SDN The gathering cards?

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

Noble Ire wrote:
I WITHDRAW MY OBJECTION!
Um, no problem. :?
I think that was from My cousin Vinny. Something like that. Anyway, I wasn't *really* yelling.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Noble Ire wrote:snip
nice, BTW where did you get that Revan pic it's really nice.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Lord Revan wrote:
Noble Ire wrote:snip
nice, BTW where did you get that Revan pic it's really nice.
Google Image search, second or third page for Revan. It was part of a fan-made wallpaper.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

holy shit! these are awesome!
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Wyrm
Jedi Council Member

Post by Wyrm »

Finally, it's the card you've all been waiting for!

Why do you need to sacrifice a donkey? They are Racist Donkey-Raping Son of a Whores, aren't they? 8)
Darth Wong on Strollers vs. Assholes: "There were days when I wished that my stroller had weapons on it."
wilfulton on Bible genetics: "If two screaming lunatics copulate in front of another screaming lunatic, the result will be yet another screaming lunatic. 8)"
SirNitram: "The nation of France is a theory, not a fact. It should therefore be approached with an open mind, and critically debated and considered."

Cornivore! | BAN-WATCH CANE: XVII | WWJDFAKB? - What Would Jesus Do... For a Klondike Bar? | Evil Bayesian Conspiracy
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Wyrm wrote:They are Racist Donkey-Raping Son of a Whores, aren't they? 8)
I believe the plural form of that would be Racist Donkey-Raping Sons of a Whore (or Sons of Whores, depending on your preference). Point being, more than one 'son.'
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker
Location: Ulthwé Craftworld, plotting the downfall of the Imperium.

Post by Lord Zentei »

One point: Lands never have a casting cost. You might want to make that into an Enchantment.
CotK <mew> | HAB | JL | MM | TTC | Cybertron

TAX THE CHURCHES! - Lord Zentei TTC Supreme Grand Prophet

And the LORD said, Let there be Bosons! Yea and let there be Bosoms too!
I'd rather be the great great grandson of a demon ninja than some jackass who grew potatos. -- Covenant
Dead cows don't fart. -- CJvR
...and I like strudel! :mrgreen: -- Asuka
sketerpot
Jedi Council Member

Post by sketerpot »

Zaia wrote:Just a friendly reminder not to quote pictures, guys. You can say, "Ooh, cool, thanks!" without wasting bandwidth, 'k? Thanks. :D
Does quoting pictures waste bandwidth? Surely the pictures are only downloaded once, and every use of them refers to the same already-downloaded picture. At least, they're only downloaded once for the same page. And most photo hosts have cache settings set up so that the pictures will be cached on your computer on multiple pages as well. Quoting pictures wastes screen space, but it shouldn't dramatically increase bandwidth used.

Is there something I'm not getting?
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

sketerpot wrote:
Zaia wrote:Just a friendly reminder not to quote pictures, guys. You can say, "Ooh, cool, thanks!" without wasting bandwidth, 'k? Thanks. :D
Does quoting pictures waste bandwidth? Surely the pictures are only downloaded once, and every use of them refers to the same already-downloaded picture. At least, they're only downloaded once for the same page. And most photo hosts have cache settings set up so that the pictures will be cached on your computer on multiple pages as well. Quoting pictures wastes screen space, but it shouldn't dramatically increase bandwidth used.

Mostly as rule we made up because it can cause problems and for some users the extra time to load all the images can get laggy.

Same reason we prefer people inlining huge images.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker
Location: Ulthwé Craftworld, plotting the downfall of the Imperium.

Post by Lord Zentei »

Lord Zentei wrote:One point: Lands never have a casting cost. You might want to make that into an Enchantment.
Also: I doubt the WCOTC losers really qualify for banding, weren't those guys rather uncoordinated in their invesion? :P
CotK <mew> | HAB | JL | MM | TTC | Cybertron

TAX THE CHURCHES! - Lord Zentei TTC Supreme Grand Prophet

And the LORD said, Let there be Bosons! Yea and let there be Bosoms too!
I'd rather be the great great grandson of a demon ninja than some jackass who grew potatos. -- Covenant
Dead cows don't fart. -- CJvR
...and I like strudel! :mrgreen: -- Asuka
Wyrm
Jedi Council Member

Post by Wyrm »

Lord Zentei wrote:One point: Lands never have a casting cost. You might want to make that into an Enchantment.
Fixed.

