SDN The gathering cards?

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

Did someone say there was a webpage for making these things?
"everytime a person is born the Earth weighs just a little more."--DMJ on StarTrek.com
"You see now you are using your thinking and that is not a good thing!" DMJay on StarTrek.com

"Watching Sarli argue with Vympel, Stas, Schatten and the others is as bizarre as the idea of the 40-year-old Virgin telling Hugh Hefner that Hef knows nothing about pussy, and that he is the expert."--Elfdart
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Darth Servo wrote:Did someone say there was a webpage for making these things?
Not a webpage, but there is a downloadable program:
http://mtglair.de/editor.shtml
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

Noble Ire wrote:Not a webpage, but there is a downloadable program:
Damn, all I have is school computer access. Nada at home. Internet downloads forbidden. What kind of MST3K card could be made?
"everytime a person is born the Earth weighs just a little more."--DMJ on StarTrek.com
"You see now you are using your thinking and that is not a good thing!" DMJay on StarTrek.com

"Watching Sarli argue with Vympel, Stas, Schatten and the others is as bizarre as the idea of the 40-year-old Virgin telling Hugh Hefner that Hef knows nothing about pussy, and that he is the expert."--Elfdart
Wyrm
Jedi Council Member

Post by Wyrm »

Darth Wong wrote:Actually, the AdmiralKanos card is wrong, because the username as spelled on the board has no space.
Trouble is, we've been using Admiral Kanos all this time. Hmmm...

There. That should fix it up!

/me walks away slowly, whistling "YMCA", then breaks running.
Darth Wong on Strollers vs. Assholes: "There were days when I wished that my stroller had weapons on it."
wilfulton on Bible genetics: "If two screaming lunatics copulate in front of another screaming lunatic, the result will be yet another screaming lunatic. 8)"
SirNitram: "The nation of France is a theory, not a fact. It should therefore be approached with an open mind, and critically debated and considered."

Cornivore! | BAN-WATCH CANE: XVII | WWJDFAKB? - What Would Jesus Do... For a Klondike Bar? | Evil Bayesian Conspiracy
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Darth Servo wrote:
Damn, all I have is school computer access. Nada at home. Internet downloads forbidden. What kind of MST3K card could be made?
Click me.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Darth Servo wrote:
If somebody gives me specs, even vague ones, or even a general idea of a card's capabilities, I'll make it, provided I can find an appropriate illustration.
The Rift
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Rogue 9 wrote:
Darth Servo wrote:
Click me.
Grah! The working man userped by technology again. :P
The Rift
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Okay, problem with that site I just posted: Perhaps I'm overlooking something obvious, but I can't find a way to save the results other than printing.

This appears to be due to the fact that the "Create Card" button has the disclaimer text at the bottom of the page superimposed over it, so that it cannot be clicked.
Last edited by Rogue 9 on 2005-09-26 12:14am, edited 1 time in total.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

Noble Ire wrote:If somebody gives me specs, even vague ones, or even a general idea of a card's capabilities, I'll make it, provided I can find an appropriate illustration.
Just use my avatar. Don't you know what MST3K is about?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystery_Sc ... eater_3000

Their arch nemesis is Dr. Forester

Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Darth Servo wrote:
Noble Ire wrote:If somebody gives me specs, even vague ones, or even a general idea of a card's capabilities, I'll make it, provided I can find an appropriate illustration.
Just use my avatar. Don't you know what MST3K is about?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystery_Sc ... eater_3000

Their arch nemesis is Dr. Forester
I'm familiar with the show.
Is there anything in particular you want your card to do? (Fundie smashing, Troll knashing, fanboying, kneejerking, etc.)
The Rift
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

Noble Ire wrote:Is there anything in particular you want your card to do? (Fundie smashing, Troll knashing, fanboying, kneejerking, etc.)
Fanboy smashing would probably be appropriate since his job is mocking their favorite cult films. Some kind of penalty when Dr. Forester is in play.

Wyrm
Jedi Council Member

Post by Wyrm »

Still leaves us with the problem of several dozen cards refering to Admiral Kanos which should refer to AdmiralKanos. Here's the updated fix-it card:

Voila!

Any suggestions for a better title would be appreciated. (But I kinda like this one! :) )
Darth Wong on Strollers vs. Assholes: "There were days when I wished that my stroller had weapons on it."
wilfulton on Bible genetics: "If two screaming lunatics copulate in front of another screaming lunatic, the result will be yet another screaming lunatic. 8)"
SirNitram: "The nation of France is a theory, not a fact. It should therefore be approached with an open mind, and critically debated and considered."

Cornivore! | BAN-WATCH CANE: XVII | WWJDFAKB? - What Would Jesus Do... For a Klondike Bar? | Evil Bayesian Conspiracy
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Bigass link.

Well, since I can't seem to do it any other way...

Oh, and the same link seems to do different things depending on whether I open it in Firefox or IE. In Firefox it's formatted correctly, while in IE the font for the card class is too big and results in the last word being down in the card text.
Last edited by Rogue 9 on 2005-09-26 03:56pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

I declare your card obsolete Wyrm. :P
Sorry.
The Rift
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

If I may:
The Rift
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

I like it

SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

These are great..

Something for me maybe, but I don't think I've ever posted anything sufficiently witty or done much of anything aside from my meager contributions to the fanfic forum.
Civil War Man
NERRRRRDS!!!

Post by Civil War Man »

Three more lands:
ImageImage

EDIT: Fixed formatting so the page isn't broken
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Okay, I finally got around to locating the image I want for my card:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/ ... 2asuka.jpg

Just crop it from either the chest or the waist.

What's that? I already have a card made? Well, I'll fix that: I don't like the card Chardok made for me, so I hereby reject it outright. :P

Okay, now I don't know shit about MtG, so someone will have to do it for me, preferably someone who actually understands what the hell I'm about, sort of the opposite of Chardok. :P
Last edited by Spanky The Dolphin on 2005-09-26 01:04am, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

Noble Ire wrote:Any suggestions for a Darkstar flavor text?
His greatest hit:
Darkstar wrote:Of course, given that we have nothing to compare it to, it may simply represent the natural order of the dominant humanoids of the SW galaxy.
talking about Vader's artificial spine seen in ROTJ.

Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

OPh hey Civil, I looove the pure Trek and Pure Wars lands.. Great ideas, great pics for each of them :D
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

I have compiled a rough guide to each color in this set. No one is obliged to follow it, but I thought it might be helpful:

White: Order, non-confrontationalism, Fanfics, AMP
Blue: Star Trek, C&G, OSF, Scifi debate
Red: Star Wars, confrontation, flamers, the military(and HAB)
Green: ARSE...
Black: HOS, Trolls, Fundies, Racists, Idiots

This is by no means a complete listing, and it doesn't reall jive with all the cards here, but it might still be useful. Feel free to add onto, modify, etc.
The Rift
EmperorSolo51
Jedi Knight

Post by EmperorSolo51 »

How About Me?

Emperorsolo51

Devout Catholic

If a Fundamentalist launches a Bigoted Anti-Catholic Statement, Then +3 on any Rebuttal.

If a Pope dies, then this Card shall be null and void until a New Pope is elected by the College of Cardinals.

Assertio Septem Sacramentorum- English King Henry VIII in Reponse to Martin Luther.
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

Am I getting the hang of this yet?
Satellite of Love
Last edited by Darth Servo on 2005-09-26 01:20am, edited 2 times in total.