SDN The gathering cards?

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Wyrm
Jedi Council Member

Post by Wyrm »

Vicious wrote:If Wyrm cares to, that change would be great, but it's fine as is if he doesn't want to.
Sure, but this is the last time I'm modifying the card, so make sure you get all the changes you want. Is "Overflame 3" the full name of the ability, or is it just called "Overflame"? This is important because it's the difference between:

B,(T): Overflame 3 (Overflame 3 deals 3 damage to...

and

B,(T): Overflame (Overflame deals 3 damage to...

There will be a brief blackout on the card as I replace the graphic.
Darth Wong on Strollers vs. Assholes: "There were days when I wished that my stroller had weapons on it."
wilfulton on Bible genetics: "If two screaming lunatics copulate in front of another screaming lunatic, the result will be yet another screaming lunatic. 8)"
SirNitram: "The nation of France is a theory, not a fact. It should therefore be approached with an open mind, and critically debated and considered."

Cornivore! | BAN-WATCH CANE: XVII | WWJDFAKB? - What Would Jesus Do... For a Klondike Bar? | Evil Bayesian Conspiracy
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

DrkHelmet wrote:[img]<znibby%20mgznib>DrkHelmet/DrkHelmet.jpg[/img]

Tell me what you think.
well, if you say you're a troll ...

Why not just use "social butterfly"?

EDIT: Grammar, stuff
Last edited by Surlethe on 2005-09-25 02:14pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker
Location: Ulthwé Craftworld, plotting the downfall of the Imperium.

Post by Lord Zentei »

DrkHelmet wrote:Tell me what you think.
That should probably be "If DrkHelmet attacks all creatures must block him if able", since attackers are declared against the opposing player, not opposing creatures per se. Normally it is the defending player who decides which creature blocks which attacker.
CotK <mew> | HAB | JL | MM | TTC | Cybertron

TAX THE CHURCHES! - Lord Zentei TTC Supreme Grand Prophet

And the LORD said, Let there be Bosons! Yea and let there be Bosoms too!
I'd rather be the great great grandson of a demon ninja than some jackass who grew potatos. -- Covenant
Dead cows don't fart. -- CJvR
...and I like strudel! :mrgreen: -- Asuka
DrkHelmet
Social Butterfly

Post by DrkHelmet »

Surlethe wrote: well, if you say you're a troll ... why not just have use "social butterfly"?
Good idea.
Lord Zentei wrote:That should probably be "If DrkHelmet attacks all creatures must block him if able", since attackers are declared against the opposing player, not opposing creatures per se. Normally it is the defending player who decides which creature blocks which attacker.
Ok if you say so. Modifying.
Vicious
Jedi Knight

Post by Vicious »

Wyrm wrote:
Vicious wrote:If Wyrm cares to, that change would be great, but it's fine as is if he doesn't want to.
Sure, but this is the last time I'm modifying the card, so make sure you get all the changes you want. Is "Overflame 3" the full name of the ability, or is it just called "Overflame"? This is important because it's the difference between:

B,(T): Overflame 3 (Overflame 3 deals 3 damage to...

and

B,(T): Overflame (Overflame deals 3 damage to...

There will be a brief blackout on the card as I replace the graphic.
Overflame 3 (Overflame deals 3 damage to...). That is how rampage, bushido, etc, work. Other than that, make him RRBB, and have Overflame be R,(T) instead of B,(T). Oh, and he should be a Rare :)

Thanks in advance, Wyrm!
MFS Angry Wookiee - PRFYNAFBTFC

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." -Richard Dawkins
DrkHelmet
Social Butterfly

Post by DrkHelmet »

How about now?

Is that better?
Last edited by DrkHelmet on 2005-09-25 03:01pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Gandalf, redone. :wink:

Whackaloon, modified:

More:
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Wyrm
Jedi Council Member

Post by Wyrm »

Surlethe wrote:It's "Instatute" ...

Otherwise, nice!
Riiight... Check it:

Fundamentalist Moron
Mission accepted!