Also, I fixed Strategic Defense Instatute to spell AdmiralKanos correctly.

EDIT: Maybe I'll remove banding from the final version...
Darth Wong on Strollers vs. Assholes: "There were days when I wished that my stroller had weapons on it."
wilfulton on Bible genetics: "If two screaming lunatics copulate in front of another screaming lunatic, the result will be yet another screaming lunatic. 8)"
SirNitram: "The nation of France is a theory, not a fact. It should therefore be approached with an open mind, and critically debated and considered."

Cornivore! | BAN-WATCH CANE: XVII | WWJDFAKB? - What Would Jesus Do... For a Klondike Bar? | Evil Bayesian Conspiracy
Akhlut
Sith Devotee

Post by Akhlut »

Damn, man, I must give props for a job-well-done. 8) How long did that take you?
SDNet: Unbelievable levels of pedantry that you can't find anywhere else on the Internet!
DrkHelmet
Social Butterfly

Post by DrkHelmet »

Akhlut wrote:Damn, man, I must give props for a job-well-done. 8) How long did that take you?
*cries*

You missed me!
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

sketerpot wrote:

I went through part of this thread and deleted about six or seven quoted pictures with comments like, "Cool, thanks!" under them. It serves no purpose to slow down the loading time for other users simply because the person saying thanks is too lazy to take two seconds to adjust the quote.

Plus, if people keep quoting it, as the rules state, it'll screw up the formatting of the thread.
Enlightenment, in [url=http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?t=10681]AMP Forum Rules[/url], wrote:When posting into this forum, please be follow these guidelines.

Do not quote inline images. It serves no purpose and can widen the thread as each quote is indented.
Keep the links in the quote (as links) if you want, or snip them, but don't leave them as quoted images.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

DrkHelmet wrote:
Akhlut wrote:Damn, man, I must give props for a job-well-done. 8) How long did that take you?
*cries*

You missed me!
Yours is already in the thread so stop spamming.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

I'm seeing some duplicates.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

RAR! I'm on the band wagon. And I do hope phasing is the ability from weatherlight. Meh.
I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
Chardok

Post by Chardok »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:I'm seeing some duplicates.
Think of them not as duplicates, but as "series I" and "series II" ala Marvel cards.
Grandmaster Jogurt
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grandmaster Jogurt »

Chardok wrote:
Spanky The Dolphin wrote:I'm seeing some duplicates.
Think of them not as duplicates, but as "series I" and "series II" ala Marvel cards.
No, there's actual duplicates, such as the two Fundamentalist Moron cards (the protesters and the bunny) that are both there twice. Since they only load once, though, it doesn't really hurt anything.
Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

RAR! Yet another one. In case you can't read that last bit, it's 'Sacrifice RPG Collection, Pay X life: Target player takes damage equal to twice sacrificed life.'

Flavor text is: When all else fails, throw them off something high.
I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

I don't suppose someone could make one up for me, to satisfy my curiosity?

Or am I still yet too obscure a member? :wink:

Not sure what all I could add to help with the creation of the stats but as for a quote; how about, "Is your name Terry?"
The Gentleman from Texas abstains. Discourteously.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
"WHO POOPED IN A NORMAL ROOM?!"-Commander William T. Riker
Chardok

Post by Chardok »

Grandmaster Jogurt wrote:No, there's actual duplicates, such as the two Fundamentalist Moron cards (the protesters and the bunny) that are both there twice. Since they only load once, though, it doesn't really hurt anything.
Sorry, I didn't notice that. I thought he was referring to my Spanky card Vs. Noble's (Or wyrm's) Spanky Card. My bad entirely.
Chardok

Post by Chardok »

Lets try to keep the commentary in the other thread and keep this one nice and clean for cards only, like the member pic thread. Can a mod move these comments to the other thread? :angelic:
Losonti Tokash
Sith Devotee

Post by Losonti Tokash »

If someone would be so kind...

Losonti Tokash
Summoning cost: 1 blue
1/1 Creature - Lurker

Tap, Pay 1 colorless - Post to thread.

If this ability is used, flip a coin. If heads, then the post contributes to the thread. If tails, the post is spam and you must remove Losonti Tokash from play for 2 turns.

"..."