Fantasy/Custom MtG Cards

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Fantasy/Custom MtG Cards

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Well we have one for SD.Net denziines, one for Sci-Fi shows and starships... Last night after I made my first card I figured "Well, we'll need a Fantasy one" Because, well, this:

Just really didn't fit in either of the other two... More cards to come!!!
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

Why don't we make fantasy cards for various non -MTG series.

I am personally interested in cards for the Tiste Andii (from Steven Erikson's Malazan series), particularly their leader Anomander Rake.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

I have a few Buffy cards, but I'm still working on the kinks in them...
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

I'm almost done with my 50+ Halo MtG set. I just need to add a few more spells and flavor text. Then on to a few other verses in have in mind...
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Glimmervoid
Jedi Master
Location: Some were in the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm.

Post by Glimmervoid »

Noble Ire wrote:I'm almost done with my 50+ Halo MtG set. I just need to add a few more spells and flavor text. Then on to a few other verses in have in mind...
Thats more Sci-fi is it not?
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Glimmervoid wrote:
Noble Ire wrote:I'm almost done with my 50+ Halo MtG set. I just need to add a few more spells and flavor text. Then on to a few other verses in have in mind...
Thats more Sci-fi is it not?
Probably. However, I do have some more fantasy-based ones in mind.
It's odd that I haven't seen more LotR MtG around, aside form a few random cards.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Glimmervoid
Jedi Master

Post by Glimmervoid »

I will be doing more wheel of time.
And hear is my first thoughts on colour.
Red – channelling men
White - other stuff------------- Aiel???(They dont fit any were so they can go hear)
Blue – Channelling woman
Black – dark one stuff
Green – Other stuff
Glimmervoid
Jedi Master

Post by Glimmervoid »

Some more Wheel of time.
Also I will be using the Dragon symbol for all my fantasy cards (unless crossroads inc. has a special symbol in mind.)
A note on the channelling X. Some cards will say select a creature. And the x will effect the spell in some way or some spells might need channelling y or higher.
Image Image Image

Image Image
Last edited by Glimmervoid on 2005-10-03 08:57am, edited 1 time in total.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

"Solider?" :P
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Exonerate
Sith Marauder

Post by Exonerate »

Those WW weenies are overpowered.

BoTM, MM, HAB, JL
mr friendly guy
The Doctor

The weenies are a bit powerful. But then these are the Aiel, who are supposed to be uber, so why not.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

Only stone dog, he should either be a 2/2 or a 1/3. The are at about Tempest level power otherwise.
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
Glimmervoid
Jedi Master

Post by Glimmervoid »

Dark Hellion wrote:Only stone dog, he should either be a 2/2 or a 1/3. The are at about Tempest level power otherwise.
Sorry forgot the drop the power levle when I made him. Fixed now.

Also if anyone could tell me what some of the other warrior societies are good at I would be grateful (I only know what the maidens, stone dogs and red shields do none of the others).

2/2 for 1W is good. But because it is WW and not 1W I felt I could add an ability in there (stone Dog has a bad ability to counterbalance him).
Glimmervoid
Jedi Master

Post by Glimmervoid »

I was thinking the 5 elements of channelling almost fit nicely in to the magic colours so maybe I will base colour on which powers a character is typically strongest in and for weaves what the main parts are.

Air - White/Blue (some times a combination sometimes what ever I feel like).
Spirit - white
Water - blue
Fire - red
Earth - green

I just had another idea. I was going to make each fantasy universe have its own magic “rating” with a world like channel, form etc but I just thought why bother. Have the single word “magic X” and have all the spells from what ever universe run of it.
mr friendly guy
The Doctor

Glimmervoid wrote:I was thinking the 5 elements of channelling almost fit nicely in to the magic colours so maybe I will base colour on which powers a character is typically strongest in and for weaves what the main parts are.

Air - White/Blue (some times a combination sometimes what ever I feel like).
Spirit - white
Water - blue
Fire - red
Earth - green

So black itself would be separate from the One Power. We know that the Forsaken can draw on the "True Source" which presumably is Shai'tan's power, which would fit having that as black mana for game play.

NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

Heres my contribution:

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know...tomorrow."
-Agent Kay
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker
Location: Ulthwé Craftworld, plotting the downfall of the Imperium.

Post by Lord Zentei »

Strength and Toughness scores are missing. :P

Also, you don't need to state that the abilities are instants: Instants are spells (cards), and "tapping" powers are Activated Abilities, and you can always use Activated Abilities whenever you could use an Instant.
CotK <mew> | HAB | JL | MM | TTC | Cybertron

TAX THE CHURCHES! - Lord Zentei TTC Supreme Grand Prophet

And the LORD said, Let there be Bosons! Yea and let there be Bosoms too!
I'd rather be the great great grandson of a demon ninja than some jackass who grew potatos. -- Covenant
Dead cows don't fart. -- CJvR
...and I like strudel! :mrgreen: -- Asuka
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

NeoGoomba wrote:Heres my contribution:

[img]-snip-[/img]
Hmmmmm You need to add "Bishonen" as one of its powers, like haste and first strike?

Bishonen: "When any card with Bishonen comes into play, All Fangirls must tap." :wink: :lol:
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

D'oh, guess it wasnt ready :P

There he is completed. He's probably too cheap, but he's one of the few video game characters I give a damn about

I gave him his magic barrier ability instead of the buff for a more "realistic" Magus
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know...tomorrow."
-Agent Kay