The BUNNEEZ. OMG, TEH BUNNEEZ!
Darth Wong on Strollers vs. Assholes: "There were days when I wished that my stroller had weapons on it."
wilfulton on Bible genetics: "If two screaming lunatics copulate in front of another screaming lunatic, the result will be yet another screaming lunatic. 8)"
SirNitram: "The nation of France is a theory, not a fact. It should therefore be approached with an open mind, and critically debated and considered."

Cornivore! | BAN-WATCH CANE: XVII | WWJDFAKB? - What Would Jesus Do... For a Klondike Bar? | Evil Bayesian Conspiracy
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

I don't think anyone would bother to make one for me, but here's my card:

Duck of DOOM
Color- Red
Cost- 1+R
Type- Wait, Who's That?
0/1

[Tap]: Place a +1/+1 Noticed By Somebody Counter on Duck of DOOM. At the end of your turn, remove all Noticed By Somebody Counters.
Overshadowed: If any Legendary Creature is in play on either side, bury Duck of DOOM.

"Add 3 zeroes to all figures and disregard the first sentence because I am a moron."

[Yes, I purposefully made myself useless. I'm not sure what burying does, but it sounds right for either getting placed back in the library or put back in your hand.]
Vicious
Jedi Knight

Post by Vicious »

MRDOD wrote:I don't think anyone would bother to make one for me, but here's my card:

Duck of DOOM
Color- Red
Cost- 1+R
Type- Wait, Who's That?
0/1

[Tap]: Place a +1/+1 Noticed By Somebody Counter on Duck of DOOM. At the end of your turn, remove all Noticed By Somebody Counters.
Overshadowed: If any Legendary Creature is in play on either side, bury Duck of DOOM.

"Add 3 zeroes to all figures and disregard the first sentence because I am a moron."

[Yes, I purposefully made myself useless. I'm not sure what burying does, but it sounds right for either getting placed back in the library or put back in your hand.]
Erm, you won't be going to the hand, the library, or the graveyard: "Bury" means removed from game. Just an FYI.

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." -Richard Dawkins
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Vicious wrote: Erm, you won't be going to the hand, the library, or the graveyard: "Bury" means removed from game. Just an FYI.
Even better. That way if anyone important (what with everyone making themselves "Legendary ___") shows up I disappear entirely.
Glimmervoid
Jedi Master
Location: Some were in the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm.

Post by Glimmervoid »

Vicious wrote:
MRDOD wrote:I don't think anyone would bother to make one for me, but here's my card:

Duck of DOOM
Color- Red
Cost- 1+R
Type- Wait, Who's That?
0/1

Erm, you won't be going to the hand, the library, or the graveyard: "Bury" means removed from game. Just an FYI.
Are you sure i thought it was an old word now replace by destroy and can’t be regenerated.
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker
Location: Ulthwé Craftworld, plotting the downfall of the Imperium.

Post by Lord Zentei »

Glimmervoid wrote:Are you sure i thought it was an old word now replace by destroy and can’t be regenerated.
That's how I remember it also.
CotK <mew> | HAB | JL | MM | TTC | Cybertron

TAX THE CHURCHES! - Lord Zentei TTC Supreme Grand Prophet

And the LORD said, Let there be Bosons! Yea and let there be Bosoms too!
I'd rather be the great great grandson of a demon ninja than some jackass who grew potatos. -- Covenant
Dead cows don't fart. -- CJvR
...and I like strudel! :mrgreen: -- Asuka
Vicious
Jedi Knight

Post by Vicious »

Glimmervoid wrote:
Vicious wrote:

Duck of DOOM
Color- Red
Cost- 1+R
Type- Wait, Who's That?
0/1

Are you sure i thought it was an old word now replace by destroy and can’t be regenerated.
It's no longer printed, "Removed from the game" is used now, IIRC. When you see "Bury X" read "Remove X from the game". Cannot be regenerated is different, as cards which are destroyed and cannot be regenerated are still sent to the graveyard and are subject to Raise Dead, etc as well as anything that looks at the graveyard. "Buried" means out of the game entirely. If I use Dark Banishing on your Shivan Dragon, he's gone. You can't reanimate him later, and he doesn't count towards your graveyard card count in the case of Threshold.

