel! :mrgreen: -- Asuka
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

THIS is why Ebay charges people to post auctions. The fool and his money are soon parted.
"everytime a person is born the Earth weighs just a little more."--DMJ on StarTrek.com
"You see now you are using your thinking and that is not a good thing!" DMJay on StarTrek.com

"Watching Sarli argue with Vympel, Stas, Schatten and the others is as bizarre as the idea of the 40-year-old Virgin telling Hugh Hefner that Hef knows nothing about pussy, and that he is the expert."--Elfdart
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Lord Zentei wrote:Kid, dress your link! Think of the children, you horrible person. And that's one in-your-face avvie you got there. Yikes.
Yeah, my sister is weird like that.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
mjn6172
Padawan Learner

Post by mjn6172 »

Why oh why is there even a MARKET for this crap? I can see Caffeine-Free Coke (Don't want to be up all night, but you want something sweet). I can see Diet Coke (Don't want all of those calories, but maybe you need some caffeine to wake you up). Caffeine-Free Diet Coke though? You're paying 50 cents for a can of nasty, foul tasting swill. At that point, you'd be better off just drinking water.
Clever and witty signature to be inserted here, just as soon as I think of one.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

There's worse. Didn't someone try to auction off an air guitar once? Or several times? :lol:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

mjn6172 wrote:Why oh why is there even a MARKET for this crap? I can see Caffeine-Free Coke (Don't want to be up all night, but you want something sweet). I can see Diet Coke (Don't want all of those calories, but maybe you need some caffeine to wake you up). Caffeine-Free Diet Coke though? You're paying 50 cents for a can of nasty, foul tasting swill. At that point, you'd be better off just drinking water.
Just as there are people who like escargot, there are people who like the tase of Coke but don't want the calories or caffeine.
"everytime a person is born the Earth weighs just a little more."--DMJ on StarTrek.com
"You see now you are using your thinking and that is not a good thing!" DMJay on StarTrek.com

"Watching Sarli argue with Vympel, Stas, Schatten and the others is as bizarre as the idea of the 40-year-old Virgin telling Hugh Hefner that Hef knows nothing about pussy, and that he is the expert."--Elfdart
Sharpshooter
Jedi Master

Post by Sharpshooter »

Rogue 9 wrote:There's worse. Didn't someone try to auction off an air guitar once? Or several times? :lol:
Not only that, but since I started hanging around here, I think I've seen sales for the Holy Grail, the planet Tatooine (spelled just like that, IIRC) the ghost of someone's grandfather, and a possessed doll.

Human stupidity and shysterism knows no bounds...
This has been another blunder by you friendly local idiot.
Adrian Laguna
Sith Marauder

Post by Adrian Laguna »

Darth Servo wrote:Just as there are people who like escargot, there are people who like the tase of Coke but don't want the calories or caffeine.
HEY!!!!! What's wrong with escargot? I mean, aside from being overpriced considering its just some fucking snails. Unless it's some kind of rare snail that is only found in deepest parts of the Forests of Loss, which in turn are near the top of the Wailing Mountains, that you have to cross the River of Dispair to get to. So people have to go to all the trouble of paying for a cargo helicopter to harverst a buch of snales.
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

Adrian Laguna wrote:
Darth Servo wrote:Just as there are people who like escargot, there are people who like the tase of Coke but don't want the calories or caffeine.
HEY!!!!! What's wrong with escargot?
Take a poll of how many people like the stuff.

Anyway, do you people actually go LOOKING for these ridiculous ebay auctions? I pretty much stick in the Transformers section.

Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Just as there are people who like escargot, there are people who like the tase of Coke but don't want the calories or caffeine.
I like the taste of Coke personally, and I generally don't drink it for a boost (caffeine has a minimal effect on me) but the problem is, caffeine free diet coke doesnt taste like Coke. It tastes like, well, polluted water.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

Noble Ire wrote:I like the taste of Coke personally, and I generally don't drink it for a boost (caffeine has a minimal effect on me) but the problem is, caffeine free diet coke doesnt taste like Coke. It tastes like, well, polluted water.
Good for you. Its still just a pesronal preference.

And guess what guys, someone actually BID on the thing. Won the autction for a whole 25 cents. :roll:

Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker
Location: Ulthwé Craftworld, plotting the downfall of the Imperium.

Post by Lord Zentei »

Dalton wrote:
Lord Zentei wrote:Kid, dress your link! Think of the children, you horrible person. And that's one in-your-face avvie you got there. Yikes.
Yeah, my sister is weird like that.
She's your sister? Well, well. :)
Not only that, but since I started hanging around here, I think I've seen sales for the Holy Grail, the planet Tatooine (spelled just like that, IIRC) the ghost of someone's grandfather, and a possessed doll.

Human stupidity and shysterism knows no bounds...
Don't forget the old grilled cheese sandwich that looked like it had the face of Jesus on it. Or was it the face of Mary? Either way, complete bollocks.
CotK <mew> | HAB | JL | MM | TTC | Cybertron

TAX THE CHURCHES! - Lord Zentei TTC Supreme Grand Prophet

And the LORD said, Let there be Bosons! Yea and let there be Bosoms too!
I'd rather be the great great grandson of a demon ninja than some jackass who grew potatos. -- Covenant
Dead cows don't fart. -- CJvR
...and I like strudel! :mrgreen: -- Asuka
Sharpshooter
Jedi Master

Post by Sharpshooter »

Lord Zentei wrote:Don't forget the old grilled cheese sandwich that looked like it had the face of Jesus on it. Or was it the face of Mary? Either way, complete bollocks.
Oh, yes, and the Darth Vader French Toast slice!

You know, it'd be funny if the guy who won the action lived only three or four blocks away from the guy who sold it. What a way to rub salt in the wound...
This has been another blunder by you friendly local idiot.
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

It's debatable just how popular these -weird- ebay items would be if it wasn't for thousands of people on message boards posting links to them.

I wish people would take similar interest in my ebay sales of history books and the like. ;)
"I'm personally against seeing my pictures and statues in the streets - but it's what the people want." - Saparmurat Niyazov
"I'm not good in groups. It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent." - Q
HAB Military Intelligence: Providing sexed-up dodgy dossiers for illegal invasions since 2003.