Edit: Look at Dark Banishing and Incinerate. One says Bury, one says Cannot be Regenerated, but they are cards which existed simultaneously. If I Incinerate something and it's killed, it goes into the graveyard without a chance to be regenerated. However, you can Raise Dead, Zombify, Death Denied, etc it next turn and bring it back into play/your hand.

However, if I Dark Banish something, it's gone completely. Poof! into nothingness. You can't regenerate it, and you also can't bring it back later, or count it as a card in your graveyard. You'd set it aside, face down, next to your graveyard.

Wyrm
Jedi Council Member

Post by Wyrm »

If you want to be buried, MRDOD, then that's what you'll be:

Vicious, since I didn't receive a prompt reply, I just went with my gut.

EDIT: Dang! Didn't see your reply, Vicious. My fault. I will modify it once more...
EDIT2: Aaaand that should do it! MRDOD and Vicious's cards have been modified as per request.
EDIT3: Fixed Duck of DOOM
Last edited by Wyrm on 2005-09-28 01:31am, edited 4 times in total.

Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Wyrm wrote:If you want to be buried, MRDOD, then that's what you'll be:

<snip inconspicuous coolness>
Thanks! Just one request: Could you change "Totally Unnoticeable" to "Totally Unremarkable"? It sounds better and fits better, IMO.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

DrkHelmet wrote:<snip>

How about now?

Is that better?

Mine's better. :P
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Wyrm
Jedi Council Member

Post by Wyrm »

Okay, Vicious, MRDOD, your cards are now ready. Vicious, you are now rare, and have "Overflame 3" that is activated with red mana.

DOD, you're unchanged, except that I cleaned up the image a bit. I don't know if you'll notice it, but I did, and it bugged me.

Vicious
Jedi Knight

Post by Vicious »

Wyrm wrote:Okay, Vicious, MRDOD, your cards are now ready. Vicious, you are now rare, and have "Overflame 3" that is activated with red mana.

DOD, you're unchanged, except that I cleaned up the image a bit. I don't know if you'll notice it, but I did, and it bugged me.
Cool, thanks! :D

Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Wyrm wrote:Okay, Vicious, MRDOD, your cards are now ready. Vicious, you are now rare, and have "Overflame 3" that is activated with red mana.

Thanks again. [*Saved*]
Vicious
Jedi Knight

Post by Vicious »

The Fundamentalist Moron card should turn whatever creature it enchants into a Fundamentalist, as well as whatever it was before. I need something to give -1/-1 to, damnit!

Glimmervoid
Jedi Master
Location: Some were in the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm.

Post by Glimmervoid »

I wonder what my card would be like hint hint 8)
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Vicious wrote:The Fundamentalist Moron card should turn whatever creature it enchants into a Fundamentalist, as well as whatever it was before. I need something to give -1/-1 to, damnit!
It is done.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Vicious
Jedi Knight

Post by Vicious »

Noble Ire wrote:
Vicious wrote:The Fundamentalist Moron card should turn whatever creature it enchants into a Fundamentalist, as well as whatever it was before. I need something to give -1/-1 to, damnit!
It is done.
Don't quote pictures.

~Z~
Yay! Now my first ability has some use. Plus, it's doubly tapped!

SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Alyeska

Legendary Pro-Trek Debator.

Banding.
Alyeska gives +1/+1 to all Pro-Trek Debators in play.

"Oppressing dissenting opinions since 2002"

3/3

Darkstar

Legendary Troll

Indestructable.
Darkstar gives +1/+1 to all Trolls in play.

If a Legendary Pro-Wars Debator, Legendary Pro-Trek Debator, or Moderator is in play, Dark Star loses Indestructable.

3/3
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter